main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber PVC Tutorial

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by elemental_fantasy, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    Finally... PVC saber hilt tutorial...

PART #1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV26AS3nrAY&feature=channel_page

PART #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJA7aQnc5u4&feature=channel_page

2. liambauckham

liambauckham Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    PVC jedi outfit came to mind for some reason

3. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Great job. Well worth the wait :)

4. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    The fun part is, that of all the 3 sabers you made for me, this one is the one that the underdog gets to use, since it's too damn chunky and sharp. I like the design, but the end product is not at all comfortable to use. I use one of the other 2 models you made :p

Still, great tutorial, really put a lot of insight into how you made this, and how much time it actually took.

5. Thath0r

Thath0r Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2007
    Great Tutorial! Really. :D

It's a pity it wasnt out a year before when I was first building a saber hilt^^

Still, great job! Keep the goddamn good work up. I'm really looking forward to see some more video tutorials of yours!

/Thath0r

6. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Awesome tutorial. What was the reason again for not using a hair dryer? I'm doing 1 possibly two LCC entrys (one is halfway filmed, but my dueling partner is kinda hard to work with, and the other entry is with someone else I know will work), and I would like to make sabres for the entry I havent started filming yet. I already have blades(some metal, not really sure what its called), and yea. What is the best way to get metal pipes to stay in the hilt. They are thin enough, but would I probably drill holes through the hilt and blade?

7. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    MAke sure there's space between the blade and hilt though. It the stability of the blade is secured by the hilt, the hilt will break a lot faster. Ensure it won't wobble by using more than one screw.

8. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    A hair dryer wont get the PVC hot enough, and if it does, it will take forever.

With the blade insertion... as Vidina said, make sure it is snug inside the hilt and not too loose. You'll want a screw somewhere close to each end of the hilt for better blade stability.(2 screws) Yes, you would drill a hole in the blade while it's in the hilt. But you should drill the hilt holes, then put the blade in and drill.) Sorry that part wasn't covered so good, but glad you guys liked the VT. :)

9. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Just wrap strips gaffers tape around the blade until it's thick enough to just barely slide into the PVC hilt and that will take up the space and make it snug. It also acts as a small cusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.