Lightsaber styles and duels - Any thoughts new or old?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia, PA' started by JediKnightJeth, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightJeth Jedi Youngling

I am only going type this once. My grammar sucks. Here goes. I would like to know why in Empire Strikes Back, why the techniques being used are precise and some skill. Then the next time we see Luke his technique is sloppy and slow, mostly before the end fight. Although the duel between Luke and Anakin/Vader is better, what happened? I am asking from a story stand point as well as a choregeographer. I think that the swordplay is very good in Episode III. With the exception of Mace vs. Palpatine. They built Master Windu up and then give us close ups and Kick to the face. Nothing to show how good Mace is. Again I am asking from a story stand point and stunt coordination. I thought that Master Windu's style was going to be more Kenjujitsu, power and efficent, 90% of the way and 10% of whatever Nick Gillard wants dance with. I also want to rant about the end duel in AOTC. That scene was bad, the techniques that were used were very good. What kills that scene is how Count Dooku goes through both Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin was easier to digest cause he is a padawan and aggressive, but Obi-Wan should have much more of a challenge. Yoda brings the duel back to where it should have been. Also the way Dooku takes Anakin's arm, I mean Anakin just sticks it out there to be lopped off. Instead the move preceeding Anakin loose his arm should have been more of a madador leading the bull and as Anakin passes Dooku slices Anakin and force pulls onto Obi-wan. Or at least something like that.
  2. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think my head just exploded.
  3. Reaper63 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, and there goes my head exploding
  4. Padawan915 Jedi Master

star 6
    Right......

I think my head just went pop as well.
  5. Donlon Jedi Youngling

Could it be beacause when Luke fights Vader the 2nd time he now knows he is fighting his father instead of the man that he though killed his father ? And maybe he was also blindind by hate when Vader finds out that Leia is his sister.. Im not really sure.
  6. RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master

star 4
    Ever try to do something that requires a great measure of skill when someone just talked about your sister in an unthoughtful matter?

Try it.
  7. Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Could it be because Geroge Lucas in his infinate wisdom,(All hail the mighty one) scripted it that way ?

Don't you just love British sarcasm !
  8. rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master

star 4
    i thinks its because he isnt used to using his anger and having to face both the emperor and vader while protecting friends its just phsying (dont know to spell) him out!
    also if you look in the official magazine there was a article about lightsaber styles about 20 issues ago and also if you read the episode 3 book it talks about them in the lightsaber scenes!
  9. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    God, I hate jedi. More pilots and less bathrobes please. :p
  10. Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master

star 5
    Pfft, less seat shiners and more Imperials would be better :p
  11. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Got armour yet or still fantasizing? :p
  12. Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master

star 5
    I've had my armour for ages it's upstairs waiting to me, I go and fondle it every now and again :p
  13. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    :eek:

Is that what you call it? Armour? :p

[face_laugh]
  14. Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master

star 5
    :eek:

Only TOS prevent me from replying to that [face_laugh] :p
  15. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    [face_laugh]

I'll patiently wait for the PM on the private boards. :p
  16. Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master

star 5
    As if I would do such a thing O:) [face_mischief]
  17. Reaper63 Jedi Master

star 4
    Fighter pilots win wars....Just ask Tarkin.

Oh wait, you can't, a Fighter pilot killed him ;)

Armnor just attracks Ewoks, and we all know what happens to Imperial Troops when Ewoks attack.
  18. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
  19. Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master

star 5
    Yeah but that's because they're too busy getting laid by lusty ladies with a passion for bad boys in armour than actually training :p

You guys stick to playing with your joysticks and bullseyeing WhampRats [face_mischief]

:p
  20. rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah but pilots get more just because of the fact that imperials have to take all their armour off - a problem we pilots dont have
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.