main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lightsaber of Truth thread" Ask Charlemagne19 for an explanation of any EU question!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Ppssst.

*whispers*

6 Dark Side points means you automatically fall.

WEG rules.

2. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Luke said, "Help me Leia... I've gone too far into the Dark Side," referring to his study of Dark Side techniques, and his use of them, which gave the Emperor the hold on him that he needed to mind control him after their lightsaber duel, and the reason he was tainted as he was at that point.

Note that he says this once Leia helps him break out of the Emperor's mind control over him -- the very reason he dueled with Leia in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, here. I'm not saying Luke didn't do anything Evil during Dark Empire. He most certainly did; however, all of the availible evidence suggest that he just wasn't "consumed" by the Dark Side.

3. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    *Brings Charles to the side*

*Ahem* His stats are as of the end of DE, meaning if he'd been "redeemed" and returned to the Light, he should've had FIVE DSP, not six.

WEG rules.

EDIT: And having six DSP does NOT mean you automatically fall. You have to roll LESS than the number of DSP to fall. My dice have sixes written on them.

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I believe that it's for the end of the story.

Because if Luke HAS been redeemed then he'll have 0 DSP along with 0 FP.

And since you can't roll less than a 6 then you automatically fall.

5. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    If the bio is any indication, then absolutely not.

Apparently, it's a difference in edtions, then. R&E rules say a redeemed character loses all his FP and CP and is reduced to five DSP.

As for the last part... what? The rules state that for every DSP a character earns, he rolls one die. If the result is LESS than the number of DSP the character has, then that character has fallen to the Dark Side. You can most certainly roll a six; [Sparrow]it's possible, just not probable. [/Sparrow]

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay but I'm just saying that if you have 6 DSP then you have to roll a 7 in order to not fall.

Or did I screw over one player accidentally?

7. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    I think you may have, my friend.

When characters gets a Dark Side Point, roll 1D. If the roll is less than the number of Dark Side Points a character has, the character has turned to the Dark Side. - SWRPG 2nd ed., pg. 56, Dark Side Points

EDIT: That's one lucky player to make it that far, though. :p

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Lightsaber of Truth-boy, try again. :p

Telekinesis requires LOS now ("... you must be able to see the object..."); Force Storms don't.

Two separate things. :)

9. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    Wrong. Wizards admitted to making that rule purely for game-balancing issues, and that it contradicted certain situations in the established continuity. There is a variant rule now that allows for long-range force-use -- Telekinesis included -- out of line of sight.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, whereso? I must have missed that one...

Also, when did anyone in established G-canonism use Telekinesis out of LOS?

11. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    Jedi Counseling 82.

Your point? Isn't this an EU forum? Hasn't this discussion included EU already? The RPG is C-level canon, anyway. I didn't realize the NJO had left you as such a broken shell of man to where you're just a purist, now. :p

12. RafVader

RafVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2007
    I'm asking this question again because I know you'll answer me.

Why isn't sacrificing Lumiya enough to be considered Lord of the Sith? He gets rid of his mother and sacrifices one he cares for her. Killing two birds with one stone is good enough right?

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Charlemagne, does Lumiya have the Hat?

Because she's came back more times now than any Hat user....?

Just occured to me.

14. Galactica500

Galactica500 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 25, 2006
    I do have a question: Since Luke had no real formal training as a Jedi I read Shadows of the Empire and all the post ROTJ stuff but...

1)Did Ben or Yoda write down much for him other than how to build a lightsaber?
    2)There are 7 kinds of lightsaber technique in the Old Republic. Since Luke had never had any sparing partners and I know he adopted a form 5 for ROTJ, did the ever learn or master any of the other 6? What is the NJO style or post NJO? Would Luke be a blade master at this point even by Yoda's standards?

15. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Why false? We've seen people manipulate stuff through walls before.

16. drevan1138

drevan1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2006
    Did padawans in the KOTOR period have padawan braids? I don't remember ever seeing a braid except for Juhani's hairdo which could be considered one.

Thanks Charlemagne19 your knowledge is unparalleled.

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I won't even dignify the logic of Wizards of the Coast in this matter.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In general, purely because of reasons of practicality. If Jacen Solo kills Lumiya then he pretty much shoots down his chance to be Dark Lord of the Sith. A part of him wants to avoid this, which is why he sent Lumiya into a trap to be killed by his Uncle Luke. However, he won't do it himself because that would deprive him of his best chance to gain more Sith knowledge. It would also force him to confront the realization that he killed Nelani Din for nothing despite what his visions say about his Uncle's probable death.

And the "sacrifice" is actually a Sith ritual largely made up by Lumiya to turn him against his family. Jacen was horrified to find that Anakin joined the Sith to SAVE his loved ones but apparently never made the connection that murdering a close family member or friend is solely Lumiya's price for her knowledge.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/06/Dark_Lady_Lumiya.jpg]

Lumiya's hat hid out in Star Trek the Next Generation for awhile.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/6/67/Guinan_and_Picard_%282365%29.jpg]

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    It would appear not to be a hard and fast rule of the order. Bastilla is still a Padawan, and bears no braid. Zayne and Griff have a little side story in Commencement about Zayne giving Gryph the braid because Gryph could sell it for a decent profit (although, I suppose selling anything that's free would constitute a profit). The very fact that there would be such a market seems to imply that a good portion of Padawans who have fallen prey to the less Jedi-friendly denizens of the Galaxy were braided.

Charles, I stumbled accross the link to the Hat thread a few days ago, and on the most recent page, there was talk of Boba Fett's Wookiee braids being retconned into Padawan braids. 1) Is this an actual, canon retcon? 2) What species are these giant Padawans?

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    1. The datapad that Ben left him seems to have contained a bit of generalist Jedi knowledge. Not much, but enough for Luke to practice with inbetween ESB and Return of the Jedi.

2. Luke's Jedi practice three lightsaber forms that roughly correspond to Form V, VI, and IV as demonstrated in Jedi Academy. Luke himself seems to have been using Juyo in The Unifying Force which would have required him to have learned all Seven Forms of Lightsaber combat.

My guess is that the Forms exist but Luke generally doesn't teach them in such a esoteric manner, instead relying on practicality.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That seems about accurate but I tend to think that Bastilla might still have hers under all that hair. That or she's being uppity after defeating Revan.

Bastilla is a lot less traditional Jedi than people think she is and a lot more strict than people think. The Dantooine Enclave is a bit strange that way.

Alas it is fanon but I have it on good authority we'll see it retconned that it was Wookiee Padawans.

:)

23. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that was my retcon in the Hat thread. Someone else better not be taking credit for my retcon. :p

Unfortunatly, that means we don't get any giant Padawans. :_|

24. Galactica500

Galactica500 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 25, 2006
    Thanks;) I don't assume Luke would teach form 7 to anyone.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Luke rarely has time to breathe since becoming Grandmaster.

The academy Weapons instructor is Kyle Katarn whom knows at least Forms V, IV, and VI since he's teaching Fast, Medium, and Hard lightsaber styles.

It's probable that Kyle may himself be the only other Jedi who knows Juyo now.

(though one can wonder with Jacen Solo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.