main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lightsaber Training Class - Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zhi-don, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Greetings;

My name is Zhi-don Aquintas, Headmaster and Co-founder of this class. The other founder is the man who trained me, Smudge [go ahead and ask him how he got his name] Take a bow, Smudge!

The is to inform those not in the know about the Lightsaber Training Class.

This class meets Wednesdays at 630pm at Twila Reid Park. See OC Lightsaber class locations for more details.

The second class meets on Sundays at Willow Park in Anaheim. This park is located at the corner of Crone and Loara streets. We meet on the Crone street side about midway down where there is a shaded clear area. PM me if you plan to attend this class, or need more information.

The purpose of the Wednesday class is to learn to use EL lightsabers in a safe and correct manner. This class includes pratice sessions if requested, circle battles, line battles, free for all battles and other fun games. We use the shinai school of training for this. Shinai's are bamboo training swords used for centuries in lieu of katanas, for safety reasons. Some of us cannot afford El lightsabers or are saving for them or do not want to use them for practice. That is why we use shinai's. Those attending class are required to have gloves to protect thier hands. We DO NOT use armor. This means we must be especially careful to avoid injuries. You must wear closed toed shoes to particiate in this class. We recommend that you wear loose clothing that covers your arms and legs. You may at your option use safety glasses as well. This is only an option because the first thing we do is to train you not to hit someone in the head and how to block accidental hits in that area. Although we do train to pull our hits as to not hurt anyone, you will get bruised during this class. This is unavoidable because as stated above we do not use armor. We warn you about this in advance to avoid any misunderstandings. That being said this is a fun and social class. All of us do this because we want to have a good time. We do have rules in place and they WILL be inforced by the Instructors and Marshals. A Marshall is like a referee and his job is to stop combat and make decisions on hits and in case of any other problems. We also do coregraphy at these classes although not at every class. Coregraphy is for those who have EL Lightsabers and want to participate in staged combat battles at Charity and other events. We also offer training in more unusual types of weaponry such as pole arms, warhammers, maces and others [dont be surprised at the names given to these weapons] This training is sponsored by our Co-founder Smudge and other instructers.

Sundays class is more informal and is mostly to hone the skills of those who are already trained and to offer training to those who need it. I am usually the only instuctor on hand, so this is more a one on one class than Wenesdays. These classes are open to anyone who wants to attend. However if you want to participate in charity work or events, you do need to join our club.

If you have any other questions, please PM me or Smudge.

May the FORCE be with you,

Zhi-don

*Rachel edit: Locked by request*

2. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
  3. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    To all participants in the class, please note that rain is forecast for this wednesday. If it does rain we may need to cancel the class this week. If that is the case I or Don will post here.
    If it is raining steadily much past 3 or so it will probably be too wet to fight but we will see.

4. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    I may not be there tonight even if it does not rain, or very late, as I have relitaivties in from out of town that I am going out to dinner with.

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    What are "relitaivties" ? [face_thinking] That word isn't in my dictionary. :p [face_alien_1]

It looks kinda close to "relatives", but I'm not sure. It sounds more like an action word, to me.

Thus concludes my smart alec-ness for the moment.

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
  7. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    As of now, the class tonight is still on. We will have to watch the weather closely and be prepared to get the weapons into shelter very quickly if it does start raining in earnest.

If anything changes I'll post here.

8. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I had fun even though it was sprinkling. I missed Renae though.

9. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing but my lungs just wouldn't let me ;_;

10. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I know you left because I showed up. I cried the rest of the night but I am almost over it.

11. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i should be there next week and maybe with a new toy!

12. dini

Aug 25, 2005
    Damn you found me out, I'll have to find a better excuse next time. :p

13. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I'm sorry you left but it gave me a fighting chance to not have to face you.

14. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    For those that care:
    I have my schedule for term 4 of my nursing training. It includes evening clinical (Hospital) rotations on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:45-11:15 PM all the way out in Laguna Beach.
    Needless to say this means I will be missing a great deal of wednesday classes in the coming months. As it sits now, I will only be at class on the 23rd of November, the 28th of December and back to normal by the 25th of January (hopefully).

Zhi-Don, Phil and Aaron will still be around as normal. Take care all, I shall miss you and when I return.........try not to laugh too hard at how rusty I am!

15. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    We're still getting together to "party" on Saturday nights when your parents are out right?

16. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    of course baby

17. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    i cant make it wed ive got old lady detail

18. dini

Aug 25, 2005
    I won't be able to make it tonight, I'm way to tired to fight and the last thing I need is to start hitting people in the head... again. I won't be there next wednesday either as I will be driving up to central cali for Thanksgiving. So I'll see you all again after turkey weekend.

19. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Greetings:

Sorry I wasnt able to make it last night due to circumstances beyond my control. [My car is in the shop and I had to run around and get brake parts for it last night. All my gear is in it as well]

I will NOT be in class next Wednesday due to my 13th Anniversary and being out of town for Thanksgiving. Smudge will be back for this class. Try not to hurt him too badly.

There WILL be a Sunday class this week, but not the following week due to the above.

See you all later and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

20. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Don't worry Dini, there was plenty of people there to hit people in the head. I got hit in the mouth. Those who know my mouths situation know I wasn't too happy about that and had to give everyone a talk about being wild and too much power. I will not be there either next wednesday because we are going to see Lisa's parents for Thanksgiving.

21. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    wooooooooo hoooooooooooooo got a new toy in the mail today thanks Nick!!!!!

22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    will this new toy be making an appearance at FIDM?

23. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    nope my pants are still ummmmm crotchless so to speak so i havent fixed em yet but i can bring it in the car if you like or wanted to use it

24. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I'd like to check it out. I will be wearing my echelon unless Lori has finished my knighsaber but I don't think so.

25. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    oks ill bring it will you be there tonight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.