main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsaber tradition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by David3631, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David3631

David3631 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    I swear that some time ago I read in the Databank about how Master Windu had engaged in a Jedi tradition involving him giving his lightsaber to another Jedi (or perhaps vice-versa) as a sign of great reverence and trust in a fellow Jedi. I believe it was given back after a certain period of time, but all my details on this matter are hazy to say the least. I have recently searched the pages of all the Jedi I could in the Databank and can find no sign of this tradition. Can anyone shed any light on the matter? I would greatly appeciate it. This has been bugging me for a while now.

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    "Master Eeth Koth, I have something to return to you. It is a product of your own hands, which you once entrusted to mine. In returning this lightsaber, I return your trust." ? Mace Windu (Republic Comics)

The Jedi tradition of entrusting one's lightsaber to a fellow member of the Order is called the "Concordance of Fealty". This exchange represents a bond between companions of the Force and imparts a sense of support in battle. A Jedi is graced by such a gesture from a respected friend.

Hope that helps. :)

~Vassago

3. David3631

David3631 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Thank you very much! That's exactly what I was talking about. May the Force be with us all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.