main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Lightsaber props, etc.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ucahg, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucahg

ucahg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Hi! Would anybody in the London area have lightsaber props (with some sort of blade; wood, pvc, etc.) that they would be willing to lend to me for a short time or sell to me? I live in Sarnia, not London, but I would most likely be able to pick the prop(s) up or work out some way of getting it. I'm making a fanfilm that I am also using for my Gr.11 English ISU (final project), and I want to begin filming soon. I was planning on making my own prop, but I want to start filming thanksgiving weekend (as one of the actors who is also the owner of the digital camera lives in Kitchener, so it's only worth him coming down if he can stay for more than just two days. So I don't believe I'll be able to build one in time. I need at least 2 sabers (3 preferably), but I appreciate any assistance you give in this matter. I could also use blaster props or comlinks, or anything else like that, but they are not necessary to the story at all, and I can get by without them. You would be credited in the movie however you like, and you would be my here :) Please, if you can help in this matter, reply as soon as you can, and maybe we can work something out. Thanks a million, :cool:

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hi, welcome to our humble board :)

I have A lightsaber, but as for parting with it....no, sorry.

Have you thought of converting a Rubies saber or quickly making one from the BYB?

You can make one by walking in your local plumbing store/section, and using various parts. This adds to customizationd and your very own saber for around 20 bucks! :)

Rubies look nice. Niagara CR, Woofer made some awesome alterations to a few of them.

Good luck!

Justin

3. ucahg

Sep 10, 2002
    I was planning a BYB one, but I would need to work very fast to finish it it time. And since I am going to do the construction at my school most likely during lunch (as it has all the tools), then my time is even more limited. Also I can't seem to find a store that has PVC pipe that fits snugly around the 12" tailpiece. What store did you go to (if you used one)?

About your saber.. would you be willing to just lend it to me? I know that sounds really naive that you should trust a guy you've never met except once on the Internet, and I would understand perfectly if you dont want to. However I can assure you I would take the utmost care of it, if I were to borrow it. My brother goes to King's college, so he would be able to return it to you, even if I just borrowed it for a couple weekends, and returned it to you on the Monday (or Tuesday, if Monday is a holiday).

Also, what did you mean by converting a Rubies saber? Is it some sort of toy (that's my best guess from the context)?

Thanks for any help you can give!

[EDIT] Ooh yeah, and I would give you credit in the movie definitely if you were to share. I don't think this would be incentive alone, but you never know :) Heck, I would credit the entire London Fanforce and add a URL or whatever, if you so desire.

4. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I have a hilt and broomstick blade you might be able to borrow.

Really lousy pic done on my scaner.

And, yeah, Rubies sabres are toys, but I don't know which stores have them.

Good luck on your film!

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Sorry, I have to say no. Its machined anyway, and I don't know much about hardware sabers...

Rubies are really easy to convert and look good, having Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul, Mace, Anakin, Vader, and Dooku :)

Good Luck though!

6. ucahg

Sep 10, 2002
    Phi: I think I'm going to first try to make one from Big Yellow Box (as I've decided to start filming 2 weeks later, which should give me some time). Thanks for the offer, and maybe I'll contact you if all else fails, but I want to try and make one on my own first.

Primrodo: I understand, thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.