Calgary Lightsaber Lessons 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't make it to lessons tonight in the process of moving have fun.
  2. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry...can't make it tonight as I have to work. Hope to see you all next week.
  3. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is a friendly email reminder for the third block of lightsaber lessons

Payment for the next month of classes is due at the next class, Tuesday February 28th. The fee remains $45, payable by cash or cheque made out to "Jennifer Gerritsen."

This set of classes runs March 14, 21, April 4, 11.

Please note the following.

1) There is no class on March 28th due to spring break
    2) The classes beginning in April will be held at
    Sunalta Elementary School
    Main Gym
    536 Sonora Ave SW.

If you have previously dropped out, you are more than welcome to restart at any time. We are also always looking for new members.

4. RogueNine- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wont be able to make it to the next bunch of classes as my next 3 midterms are all on tuesday nights [face_worried]
  5. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll in - will bring $$ to next class.
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone else feel like going to this class in robes? I want to see how my new belt fares.
  7. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Echoseven wore robes last class. I am debating on wearing mine.
  8. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Tonight class was AWESOME!! I tried that last move we learned on my husband soon after I got home - he forgot to protect himself :( and I nailed him [face_beatup] . Yeah - he's gonna think twice about asking me to demonstrate what I learned in class from now on [face_laugh] . Needless to say - the move worked just like Sifu Tim said it would ;) .
    Can't wait till next class!!!
  9. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, echoseven - :oops: I *told* you to be nice!!! You should have let him get some "protective gear" first.

I really REALLY had a lot of fun at tonight's class, too. The most memorable part was realizing that the new form contains the mate of itself within itself, if that makes any sense. :confused: I made a few breakthroughs tonight where technique is concerned, and I had a lot of fun.

I also realized how poor my balance is. I couldn't stay on my feet when we were doing the head roll drill. Going to have to seriously work on that.

10. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    As a reminder, please note the following.

1) There is no class on March 28th due to spring break
    2) The classes beginning in April will be held at:

Sunalta Elementary School
    Main Gym
    536 Sonora Ave SW.

See you all there.
  11. Talmerith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Kosmic and I will be at tonights class but we are going to be about twenty minutes late due to the depot sheduling Kosmic to work until 7. Bah!
  12. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    A little late with this but....Tuesdays class was awesome! Learning the kick is going to be tough, but it's all about practice, practice, practice!!

I have to admit though, my body is so sore! The past two days, it feels like I've been beaten with a gimmer stick from shoulders to ankles 8-} Anyone else feeling the after-effects??? Or is it just my out-of-shape bag 'o bones....??
  13. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    I re-started pilates and my wimpy form of weight-training this week too... it's hard to tell what did me in the most! But I am barely able to type this morning!

Jen
  14. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really should have stretched before that class. I definitely felt those kicks all day yesterday.
  15. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

You all did great the other night !
    You guys were flying.
    Please stretch every day ( just 5 min. / day goes a long way )

Just a reminder
    There is no class this Sat. morn.

I hope you all have a good long weekend.
    I could not ask for better students.

MF
  16. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Brilliant class last night:D When I got home, I practiced the two-handed flowers until I got it right. My hubby was very impressed - said it looked great!

Is it next week yet????!!!
  17. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love the 2-handed flower!!

Quick notice:
    Sunalta school is having a concert in the gym tonight. We will be having class in the auxillary gym - downstairs and the right of the main gym. One of us will be at the door to direct - and try not to disrupt the younglings' concert :)

It might also be be best to park down the street rather than the parking lot tonight.

Many thanks!
    See you there!
    Jen
  18. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi there,

With our numbers down to about 8 regulars we can no longer afford to continue with the school rentals on Tuesday nights. Those of us currently enrolled in 'Block 4' will finish off our 4 weeks at Sunalta School, but I have had to cancel our remaining booking. This means that the last class at Sunalta will be Tuesday May 9.

Although it's a bit sad to lose our fun space at Sunalta, this is not the end of lightsaber training - far from it!

Saturday mornings at 10:30 am have already been in use as drop-in practice at the Academy of Shaolin, and this will now be our regular class. Fees will be paid to the Academy (either as a drop-in or monthly - I'm sorry I don't have exactly how much that is).

Also, we haven't entirely paid off our insurance, so if those of you who continue to train could still chip in a little for me to help pay that off, that would be much appreciated. The insurance remains valuable to us all - especially if we do demos at ComicExpo or Con-Version this summer.

Jen
  19. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi folks,

Calgary Rec apologises for the short notice, but I guess Sunalta's roof is being blown off in this wind and they've had to evacuate the school today.

That means there is no class tonight.

They are going to give us a class May 16 instead (so that means we have May 9 and May 16 left at Sunalta on Tuesday nights).

Jen
  20. RogueNine- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well dang. Showed up at sunalta to find construction workers outside and the doors locked. Guess I should have checked the boards earlier =/
  21. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    How many people do we need Jen to keep saber class active at a gym. I have just finished school and was hoping to get back into it.
  22. RogueNine- Jedi Knight

star 1
    So we arent going to be doing this on weekday nights anymore? dang! I hope this wasnt cause I wasnt able to attend the last 2 =(
  23. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    RogueNine- I've PM'ed you.

Prelude - We couldn't keep the rental with the number of regulars we had so the school had to be cancelled before we started losing money - the whole booking has been cancelled and we cannot really get the booking back. So it doesn't matter how many of you there are now...

...Well, I suppose it does matter. If we consistently have 12 or more members coming out, then maybe by the end of the summer I'd be willing to look into a school booking again - but that would be something we should discuss as a group should the need arise.

Again: Saturday mornings are still on. Please come out if you are interested!

Jen
  24. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

There will be no class on Sat. May 6.
    See you at the school on Tue. night.

M.F.
  25. RogueNine- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heres just a question... since its spring/summer now cant we just find an open space outside somewhere and do it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.