main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Lightsaber hilt

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Argagax, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Argagax

Argagax Jedi Padawan

May 19, 2014
    I'm trying to find a Vader saber, hilt only.
    I've seen all the custom lightsaber makers, but they mainly make full sabers with blade and sound, which is a waste of space and money for someone who only wants the hilt to hang on the belt.

I can find no replicas for sale anymore.

Is it really impossible to find a simple, nice hilt of one of the most famous sabers of all time???

2. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Well if you are looking for a true replica, Vader's lightsaber was built using a Heiland Synchronar Flash gun which you can sometimes find converted on places like eBay. To answer your question, yes these actually can be very hard to find, because they are old camera pieces and a lot of them are owned by photographers and camera collectors who will not sell them because they feel converting them into a lightsaber is destroying the flash gun; which in fairness it really is. You have the same problem with the Graflex for Luke's ANH/ESB lightsaber. As for finding someone who has the expertise to make one without using a flash gun, I have seen them around every so often, but as you said nowadays they are normally built as a complete weapon, blade and all.

If you do find one, be prepared to spend some money as they normally aren't cheap and you will be bidding against a lot of other interested parties.