main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Lightsaber Workshop

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MalcolmTolemac, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    BFF, who is going to IFSWA's SW FilmFest 2003? (Aug 9) I've been invited to do a lightsaber fighting workshop and I need your help.
    If you're interested, even if you're not able to go to Id Falls, post here so we can arrange getting together. I'd rather this be a group thing than just myself.
    This would also make a good "stepping stone" to getting our own fan films done, so let me hear from you!

2. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    I need everyone who is interested in the Lightsaber Fighting Workshop to post to this thread so I kinda have an idea of when to schedule it...

I know Aug is a few months away, but it'll be here before you know it.

If we're going to have our "act" together, we have to know what we're doing... so, please post as to your avalibility (sp?).
    Keep in mind that this will be more than a one time deal, we'll need to have a few pratice sessions.

3. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm in! Just let me know when and where.

Edit: I mean for the practice sessions.

Edit2: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7438194&replies=166 Sorry about the cut-&-paste (i'm lazy today). I'm sure you know what you're doing, but there are tips in this thread that can make any lightsaber better. I don't have one, but I still enjoy reading through it.

4. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I just wondered who would be going to the midnight showing of the Hulk...Thought i would post here to see if it got anyone/s attention...as for the lightsaber workshop, Im in just let me know when and where

5. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    I'll be able to let you all know when and where after I get back from McCall next week... So, some time after the 4th...

6. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    The festival has been moved to Sept 27th, so this gives us/me more time to schedule "practices"...
    Let me get through the end of the week and I should have a good idea as to when we can schedule some time...

7. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    September is much better and I'm excited to go, as I am planning on doing so.

8. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Since I've already requested the 6th off from work and will probably get it, how many would be able to make an afternoon practice time that day at the Ezra Center? Post here or PM me...

9. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    As far as I know... count me in, old buddy!

-Idaho Vorkosigan-

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm going to do my best...

11. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Cool... I'll have a better idea of the time once we get closer...

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I wouldn't mind meeting early on Saturday before the meeting. This way not only can we have the workshop, but also do some "testing" in the kitchen for the film. What'd ya think Malcolm?

13. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    that would be good, but the workshop is the following week after our meeting... unless you'd like me to move it up (which I can 'cause I don't have a job to worry about going to at the moment). Give me a call and I'll get the word out to everyone re: something definate...

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Whatever works, no job? Not good friend.

15. theboisefanforce

theboisefanforce Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    When: Sept. 6th
    2:00 PM
    Where: Ezra Family Center
    What: Lightsaber Workshop

We will be going over what we plan to present at the Film Fest on Sept 27th in Id Falls.

16. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    How was the turn out for this? Sorry I missed...comments?

17. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Other than some good catching up between James and I, it was a total bomb!

If we're serious about this event and don't want to look like a bunch of idiots, we really need to put some time in on something that will look "professional" not last minute. I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't need it, (it's kinda hard to lightsaber fight with yourself, unless your the SW Kid)so let's pull together on this one. I think it'd be a great group accomplishment!

Other feedback?

(oh wait... someone please remind me to mail my film to Id Falls... don't just tell me, actually walk me to the post office or Fed X and make sure it gets done! thx.)

18. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    the star wars kid might get a part in Episode 3 (not to mention the amount of pub. he's got already) So maybe fighting alone would be good...

19. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    only if I was getting even half the pub. he was getting. Plus, imagine how cool it would be if there were two Star Wars Kids fighting each other instead of the one...

About EP III: Don't know about you, but I signed the petition! I'm all for him being in the next movie... With just the right amount of training from Nick, he's gonna kick butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.