main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Dueling in the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I've only read two of the NJO books. I have a simple question, and as soon as it's answered this can be locked. Are there lightsaber duels in the NJO series, and if so, who do the jedi duel with?

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well we certainly have had Amphistaffs vs. lightsabers.

I also dont belive Vergre used Anakins lightsaber in combat so I belive the answer is, no.

3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    What are amphistaffs? :confused:

They are used by the Vong, right

4. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    There has been a lot of Lightsaber vs. Amphistaff fighting in the NJO - which is much like Lightsaber vs. Lightsaber.

The only Lightsaber/Lightsaber fights that I can remember are the practice duels Jacen had with Anakin. I don't remember which book this was in though.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Thier like elastic snakes which can be used a swords, spears, javalins, and the head can spit poisen.

6. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
  7. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    oh... and don't forget mara and corran practicing in DT:R. and don't forget the hilarious conversation between them afterwards about the ways they could kill kyp... funny as hell

"i know you find him annoying..." luke said.
    corran turned at the sound of luke's voice. "annoying? either i'm covering my feelings, or you're being kind. if i had any telekinesis at all, i'd strangle him with his cloak."
    "corran!" mara frowned as she looked at him.
    "sorry, i suppose that would have been out of character for me--"
    "out of character to be so obvious." mara's green eyes narrowed. "you need to be more subtle. locate a partially blocked artery in his brain, then just pinch it off. bang, he's down and it's over."
    corran smiled. "now i'm really sorry i don't have tk."
    "stop it, both of you." luke shook his head

~Nike Skylark~

8. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    hehe one of the cool scenes. Too bad they didnt actually act out their theories for real

9. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    thats one of my favs in the NJO

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That was a cool scene...

11. Farmboy

Farmboy Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2002
    The duels in the NJO are just like lightsaber duels, but with an extra edge of excitement. You never know what a Yuuzhan Vong might do with its staff, and you can't sense it with the Force.

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    There have been two lightsaber vs lightsaber duels I believe, all though neither meant anything really. One between Anakin and Jacen and one between Luke and Anakin. The one between Anakin and Jacen was during an arguement/"training" excersice between the two. This one took place either in VP, one of the Dark Tide books, or one of the Agents of Chaos books. The one between Luke and Anakin took place in BP and was actually meant as a distraction, and seemed to have been planned by Luke instead of being a spur of the moment descion on Anakin's part.

13. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    there was another unimportant one where Mara dueled Corran.

14. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    That Anakin-Jacen one was in VP after Jacen got back from the meeting with the NR and Luke.

Personally, I like the Amphistaff vs. Lightsaber fights more than Lightsaber vs. Lightsaber. The idea that the Amphistaff can go from stiff to flexible at it's commanders request and that it can spit poison adds another dimension for the jedi to deal with instead of just straight fencing with a really sharp blade.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    there was another unimportant one where Mara dueled Corran.

In the NJO, are you sure? If so, could you point out about where to start looking. Considering I wasn't terribly specific with the Anakin/Jacen duel, you don't have to be either. Just a general idea cause I don't remember that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.