main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lightsaber Training Class Every Wednesday

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by zhi-don_aquintas, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

class is starting again this wednesday, november 5th at 630pm at the park between beach blvd and western ave on orange ave. the class will last until 830pm. we will be doing a demo using our EL blades at this class [first time!]. come and watch!

2. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Demo with EL blades? :D

I'm there, Don!

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I likely won't be there. I'm gonna have to get up early enough that morning just to make Matrix Revolutions at 6am. I don't think I'll be in the mood to lightsaber duel.

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Wish I was going with ya, Barry... Sounds cool! :D

Hope you make it next week.

This post makes for 7,777 messages for the OC! (Love Seven... and Aayla two! :) )

5. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    we will not be able to come to the meet tonight, we will be running errands.

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    update from wed nov 5th's class:

in attendance:

Master Smudge [Erik]
    Master Zhi-don [Don]
    Padawan Kaui-Gone-Jim [Jim]

the lights for our training area [old basketball courts] were still not on. Jim is checking into this.

pratice with shinai swords - both Erik and I were a littly rusty after not being able to practice for a week.

practice with dummy EL blades - good after the above practice.

practice with real EL blades - canceled after Erik's saber blew a connection somewhere during above practice.

the rebuild on Shawn's old parks defiance saber went well. led switch removed and positive on/off switch added. piece for hole left by switch made from a section of sink pipe. looks really good. final rebuild on my personal saber to begin shortly.

see you at next practice.

Zhi-don

7. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Don and Erik,

Thanks again for another inspiring lesson...

---------------------------------------------
    Park Lights - Update:
    I called the Anaheim Parks Maintenance Dept. once again on Monday -- lady named Gail said
    that the lights were turned off due to no basketball play there. Told her that area still being used for other activities than b-ball, and she said she would again pass that on, but her tone implied that it don't look good for lights to be turned on. Guessing it would take dozens of people complaining to get them back on again.

Metal Lathe - Update:
    Though it isn't for sale, my uncle can supervise the use of it on occasional Saturday mornings, when he is there at the garage.

All for now,
    Jim

8. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    ^Up - (Don & Erik, see updates)^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.