main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lightsaber of Truth thread" Ask Charlemagne19 for an explanation of any EU question!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I believe there was a Marvel comic depicting this...but I can't remember now.

Question; When did the Battle of Basilisk (Old Sith Wars) take place? 4000 BBY or 3997 BBY or 3996 BBY?

As the TOTJ issue where the Jedi try to recapture Ulic, before he meets Exar Kun, mentions the battle...and I'm vaguely confused as to the dating with the era...I believe the Kun War was supposed to last years, and moved to a year, as of the NEC?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    1. Alas its only a myth that there was any EU source that had Bail Organa commanding General Kenobi directly.

2. The original Sith War in DE had Ulic Qel Droma retreat to Krath Space for some years before emerging with his forces of darkness. You're right that its been retconned to take place within a single year of time. However, the comics don't depict the entirety of the war which is said to be tremendously devastating.

3. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    hey Charles if you were a jedi what color would your saber be?
    can go either movie colors only or one of the EU colors

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hey! This one has already been asked so many times, but I just want to hear what you have to say on it. Since it has been pretty much accepted by everyone now that the Sith are back, and never really died when Anakin first killed Palpatine, what exactly is Balance of the Force and how did Anakin fullfill it on the 2nd Death Star?

My own idea I've been thinking about is that balance was brought to the Force not by Palpatine's or the Sith's temporary half-death (since Palpatine's soul and Lumiya were still around), but that the Chosen One (conceived by the midichlorians) chose light over dark. So Anakin's choice in life would be the Force's choice, and since he chose good in the end that means the will of the Force made up its mind and chose good, and that the good side will eventually triumph in the end. The will of the Force created Anakin to be its own incarnation, beooming a single lifeform itself, and whatever Anakin chose in his life (good or evil) would be which side the Force will side with (and so which side would eventually win over the Force and all life), and end the self-conflict in the Force. So even if Anakin's self-sacrifice didn't destroy the Sith immediately, it did end up sealing the fate of the Sith and the Dark Side in the long run, the galaxy just has to have a lot of patience! But that's just my idea.

So what do you think Balance of the Force is, and how did Anakin fullfill it in the end as the Chosen One?

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The lightsaber of truth is red.

;-)

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Palpatine was officially retconned in the wake of the Star Wars Prequels to have died at Endor. All the talk about how Palpatine had died before Endor is stated to have been lies. Instead, according to Lucasfilm, Palpatine was resurrected from the dead with Sith black magic. Your theory is somewhat similiar to Jon Ostrander and Jan Durasama's theory though that Darth Vader's redemption broke the power of the Dark Side.

Still, according to current continuity, the Order of Darth Bane was utterly destroyed and the Sith were eradicated.....from a certain point of view.

7. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    WHat do you think happened to Ken (jedi Prince....?

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    My personal theory is that Luke continued his guardianship over Ken for the next four years of his life. Ken attending various Rebellion schools (probably under an assumed name). Since Luke Skywalker is a Jedi Master by Dark Empire, its possible that Ken was the student that Luke completed the training of for his ascension.

It's also possible Ken forsook the Force and is living a perfectly normal life somewhere.

9. Wrinty

Apr 8, 2007

Yeah I geuss your right..having a 3-eyed mutant for a father whe dreamt death machines for the Empire...and your grandfather being a cruel Sith Emperor to the Galaxy is enough for anyone to forsake the force.

And another question: Lumiyha implied that there are other Sith in Legacy Of The Force....do you think she trained them herself or are they remnants of the True Sith (who were possibly defeated by Revan and Exile) who she just became good buddies with.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    1. Ken certainly was no doubt attending school during the majority of Luke Skywalker's adventures since he seems to have no desire to have a sidekick and was even attempting to keep him in school during the Glove of the Jedi books. If he attends college before he decides on becoming a Jedi or not, that could well take him past the Bantam era.

2. This is most likely a reference to Darth Krayt who is unlikely to be connected to Lumiya. The "True Sith" are wiped out save for Darth Bane's lineage. Lumiya also wiped out the remnants of Darth Millenial's offshoot in the Secret Order of the Emperor. However, the spirits on Korriban and Sith lore exist for any Dark Siders who wish to become true Sith.

11. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    So Endor was the first time Palpatine had died and that was the first time he had transfered himself to a clone body?

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The short version. Yes.

The Long version?

They've further added Sate Pestage, Jeng Droga, and the Sith Lords of Korriban as being necessary for Palp's ressurection. Apparently, the Sith Lords guided Palpatine's soul out of Hell/The Dark Side to Jeng's willing vessel and Jeng went nuts for a year until Sate found him on an island in the middle of nowhere before leading him back to Byss to remove Palp's soul with alchemy.

It's needlessly convoluted but it explains why Palpatine is a little out of sorts along with the Clone Madness. Dude just spent some time in Hell (how long is questionable) then sharing his brain with his Wayland Smithers type worshipful lackey.

On the other hand, it explains why Sate Pestage left a clone to rule the Empire. He was more interested in retrieving Palpatine's soul.

13. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    i just looked on sw wiki for Darth Millenial and the search came up no matches! can you please post some info bout him for the ignorant

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  15. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
  16. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Is there a SW equivallent of cigarettes? I'm witing a fan fic with a detective and by definition he has to be a chain smoker.

BTW, I'm not actually advocating smoking.

Is there any close equivalent?

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    cigarras are the equivalent of cigarettes (with talpac relacing tobacco), its also a note that Star Wars usually runs with the "Place then Earth descriptors."

I.e. you'd get away with Rodian Cigarettes.

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    but he's human, not Rodian. And cigarras sound a bit dumb.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Then Corellian cigarettes.

I imagine most planets have their own versions

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    He's on Coruscant, but it doesn't matter.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Given Coruscant is the Star Wars New York, I imagine that they don't produce much in the way of their own cigarettes but import them.

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'll just say that he smokes and not worry about the brand. Thanks for the help.

23. Melda

Melda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    I thought cigarra were the equivalent of cigars . . .

With death sticks being the cigarettes.

Could be wrong. :p

24. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Death Sticks are actually more like drugs rather than smoking, since they could be taken in a variety of ways and had similar effects on people.

More on them here

Here's the page on Cigarra if you wanna look at it too.

25. Wrinty

Apr 8, 2007
    I have another question....when the old jedi were wiped out during the end of the clone wars.....almost all ther knowlede of the lightsaber combat die with them mostly......and reading up on wookiepedia....it implies the New Jedi Order use a simple combat stance's such as fast, medium and strong.....in other words which group of jedi were stronger?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.