main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lightsaber Training Class - Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zhi-don, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    This still on tonight? because it was raining earler. just asking.

2. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Okay, I went and had fun fighting with Adam and Captain Planet on the side. I will now state why I hate the Vampires and Paladins game and will not play it. The biggest problem with it is that when players switch sides in the middle of the game, it is difficult to keep track of who is on what team and players often end up killing their teammates. I think the knowledge of who is on what team leads to less injuries and confusion. I hate the game and will not play it. I will spar off to the side with whoever else doesn't wish to play.

Any games where you switch sides in the middle of the game I don't like because I play for my team to win and do not like to seriously try to kill my teammates when I am forced to switch sides. I also do not like the capture the flag games either. My desire in joining this class was to become a good swordsman. Not to see how fast I could run or to be "assimilated" by some Star Trek guy.

Sorry if this seems angry, it is not. I am just stating my opinion. I don't want a big discussion or any drama. If that occurs then I will try to have the thread locked. If you have issue with what I said then talk to me at class. I get along with everyone in class but these are just my preferences.

3. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i know how ya feel aaron thats why i dont play chess capture the flag or that game either

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I don't think that I would enjoy those games either, if I could go on Wedsnesday nights.

5. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    ATTENTION LIGHTSABER CLASS MEMBERS:

I am considering thoughts on adding a coreography class that will run on the same night as the regular shinai class. This class will start after the warm up time which includes circle. This class is for those who have or are planning to buy EL or MR lightsabers. This class is only for those who either have or want to dress in Jedi or Sith garb. The reason for this is two-fold. One...We need more practice to look good when doing fighting demos at events. Two...some of us don't like special weapons or some of the games that the second part of the regular class entails. Please chime in and let me know who would be interested in this. If there is no interest then things will continue as before. Sunday classes will continue to be held as usual for those who are beginners or those who want more training.

//Master Zhi-don Aquintas\\
    Headmaster of the Lightsaber Training Class

6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I would like to do this. I love the line battles but just don't like some particular games. I also am bugged by some peoples desire to choose the games but they only want to be rogue or marshall and not mix it up with everyone else. I like to fight and I hope to keep doing this but I also would like to work on choreo with those who want to dress up. Maybe if the class was held on certain days instead of every wednesday. Also, it would be nice if we didn't have to play games where your team changes in the middle of a fight.

7. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    alas i wont beable to make it this week or next Le Sigh i have dreaded traffic school

8. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    I too unfortunatly will not be able to make it this Wensday and perhaps the rest of the month due to my foot surgery that I need to be at the hospital at o'dark early in the morning.

9. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    What's wrong with your foot, Matt?

10. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Good luck with the surgery Matt! I have no doubt that you'll come through it fine. Keep us posted!

11. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    I can see your point Aaron. I like doing choreo so I am in for the that. Either way I am good. I shall be there Wed Smudge are going be there?
    Matt take care of your foot and I hope all goes well too.
    Lori, when will come out and join us for some fun on Wed. Take a sick day or something.

12. PIXELPUNK10010

PIXELPUNK10010 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Hello,

Im new to these boards and to the general fandom of Star Wars. I have built a few EL sabers and would love to be involved in a class like this.

Unfortunately I am never available on a Wed nigh because of on going commitments.

Will I still be able to get a good deal out of Sunday sessions? What time are those supposed to be?

I look forward to getting more involved with the OC fan force.

13. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    It's usually only a few people who show up on Sundays, not nearly as many as Wed. nights. Some days, it's just Don and me, though lately Shandon has been coming. You can get some practice in with us, and Master Zhi-Don can teach you the basics of what we do.

We usually meet at 2pm at Willow Park, on the corner of Loara and Crone in Anaheim. It's convenient for Don and I, since we each live about 2 blocks away.
    We do not meet on the second Sunday of the month, because that's when we hold our monthly Fan Force/OCSWS meetings.

Due to the holidays, and Don having been sick before that, and the FIDM event on Dec. 4th, we haven't done a Sunday class for over a month. I'm starting to get rusty! (Maybe I shouldn't have stood out in the rain without my oil can. lol :p )

14. PIXELPUNK10010

Jan 3, 2006
    I dont have a shinai either. Do I need one, or is there one that I could borrow my first few times?

15. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    There are usually extra shinai tht you can borrow no worries. All you need is closed toe shoes and gloves.
    I'll make it an effort to get to more of the Sunday classes. As for wednesdays, I won't be back until the 25th or so.

16. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I think Don should be getting his extra one back from Shandon, now that he's bought two of his own, but I don't know if he has it yet.

I only have one of my own and don't usually let people borrow it.

17. PIXELPUNK10010

Jan 3, 2006
    Ill be there on Sunday.

One of my friends may have a sword that I can borrow.

18. TorLinWaDur

TorLinWaDur Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2005
    I wish to join.

maybe im stupid or something, but i wish to ask.

when? and where? dost it cost anything?
    only on wednesday's and sunday's afternoons?

19. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    PIXELPUNK10010 I don't know if we are meeting for class this Sunday, since it's the second Sunday of the month (like I said 2 posts above ^ [face_whistling] ) and our "Pool Party" event is also our monthly meeting. Best to PM Zhi-Don and ask him, I don't know if he's going to the meeting/Pool Party or not.

And, um, what do you mean by "sword"? I hope you don't mean a real, metal one :eek: , we only use shinais or lightsabers in the classes. :p

TorLinWaDur, did you read the beginning of this thread? At least some of your questions will be answered there, if you have more, then PM one of the instructors, like it says to do in the first post.
    ;)

20. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    ATTENTION SUNDAY LIGHTSABER CLASS MEMBERS: [Uh...I guess this means you Lori...:)]

There will be NO class this sunday due to the OCSWS monthly meeting and Pool event.

Class will resume as normal the following sunday.

I may or may not be at tonights class due to oral surgery [tooth removal] I am not supposed to do anything but rest, I may just show up to say hi.

Oh...Shandon...if you are out there, please return my spare shinai.

21. sturmgewehr

sturmgewehr Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Sorry Don, it has been missing for about 2 weeks and when I finally found it yesterday it was all busted up. JUST KIDDING! it is fine and I had already planned on bringing it on sunday. that is if we are still having class. hope to see you then.

22. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Repeat from above:

No class this sunday due to our monthly meeting/event. Class will resume the following sunday.

23. sturmgewehr

sturmgewehr Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Uh, I knew that. I was just making sure you did. Yeah.

24. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Looking forward for Weds night. See all of you there!

25. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    ATTENTION SUNDAY LIGHTSABER CLASS MEMBERS;

There will not be a class this sunday due to schedule conflicts. Also Lori tells me she would not be able to attend this sunday anyway. Class will resume next sunday. There will be no class the 29th of this month due to my being out of town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.