main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Emitter Question

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by PowermanX4, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowermanX4

PowermanX4 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    The Emitter on Obi-Won Kenodi's and Luke Skywalker's lightsabers are really cool. I'm making a lightsaber for a up coming Fan Film and I wan't that emitter for my lightsaber. I know that "Park Sabers" sells one, but does anyone know if theres somthing that I can buy at a near by hardware store that looks like the emitter? In the original Star Wars their lightsabers were made from stuff laying around the house, so maybe the emitter is commen, not machined.

Thanks!

2. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    You're not the first one to want something like this. I don't think anyone has found anything suitable in a hardware version yet.

3. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    There's a thread right now on the Replica Props Forum about just this part. The current guesses range from a piece of sink hardware to a part of a sink drain to part of a torch to (the newest find) part of a Derwent rocket engine. But nothing has panned out to any certainty.

One thing you could look for that might work, not screen accurately though, is called an escutcheon. It's a plumbing part and I have seen pics on the RPF of a few that would work if you don't care too much about total accuracy.

4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The real part of Obi-Wan's saber has been confirmed today as being part of an airplane engine. It is really hard to find and very expensive.
    The emitter on Luke's lightsaber was machined to be in the likeness of this part.

My best suggestion would be to build it yourself from a few pieces of pipe and glue a large fender washer on the top.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yup, Cold War era jet engine part made by Rolls Royce.

Would Obi-Wan have it any other way?

6. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    cool! I haven't checked the RPF in a few hours. Stupid Fatherhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.