main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lightsaber of Truth thread" Ask Charlemagne19 for an explanation of any EU question!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Who are the known Jedi who survived Order 66

An extensive question. It's important to note that Order 66 was a long standing policy of the Empire by the stormtroopers and really is only the first part of the Emperor's Jedi Purge. Over two thousand Jedi Knights were still alive at the time of Revenge of the Sith and not all of them were leading Clone Troopers. In many areas, it would be simplicity to slip away from them into the folliage or city-scape around them while others are capable enough to get away from the enemy. Others were sheltered by the local people. The majority of the Jedi Knights were killed by the Clone Wars and a dozen other manufactured crisises by Palpatine (like the events on Yinchorri years earlier) but the bulk of the remaining hunt was conducted by Darth Vader and the Imperial Inquisition.

Indeed, it was not until just before Return of the Jedi that the last of the Jedi but Luke Skywalker died.

Well known Jedi who survived Order Sixty-Six are

Ikrit, Odd Bnar, Halagad Ventor, Corwin Shelvay, Darwin Arkaanian, Obi Wan Kenobi, Kendalina, Jedi Knight Sibwara, Jerec, Maw, Jedgar, Kadann, "The Last Jedi" from Marvel Comics, Qu Rahn, K'kruhk, Kai Justiss, A'sharad Hett, Vima Da Boba, Jedi Master A'ka, Jedi Master Ashka Boba (The Keeper of the Holocron), The Unknown Jedi killed on Mrsslt, Emperor Brand, The Dark Woman, High Inquisitor Tremayne, Master Kylan, Colonel Rez, Daanen Kerr, Lord Cornal, Callista, Geith, the Whiphid Jedi on Toola, Roganda Ismaren, the Jedi killed in the Galaxy of Fear books, Roganda Ismaren's brother, Vergere, Nicholas Marr

2. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Ehh... Vergere?

Otherwise, that's quite the list... fascinating.

- Keralys

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    OOC: I was still editing it actually.

Waru, Why?

It is important to note that Waru is not nearly as strange or bizarre in the Star Wars Universe as many people think. The 'demigod' Waru deliberately cultivated an air of mystery and power around himself to make himself seem more formidable but his claims of divinity are no more valid than Palpatine claiming to be the Jedi equivalent of the Anti-Christ and an avatar of the Dark Side.

In truth, Waru was an invertebrate alien lifeform with extremely powerful Force Adept abilities. His unusual force gift (no more unique than Corran Horn's absorbing talent) was a talent at the manipulation of lifeforce. Like Palpatine, Waru used the Force to feed upon the life energies of living beings but didn't distribute his feeding of their energies across mas numbers but instead often devoured entire people whole to feed his power over the Force. He occasionally used his abilities to enhance the natural talents of Jedi healing that are amongst their more famous abilities but this was only to aid his increasing his energy store. How Waru bypassed the Crystal Stars disruption of the Force was probably merely a matter of training and why his abilities felt 'off.'

Because Waru possessed the ability to cross dimensions and space, it seems quite likely that the "other dimension" he was from is nothing more than Otherspace. Otherspace is a dimension that was discovered, and possibly created by but certainly populated by, the Aing Ti monks in their earlier experiments. It is indeed possible that Waru is a member of that order though this would require piercing the layers of lies that he coated himself in. The only evidence is circumstantial at this point and that his abilities resemble theirs.

4. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Vergere quit bieng a Jedi when she bought into the Potentium...

Of course so do Jerec, and a bunch of others.. :D

Heres one for you Charles..

How can you become a force ghost when according to GL, Midiclorians are responsible for your connection to the force.. when you die you cannot stay with your fleshy body..

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    How can you become a force ghost when according to GL, Midiclorians are responsible for your connection to the force.. when you die you cannot stay with your fleshy body..

"Luminous Beings we are, not this Crude matter"

Yoda wasn't being fastidious. The greatest enemy to the Force is the flesh that human beings and other races live in. At heart, every being in Star wars is composed of a collection of Force energy that has gained sentience away from the 'glorious light' of the Light Side of the Force. This is most similiar to various religions' concept of a soul. These 'force souls' exist in physical bodies that effectively serve as either containers but also probably nurturing crysalsis for them. The midi-clorianes are an aid for the 'force soul' to communicate with the Force while the 'force soul' is inside the body. After death, the force soul proceeds to rejoin with the Force. It's much like using a telephone versus talking in person. The midiclorians are a medium.

