main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LightSaber question !

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by YodaRulerOfTheClones, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Azeem,
    whadda' ya they don't use lightsabres? Hope you don't think I'm being rude, I'm not but the phrase DID confuse me.

How do I send a link? which ones are "Kosher"?
    Thanks for the help.

Mynn

2. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi Jaina,
    NP if it's alte.:)
    Ok so they come w/ an orange cap thingy,(pop da' ting off.) is there a way to make something that can fit in there permenatly? Will these clear caps come off while dueling? be awefully embarrassing to have a cap go flying :)
    When I dueled w/ tree sawed off tree branches.(No swords.) my neighbor and i dueled full boar. We had broken tree branches from our fights scattered all over the yard. :) No bruises on us b/c BOTH of knew how to pull back and NOT hit the other one. So don't worry, I won't hurt of ya'. :)

:The Force is strong w/ this one.:

3. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Mynn...
    I believe what Azeem was saying is that Parks doesn't call their sabers by the name "lightsabers"...which would get them into legal trouble...

--Kai

4. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    No, the clear cap doesn't cost extra, and my saber hasn't come in yet (I found out about the clear cap because the red one bothered me too and I asked about it when I ordered my Echelon). I would think the clear ones are made the same way the red ones are made, and since the red one is basically a "this is the end of a long stick, do not put your eye where it's going" type of precautionary liability thing, I would think it's made to really stay on. Although I personally wouldn't go around beating trees with something that expensive (I live in Texas so with tax my saber came to $300+).

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Warning, I have 2 parksabers, which are excellent by the way, and the red caps do come off if you are dueling hard with them. I've actually lost one of them and replaced it with the clear one on both so they match. I'm looking for some way to secure them down so they don't go anywhere.

6. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Do the clear caps come w/ it already OR you have to ask them for them?
    Mynn

7. twinpeaks_1138

twinpeaks_1138 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Jairen:

glue. a dab of clear glue from a hot glue gun will be invisible and secure. maybe even a dab of superglue.

8. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    GOod ideas guys.

Hitting trees with a saber. ROTFLMHO!!! Humm if it were real, be a great way to get some wood.<G> JK But it'sz not. What part texas are ya from?
    Mynn

9. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Mynn: I'm from Houston. Space City itself. Whoo-hoo!

And yes...glue is the obvious solution, Jairen, I bet you're kicking yourself for not thinking about that, huh?

10. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Parksabers come with *both* the red cap and the clear cap.

11. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks JediG60,

Helps a lot.
    Jaina, thats cool. Speaking of Houston,and space fligt, this wekend I'm heading to cape canvery (John F. kenndy space center) to check the stuff out. There MIGHT be a minor lanch for satelite or science modual to stude comets. It could get scrubbed b/c of weather.
    But that's ok, I wasn't to hip on seeing a rocket go up at 0300 on the morning anyway. :D
    This is going to be SO fun. See ya'
    Padawan Mynn
    b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.