Lightsaber! XD

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't been posting lately because I've been incredibly busy working (>_<;), but I do skim by. Anyway, I felt to need to geek out and show you all my new toy. :D

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Amiry/Camera032.jpg]
    I can't get over how cool this thing looks in dark photos!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Amiry/Camera026.jpg]
    I'm making a sort of weird face in this one. Heh. I'll stop my picture spamming now. :)
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool! I'll have to get some pics with my Anakin now that I finally have a digital camera :D I do have video somewhere of my using it in my karate dojo at night. Very cool with red background lights and on video it looks real, no rotoing needed!!

And Data with a Santa hat, nice ;)
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I apalogize for the quality but I've recompressed it probably 3 times since I first did it. Basically I was utilizing my dojo key last Christmas break to work on a video that I could rotoscope and happened to get an Anakin FX that year so did a little playing with it later that night. Completely unplanned (hence the crazy swinging and such. You should see the full minute and a half :p )

AnakinFX

Amiry, I really like your first pic. Kinda like a Best Buy ad gone wrong! You should definitely do more poses and put them on DA. There's a sad lack of Star Wars over there :(

Do you have a Jedi getup?
  4. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can hear it but I can't see it. I will update my Quicktime and try again.

Heh, I don't have Jedi garb yet, it's one of my projects. :D I do plan on posting something saber-related on DA. I don't update enough and it doesn't help that my scanner is acting up. I need to update DA with SOMEthing anyway.

This is like, the best toy ever, hehe.

[edit] my software is up to date but I still can't see the video. :(
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmmmm, it's an .avi file so it should play through windows media or winamp. I do believe I used Divx to encode it.
  6. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    When I went to the URL, it kept trying to play in Quicktime format. I didn't even think opening it in Windows Media Player. *'tard moment*

Anywho, VERY cool!! XD

BTW, I think I've been in that place. o_O My friend Steph is in Taekwondo and that looks like the same place. But then, it IS dark, too.
  7. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's actually over in Pinellas Park :p

Before I came to Daytona for school I taught there and try to get in as much as I can when I'm home (hence my own key :D )
  8. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't recall where exactly it was that she goes. It was at night when I was there and I wasn't really paying attention on the way. 8-}
  9. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    My co-workers bought me the Luke Skywalker ESB lightsaber as a graduation present. :D
  10. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool :cool:

Here are some shots that I did tonight with my Anakin and Parks: sabres

Amiry, how did you get your first photo to light so well?
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I figured out the problems.

1) My roommate didn't use the extended exposure time, he used exposure compensation. I'm going to retake some of the pics tonight and see what happens.

2) Epson printers suck! After hours of research it seems that the colormatching with the Epson line is horrible unless you use a Print Image Matching camera (I found this out after the fact). I printed from my HP photosmart it it came out beautifully. Problem is, the HP only prints 4x6 :(
  12. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I don't know. I positioned my camera on top of my computer monitor cause it was high up. I turned off the light and the TV and set the timer. The falsh was on and that was all. Looking forward to those followup pictures. :D
  13. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, the flash on my camera is insane! With the room totally dark this is what I got using the flash.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Q99213/Sabres/room.jpg]

MOst of the better lit pics are with my roommate's hand over the flash.

How many edits does it take to post a pic?

14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here ya go Amiry. SabresX

I'm much happier with how these came out. I varied the exposure time from anywhere from 4 sec. to 1.5 sec to try and get just the right amount of light without exposing the entire room. In some shots with 4sec you could see my entire living room in blue, very cool :cool:
  15. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love it. Lightsabers are LOVE. Hehe. The one where they are crossed in front of you ("DoubleX3") is really frickin' cool.
  16. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that one was totally unexpected. I wanted it to light up my entire front but I'm really happy with how it came out.

It was tough doing this set because I didn't have my roommate to take the pics. It was me, in the dark, setting the timer on my camera then running into place and hoping I was lined up :p
  17. Amiry Jedi Knight

star 2
    Haha, that's how all of mine were taken. XD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.