Jedi Masters in various periods have mastered a technique passed down from the Whills (an ancient order according to Qui Gon Jinn) that allows them to transfer all of their physical body into energy that can be used to stay a little while longer in the physical world to aid or advise human beings or other races in dealing with threats or to educate them a little while longer. The power needed to stay seems to be very little if conserved and Boba Baas was able to remain in existence for 4000 years to eventually aid in defeating Exar Kun.

Suffice to say, Force Ghosts do not need the channel of midiclorians that normal human beings do and thus beings like Freedon Nadd and the Dead of Korriban can possess all their powers and more.

6. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    What was the real reason that Thracia Cho Leem left the Jedi order?

7. Silver_mane

Silver_mane Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Thanks Charlemagne, Leia's witholding of proper Jedi status makes more sense to me now. :)

8. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005

First off, I think your numbers for the Jedi alive at the end of the Clone Wars may be a little low. There were between 9,000 and 10,000 Jedi at the beginning of the Clone Wars, and as of Dark Rendezvous, it says something, iirc, about having lost over 1,000 Knights and just as many Padawans. This would put the count down to about 7,000 or 8,000. To allow for the time between DR and ROTS I could accept a count as low as 6,000, but that's about it. However, I'm not an official source, so I could be proven wrong at any time.

The real reason I asked the question in the first place was to compare my list against what you may have. Your list was significantly smaller than mine, but I did notice a few that weren't on my list. What source says that A'sharad survived Order 66? I have also never heard of Master Kylan, Clonel Rez, Nicholas Marr, or Master A'ka, and I have not seen any source that stated that Lord Cronal was ever a true Jedi. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just want to know what sources you used.

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    First off, I think your numbers for the Jedi alive at the end of the Clone Wars may be a little low. There were between 9,000 and 10,000 Jedi at the beginning of the Clone Wars, and as of Dark Rendezvous, it says something, iirc, about having lost over 1,000 Knights and just as many Padawans. This would put the count down to about 7,000 or 8,000. To allow for the time between DR and ROTS I could accept a count as low as 6,000, but that's about it. However, I'm not an official source, so I could be proven wrong at any time.

The Clone Wars comic book series give "Only a few thousand of us left" and the numbers for 2000 survivors was given by official sources at Lucasfilm.

The real reason I asked the question in the first place was to compare my list against what you may have. Your list was significantly smaller than mine, but I did notice a few that weren't on my list. What source says that A'sharad survived Order 66? I have also never heard of Master Kylan, Clonel Rez, Nicholas Marr, or Master A'ka, and I have not seen any source that stated that Lord Cronal was ever a true Jedi. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just want to know what sources you used.

1. Dark Horse for future comics in "Purge", note I haven't included any of the three named for the first issue or the Insiders padawan survivors of the Temple Purge etc (not even Anakin's companion feris was mentioned! Gasp!). This was just to throw out some names. Suffice to say the Jedi were already decimated at that time when Palpatine felt it was right to turn against them.

We'll be finding out many new survivor's names with the Purge and Last of the Jedi series so I think it premature to try and catalogue them all just yet.

2. Master Kylan is High Inquisitor Tremayne's corrupted master.

3. Colonel Rez (Colonel is his rank) appeared in Star Wars adventure journals.

4. Nicholas Marr was a padawan of the Jedi who appeared in Children of the Jedi

5. Master A'ka is Elegos A'ka's Uncle.

6. Lord Cronal was a Jedi Librarian because he's also Black Hole's true identity.

What was the real reason that Thracia Cho Leem left the Jedi order?

Thracia Cho Liam was an unorthodox Jedi Knight whose belief structures were built around a strong appreciation for family bonds. She routinely married and bore children before moving on. The fact that she taught such an anti-child Jedi as Vergere is perhaps an interesting character study. At the time of Rogue Planet her distaste for the Jedi's strictness was no doubt growing even greater as individuals like Qui Gon Jinn and others became more and more absent.

Given the increasing chaos in the galaxy and the Seperatist movement, we can speculate that she left the order in part because of family ties and also because she predicted that the Jedi would soon become more militant still. It's also possible that, like Joruus C'boath, she fell prey the Palpatine's secret Jedi hunting expeditions at that time which preyed upon masters of the Jedi that were removed from the greater structure of the galaxy.

10. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    [face_whistling]

so Waru has to do with Aing Ti? Jacen studied with Aing Ti. and he knows Waru... yeah he joined the Church of Waru, thx for prooving it! *dances* Warutastic, Mr Potentium is a Warusiver!!!

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    A possibility I'm raising.

There's possibly no link but stranger things have happened and it would explain a great deal.

12. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    Charlemagne19

The Clone Wars comic book series give "Only a few thousand of us left" and the numbers for 2000 survivors was given by official sources at Lucasfilm.

Which official sources at Lucasfilm? I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I just like knowing where I can go to check.

1. Dark Horse for future comics in "Purge", note I haven't included any of the three named for the first issue or the Insiders padawan survivors of the Temple Purge etc (not even Anakin's companion feris was mentioned! Gasp!). This was just to throw out some names. Suffice to say the Jedi were already decimated at that time when Palpatine felt it was right to turn against them.

Any three named for the first issue of what? "Purge" is a one-shot. Do you mean Republic #79&80?

We'll be finding out many new survivor's names with the Purge and Last of the Jedi series so I think it premature to try and catalogue them all just yet.

I know, but I like to get a head start on these things.

2. Master Kylan is High Inquisitor Tremayne's corrupted master.

Ah, Kylanu. I was not aware that he was a Purge survivor. In fact, I'm not sure about much of anything regardomg Tremayne's backstory, now that Evasive Action: Recruitment is using him.

3. Colonel Rez (Colonel is his rank) appeared in Star Wars adventure journals.

Do you mean Tynier Renz?

4. Nicholas Marr was a padawan of the Jedi who appeared in Children of the Jedi

Ah, Nichos Marr. I was unaware that he had been a Padawan before the Purge.

5. Master A'ka is Elegos A'ka's Uncle.

Actually, you got both names wrong, here. The Elegos's last name is A'kla, and his uncle was Ylenic It'kla.

6. Lord Cronal was a Jedi Librarian because he's also Black Hole's true identity.

Now that you mention it, I think I do remember reading something about that before.

You still haven't told me where you got that A'sharad survived Order 66.

13. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    If nowhere else, it's confirmed in the New Essential Chronology.

- Keralys

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Which official sources at Lucasfilm? I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I just like knowing where I can go to check.

I believe Insider confirmed it, it's possible it was also in the Visual Dictionary. The funerary scene was in the early part of Republic's Clone Wars Arc and in the first trade paperback.

Any three named for the first issue of what? "Purge" is a one-shot. Do you mean Republic #79&80?

Read the Purge thread, they have pictures.

Ah, Kylanu. I was not aware that he was a Purge survivor. In fact, I'm not sure about much of anything regardomg Tremayne's backstory, now that Evasive Action: Recruitment is using him.

The Unofficial Encyclopedia gives it as Kylan.

Do you mean Tynier Renz?

Yes and it was spelled Rez in said encyclopedia. (I don't use the encyclopedia for anything but names FYI to my readers)

Ah, Nichos Marr. I was unaware that he had been a Padawan before the Purge.

Most likely he was a youngling rather than a padawan but his training was continued until adolescence by Plett.

Actually, you got both names wrong, here. The Elegos's last name is A'kla, and his uncle was Ylenic It'kla.

This was Wikipedia's case in this time. However, I was referring to his name at death when he changed it to his nephew's family. I don't particularly feel the need to diffentiate the two families honestly.

You still haven't told me where you got that A'sharad survived Order 66.

As stated, It's been stated by Dark Horse comics (many whom members post here)

15. starkiller721

starkiller721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    What is the history of the death star 1 ??

16. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    The New Essential Chronology also confirms that A'sharad lives through Order 66.

Did Tyria Sarkin really become a Jedi? I've seen her listed as a Jedi Knight in the NJO era, but I can't find proof in reading (granted, I haven't read all of the NJO series). In "Wraith Squadron," she says that she already tested with Luke, and Luke informed her that she had little Force potential. So is she studying to become a Jedi around the NJO/TSW time, or is that just some wild fan speculation?

17. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Not according to my copy:

It is unknown whether Emperor Palpatine was aware that Rokur Gepta was actually a Croke, a tiny snail-like creature from the Unknown Regions. The Emperor had long been interested in the Sorcerers of Tund, since their religious teachings were based on an archaic interpretation of original Sith doctrine. Gepta had used his Croke powers of illusion to infiltrate that secret society, co-opt its Sith teachings, and then annihilate it--Tund is now an uninhabited, irradiated wasteland, and the death of Gepta marked an end to the Sorcerers of Tund.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Thanos06

Actually, the line that lead me to believe they were related is "Palpatine is interested" dot dot dot "Rogut Gepta used his powers to infiltrate the society and destroy it."

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    What is the history of the death star 1 ??

The history of the Death Star 1 is a long and complex affair but essentially can be summarized in a number of easy steps. The initial idea for a mammoth battle station and weapons platform that dwarfed all current war machines was Raith Sienner whom foresaw the use of world devastators and IG-88 assassin droids if his collection is any given idea. Raith Sienner traded the idea to occasional political ally (and enemy) Wilhulf Tarkin whom claimed the idea entirely as his own. Palpatine arranged for the battle plans to enter the hands of the Seperatists whom hired through the Geonosians, human engineer Bevel Lemisk. Several false starts for the resultant machine began with Bevel having discovered the idea of a superlaser. With the fall of Geonosis, the weapon fell back into the hands of Palpatine who started the Republic working on it in secret. Bevel Lemisk apparently defected to the Republic at this time or was already part of the Sith cult that served Palpatine's ambitions. It is during this time that the Maw was probably sought out. As of Revenge of the Sith, the weapon seemed to be almost completed but clearly some severe setbacks occurred, suspicions possibly being the Senate or technology rapidly rendering the current death star incomplete. My personal suspicions are the Super Laser didn't work right and had to be removed and rebuilt several times.

Ultimately, it was 20 years of job security for Tarkin whom intended to use the weapon to destroy Coruscant. Lord Vader might have stopped this threat or he might have aided him in it.

Note this doesn't touch on the merry go round of intelligence that was the Death Star plans.

Did Tyria Sarkin really become a Jedi? I've seen her listed as a Jedi Knight in the NJO era, but I can't find proof in reading (granted, I haven't read all of the NJO series). In "Wraith Squadron," she says that she already tested with Luke, and Luke informed her that she had little Force potential. So is she studying to become a Jedi around the NJO/TSW time, or is that just some wild fan speculation?

As of the NJO, Luke Skywalker realized that his own potential greatly dwarfed most individuals most likely and at the very least...realized that what was important in a Jedi was less their ability to use the Force and instead their loyalty to the Jedi Way. To that end, midiclorians or not, Luke Skywalker accepted her as a Jedi apprentice and by the time of the NJO Rebel books, she had completed her training (to the limits of her potential) and been declared a Jedi Knight by Luke Skywalker. She had at this time also become considerably more mystical and introverted than before.

20. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    And I think Gepta allied with him AFTER destroying Tund. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It's a perfectly valid interpretation Thanos06, you could well be right. I just am relying on Palpatine's history of destroying all force sensetive opposition to himself through internal betrayal (which allows the secrets of the group to survive so that he can learn them).

22. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Ah, thanks Char. Here's another one:

In ESB, did Vader use energy absorption to dissipate the energy from Han's blaster, or does he just have some really tough gloves? And if it was a force-like abillity, is it similar to Corran's absorption skills?

23. starkiller721

starkiller721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    how does qui xux (spelling probally wrong) factor into the creation of the death star 1 ??

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In ESB, did Vader use energy absorption to dissipate the energy from Han's blaster, or does he just have some really tough gloves? And if it was a force-like abillity, is it similar to Corran's absorption skills?

The Force ability used by Corran Horn is based off the Absorb/Dissapate energy skill described in the WEG sourcebooks which is based on that very scene. Wizards of the Coast accidentally retconned the ability out of Vader's repoitroie but it's most likely with the expiration of their license that the ability has returned to what Vader did. The Glove of Darth Vader was supposed to be indestructible in part because of this but we tend to ignore that.

Vader's Sith armor could absorb blaster bolts however.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    how does qui xux (spelling probally wrong) factor into the creation of the death star 1 ??

According to the New Essential Chronology, Qui Xui was part of the team Tarkin assembled to try and fix flaws with the Superlaser and otherwise go over the Death Star plans with a fine tooth comb. Her comments about the superlaser's use indicate that she was directly involved in its construction. Largely, Bevel Lemisk and Raith Sienner are the two men most responsible for the super weapon though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.