main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Lightsaber Form Masters

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Silas Nightstalker, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Just curious as to who everyone thinks is the master of a particular lightsaber form. I'll post my guesses in order. I may revise them as new evidence presents itself, of course.

Form I: Kit Fisto
    Form II: Dooku
    Form III: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Form IV: Yoda
    Form V: Darth Bane
    Form VI: ????
    Form VII: Mace Windu

Now this doesn't include those who have achieved mastery of all forms. This is who I consider to be THE master of one particular form. Obviously you have people like Sidious, Luke, Plagueis who are masters of several forms. This is what I have so far. Let's see what the people think!

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Form V: Anakin Skywalker, he mastered both subforms, Djem So and Shien, though Darth Bane was an excellent choice, and Form VI: Cin Drallig, the Jedi battlemaster who mastered the first six forms, other than that, I completely agree.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I would say Kun for Form VI really. He's outright said to be a Master of Niman.

4. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    And from what I've heard about Niman, if you completely master it, you're really better off than anybody else. That speaks volumes about Kun.

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    And Ulic since he's said to be Kun's equal (IIRC, during that one panel or so 'duel' of theirs it says they're both masters of lightsaber combat and evenly matched).

6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I agree with Exar Kun as the choice for Form Vl.

For V I think there are a number of candidates. Anakin of course, Luke as well since though he mastered many forms (so did Anakin, Bane, and Obi-Wan for that matter) he seems to specialize in V like his father, and was able to use it to evenly duel a more seasoned Darth Vader, who i'd also recommend. I'd also throw Bane in there as well as Uliq, who was the only person in his era able to equal Exar Kun with the lghtsaber. I'd also mention Galen for being able to not only fight evenly with, but defeating Vader in a straight up duel with his reverse Shien style. There are too many excellent duelists for Form V.

Agree with the rest of the choices.

7. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    That was way before Kun's prime and considering that Kun's skill with Niman is directly related to his power, due to how the mechanics of the form works, then Kun in his prime is definitely superior, not to mention he only used a single blade in that battle.

However, the real Form V master is Darth Vader, definitely.

zompusbite likes this.
  8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jar-Kai, (the use of two sabers) is learned after learning VI? If so, would Aayla Secura be a form VI master?

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The problem with having it be Darth Vader, due his suit, he started using more of a hybrid style centered around Form V, but taking techniques from several other forms, which is why I say Anakin Skywalker was the master of Form V, due to his mastery of both of its subforms, Shien and Djem So.

10. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    I would say Anakin was A master of Form V, but I don't know about THE master. I think Darth Bane was probably the greatest Form V Master who ever lived, save for Luke Skywalker himself. I've also noticed that it seems like the greatest duelists are often Form V duelists.

zompusbite likes this.
  11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Is that mostly new republic that you see that? Because I'm just thinking off the top of my head on old republic right now, Mace-Vaapad, Yoda-Ataru, Obi-Wan-Soresu, Kit Fisto-Shi-Cho?, Qui-Gon-Ataru, Maul-Juyo, Tyrannus-Makashi. Each of these were considered to be *among* the best, and while I clearly haven't included anyone, I can't say that I see Form V as a trend particularly among great duelists. If you have (or can compile) a list that makes such a trend more obvious, I'd love to see it. (no sarcasm, I'd like to know)

zompusbite likes this.
  12. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I was more thinking that the greatest duels tend to involve Form V duelists more often than not.

Silas Nightstalker likes this.
  13. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014

Anakin did'nt mastered Form V as it was proved in RotS novel. A true Master is not only a master of the art, but the master over himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.