main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Styles - Seven? A Quick Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by YourSurrogateGod, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YourSurrogateGod

YourSurrogateGod Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    After reading about the seven lightsaber styles in Shatterpoint... I was just wondering if anyone could describe what all seven entail. Or point me to a link or thread that describes them elsewhere.

Thank you for your time.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Formally, there's six that are taught. There's a little bit about it in the AOTC Vis Dictionary, but it doesn't name them. The seventh is Vaapad, something that Mace Windu made up. It allows for a lot of power, but also brings the user close to the darkside. There has been only one person to master it besides Mace, and that's his apprentice.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Your best source would be from SW-Insider Magazine. Here's a quickie breakdown:

Form I: Basic lightsaber combat, based on ancient solid weapon techniqes. Form I is taught to all Padawans as children.

Form II: An archaic style, based on 'saber vs. 'saber combat. Fallen into disuse. Count Dooku is a Form II master.

Form III: A defensive style. Obi-Wan Kenobi begins learning Form III after Qui-Gon's death, and has mastered it by the time he faces Vader on the Death Star.

Form IV: A stunning, acrobatic style with Force-assisted leaps & flips. Obi-Wan (as a {Padawan) and Qui-Gon were practitioners, and Yoda was a master of the Form.

Form V: Powerful, aggressive style. Also good for reflecting blaster bolts at the attacker. The philosophy was "peace through superior firepower." Practitioners were Anakin Skywalker & Luke Skywalker, and Vader was a Form V master. As an aside, Luke displayed the amazing ability to learn Form V instinctively while it was being used against him.

Form VI: The "diplomat's form." Very little technique, which allowed a Form VI practitioner to focus on social skills of diplomacy & observation. All Form VI practitioners who fought at Geonosis died.

Form VII aka Vaapad is still under development. Form VII practitioners were Mace Windu, Depa Bilaba, Sora Bulq, and (according to the article) Darth Maul.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Which issue was that?

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    62 or 63, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.