main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lightsaber of Truth thread" Ask Charlemagne19 for an explanation of any EU question!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Anakin are the No. 3 Jedi in the order though. Outside of Mace and Yoda there isn't anyone who comes close really. And the temple wasn't exactly brimming with Jedi Knights and Masters when Anakin stormed it. It was mainly learners.

In Episode 3, Anakin was much more experienced and powerful than he was in Episode 2. Dooku wasn't allowed to fight properly for his life either. He'd been deliberately told to hold back, and was just unfortunate in that he trusted Sidious almost to the end. Had Dooku been given orders to kill Anakin, I imagine we wouldn't have seen anywhere near the level of "ownage" that we did.

He hadn't "fully" accepted it (sure, he said he had, but his tears say otherwise). He'd gone past the typical point of no return and let it fully into himself on a number of occasions, but since he didn't have blazing yellow eyes whilst he fought Obi-Wan, he wasn't fully in sync with its energies. As Sidious said, "Anakin was between worlds then and vulnerable".

Anakin more often than not... but it could still go either way. Obi-Wan knows Anakin like no other.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The legion of clonetroopers helped a little, too...

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    On a simple basis, Obi Wan Kenobi had pretty much taught Anakin Skywalker nearly every trick that he knew. Anakin hadn't learned anything from Palpatine by this point and had studied under no other master extensively. All he had was his independent study of Form V. On the other hand, Anakin Skywalker was also more powerful than Obi Wan Kenobi (though not by much---Obi Wan revealed himself to be one of the most powerful of the Jedi in the Order once he allowed himself some self-confidence). Had Obi Wan stuck with Soresu and Anakin with Form V than reverting back to their old training style then I suspect that eventually Anakin's emotional wrath would have overcome Obi Wan.

Anakin hadn't yet become very used to concentrating the power of the Dark Side sadly.

4. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yup

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    While I'm loathe to do it, the Revenge of the Sith video game is my treatment of Anakin Skywalker's experience during the Temple Raid. Basically, Anakin Skywalker ran point for the Temple Raid. He eliminated some forty seven individual Jedi Knights and Masters (my count of them) during the Temple raid starting with Jocasta Nu (Shaak-Ti's death has been retconned out it seems). This eliminated a tremendous amount of resistance during the Temple as the Clone Troopers primarily eliminated the lesser Jedi Knights and those attempting to flee rather than engaging Anakin.

6. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    He's right. Though Epi.3 showed them entering the temple together, on the holovids that Obi Wan played back with Yoda, Anakin was dueling Cin Drallig and two Padawans by himself and there were Stormtroopers outside of the building. Shown when the young padawan tried to escape but was outnumbered and shot down.

Beast

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah, but they helped.

8. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    That's called game mechanics. It's the same reason your wingmen in Rogue Squadron didn't do anything either.

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Just making a point.

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    When was the Chosen One prophesy made? Wookieepedia implies that it was made at the time of the Jedi's formation, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

I've always preferred the idea that it was a prophesy made shortly after the advent of Ruin's Sith to be honest... maybe even after the battle of Ruusan...

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Power of the Jedi implies it was at the start of the Jedi Order.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Gah. Not the answer I wanted, but thanks [face_peace]

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Tens of thousands of years ago and more . . . and no one claimed that title in all that millennia?

14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    As Count Dooku proves, I imagine many people claimed the title.

It's sort of like Jesus and the Messiah though.

It's not something YOU claim but its something people FOIST ON YOU.

The Jedi also probably KNOW who the Chosen One is when the event happens. Let's face it, they KNEW when the Force was unbalanced by Sidious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.