main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lightsaber of Truth thread" Ask Charlemagne19 for an explanation of any EU question!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Has it ever been established how long Luke made Lowie, Tesar and Tahir stay on Dagobah after they betrayed the order in DN?

Also, what's your stance on the relationship between Lumiya and Vergere? Did they really know each other and if so, when? Was Vergere really a candidate for Sith apprentice to Sidious? I know some of these things haven't been officially answered yet but I just wanted your "educated" opinion.

2. DancinBrud

DancinBrud Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    By the time we get to Episode III, it seems like Obi-Wan pretty much knows that there's something more than friendship going on with Anakin and Padme. When did he figure this out, and does he ever try to give Anakin a talking-to about it? Seems like he should have been aware of Anakin's attachment issues.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    1. I believe it was only a couple of months. Just enough time for them to be made aware that Luke wasn't listening to any bad mouthing of Jacen.

2. Assuming the old adage that the Sith prefer to cloak their lies in the truth, most likely Lumiya knew OF Vergere but there's no indication that they actually met (nor does Lumiya say that they did). Lumiya did attempt to make an Alliance with the Yuuzhan Vong, so its possible they met during the Pre-Elan death period.

As for whether Vergere was a Sith apprentice. I'm inclined to suggest that said part is true as well. Vergere wanted knowledge about the Force and became an apprentice of COUNT DOOKU before meeting Sidious, whom is far more respected. She also attempted to kill Palpatine.

That doesn't reflect badly on her character.

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    According to Obsession, everyone in the Order knew that Anakin was vacationing with Amidala. Anakin's position as a warrior (and his reputation as a man whom honestly didn't care less about censure from the Council) made it so they pretty much didn't feel like bothering about it anymore. At this point, Anakin already is treated as a man who'll do his own thing and they really have more important things to talk about than whether Anakin is having recreational sex. Given he's killed several Dark Jedi at this point and some of the Confederacy's generals, its a poor idea to trouble him. Frankly, after he's a Jedi Knight there's no real thing they can say to him. Ranik Solusar and other Jedi Knights have married despite the considerable disgrace that it brought on them.

As for Obi Wan, he pretty much guessed by AOTC that Anakin's feelings for Amidala were deep. Hell, he knew he wanted her deeply before the movie was over. According to the Republic comics, Anakin had a string of crushes on older women....possibly due to losing his mother.

5. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    What exactly are your personal opinions on Allana?

Also, how did Canderous manage to retrieve Mandalore's helmet?

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    1. She might be interesting when she grows up. I dislike the Hapes Cluster as a cesspool of intrigue and entitlement. Seeing her away from it and ending association with the throne would be a better story than her growing up to take over another round of living amongst a Hellish nobility.

2. I imagine it's a very exciting story. By that time, he was the greatest warrior of the Mandalorians though and only surpassed by Revan.

7. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    Why didn't Jaina receive any punishment (aside from her "reconditioning) for her(large) role in the Killik mess, while others got sent to Dagobah?

Forgive me if I'm completely wrong on any of the preceding statements.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The others weren't punished for being brainwashed by the Killiks but for their attempt to accuse Jacen Solo of evil deeds. Jaina Solo and Zekk were viewed as victims in the affair in much the same manner as Raynar Thull was. There was no punishment because Luke viewed her as mind controlled.

9. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Where did Alex Winger pick up the robo-fingers?

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    While it's not directly stated, the likelihood is after the forseen capture of her after the retaking of Coruscant.

Alex Winger foresaw herself captured by the Empire during that time.

She was most likely tortured.

11. JediAlexW

JediAlexW Short Story Author: Adventure Journal, TFTNR VIP

Mar 12, 2004
    Alex gets captured as she foresaw, but the robo-fingers aren't a result of her being tortured.

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I stand corrected.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Well that was weird...

Unintentional post [face_blush]

14. RicOlieJr

RicOlieJr Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    1. What do we know about Naboo's political system? Despite being called "queen," isn't Amidala elected? Why is this planet willing to vote for a teenage girl to rule them? Does she have royal blood or is the title "queen" just ceremonial? Does Senator Palpatine report to her, or vice versa? Can't we somewhat blame the whole Galactic Empire on the voters of Naboo, since they elected Palpatine and a teenage queen who couldn't see though his plans?

2. Ric Olie. What makes him tick?

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay that's actually numerous questions, so I'll handle them in sequence.

1. Secrets of Naboo and other sources confirm that Naboo is a Republic.

2. Naboo allows testing in order to determine if a person is fit for government office, somewhat like ancient China. Amidala and other younger individuals were selected because they were child prodigies that passed the exam system while simultaneously fitting the bill of the Naboo tendency to worship youth.

One guesses the Naboo prefer their government to be mostly rubber stamping while looking pretty.

3. Ceremonial. She's a child of some local artisans.

4. Palpatine is Sectorial Senator. He was elected by the Naboo but also 35 other worlds.

5. Only so much as the rest of the Senate let him run wild.

6. Ric Olie is a meat and potatoes Naboo pilot whom got out of a illegal racing charge by joining their crappy military service. He's loyal to his planet but not exactly a hard nosed military type. Ric ended up worse off than Wedge Antilles when he was upstaged by a 9 year old but otherwise went on to become a war hero to the Naboo.

16. RicOlieJr

RicOlieJr Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    Thanks for the input Charlemagne. What is the "Secrets of Naboo" source you referred to? I would like to see that.

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/4/48/SecretsofNaboo.jpg]

Sadly, it's largely an adventure than a sourcebook.

In the end, the majority of Naboo governing was handled either by their Sector Senator or the Governor of Theed (the only major city on the planet). Thus the role of Naboo's Queen is largely ceremonial in nature. It's only after Amidala that we see the role is only to adult and experienced women.

18. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    You're forgetting King Veruna, who was neither young nor pretty.

I always viewed Naboo as a democracy, where they just kept the old titles for the new functions (king = president). Also the Head of State (king) might not be identical to the head of government (like in the United Kingdom). One of the differences being, that the monarch is elected from a small pool of candidates (as an element of aristocracy) instead by the entire electorate.

19. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Got a couple questions, but I cant find anything when I do a search, so here goes:

1. Just got done reading Outbound Flight, and for the life of me I dont get why everyone refers to Anakin as "Master Skywalker". Why not "Padawan Skywalker" or even "Jedi Skywalker"? Why Master? I feel Ive missed something...

2. Mist Encounter (in OB paperback). Just started it, but how does Parck have TIE fighters a week after news reaches the Outer Rim that Palpatine is now Emperor? And is Star Destroyer and Republic Cruiser considered the same thing at this point? It would have to be if Parck is chasing Booster in a Star Destroyer. Of course, I guess this could all be explained if the Outer Rim was getting all the latest and greatest equipment before the Core...but only weeks after creation of the Empire?

20. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    "...You served my father in the Clone Wars..." I was thinking about this quote from Leia in ANH and wondering, Was there ever a mission during the Clone Wars where Obi-wan served Bail Organa in some way or served Alderaan(?)or its sector in some way?

bran

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Which is probably why they went for Amidala the next time.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In the end, it boils down to the Naboo wanting to keep the pageantry of a monarchy while being identical to a normal Republic. People think a bit too hard on this.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    1. It's a term of respect in the galaxy at this time. Sort of like "Sir" or "Mister"

2. Admiral Parck has T.I.E. Fighters, the prototypes for the Tie Fighter lines. By ANH, the Empire is using TIE/In fighters (Note, not Tie Interceptors) which are considerably more advanced as a model.

3. Parck is flying a Victory Star Destroyer, it's decidedly not a Republic Cruiser. Parck is a veteran of the Clone Wars presumably and he's probably chasing Booster inbetween chasing down Seperatist strongholds or general patrolling of the space ways.

It takes 20 years for the Empire to have crap patrolling the Outer Rim and even then Grand Moff Tarkin made sure that he had the best stuff.

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    At present, no. However, Bail Organa was on several important Clone Wars committees. Leia is speaking figuratively in the fact that, as a Jedi, Obi Wan Kenobi was once a servant of the Republic Senate that Bail Organa (and the Alliance as a whole) claims to represent. It's an appeal to his patriotism that really isn't necessary.

25. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >And is Star Destroyer and Republic Cruiser considered the same thing at this point?<

It's worth noting that the Star Destroyers were named as such before the Clone Wars ended.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.