main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by shoney, Feb 15, 2014.

?

Which Lightsaber Form would you use?

1. Form I (Shii-Cho)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Form II (Makashi)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Form III (Soresu)

33.3%
  4. Form IV (Ataru)

33.3%
  5. Form V (Shien/Djem So)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Form VI (Niman)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Form VII (Vaapad/Juyo)

33.3%
  1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG] but with more black, Dooku's lightsaber was always cool to me and i would still have a red blade for it.

Note: does anybody know how to actually put the image on the post were you can actually see it?

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Use the insert/edit image button.

[​IMG]

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    the hilt of the darksaber from TCW, but with a gold blade

4. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG] can you guys see the photo? Because i can't seem to but maybe thats a problem on my end like i can't see my picture while everyone else can, thanks though Bardan_Jusik. Mind you i do know how to insert a photo but i just can't seem to see it so i was just wondering why i can't see it , i'm new to forums in general so i don't know the way it works at times,so i'm sorry for any inconvenience for anybody.

5. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    sorry i feel rather embarrassed[face_blush]. I found out how to do it so again sorry about inconvenience to anybody.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Odd i can't seem to see the image when submit it even though i can see it before i do. Sorry about bothering you guys about this so if i can't see the image that's fine no big deal thanks anyways.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    darth car double/Triple posting is considered spam posting. Use the Edit feature to add to a previous post to avoid double/triple posting.

[​IMG]

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Same model she's using -
    [​IMG]

MarcJordan likes this.
  9. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    In the wise words of a certain brash and cocky Corellian smuggler...

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

...but if I did have a lightsaber, it would probably be similar to Qui-Gon's, always liked the look of his.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry about that Bardan_Jusik , i actually did not know i was spamming so i do apologies for that and thanks for the information. Actually , i tried to delete those posts and i did't know how to edit the posts in one, so again i apologies.

11. The Philosophical Owl

The Philosophical Owl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2014
    My Blade would have a Dark blue look and an elegant feel to it. It would feature a staunch handle with a cortosis weave as it would be suited for Shien/Djem So, however it would be quite thin as my hands are not that large, and I would also master the more elegant Makashi learning displine as I did.

12. The Philosophical Owl

The Philosophical Owl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2014
    I would be a more philosophical sith, however emotion would lead me to master Shien/Djem-So with makashi to teach me disipline

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Two designs for me.

1) Same as my Luke's in A New Hope, simple plain handle, white blade.

2) Based on one designed for my Everquest MMORPG main character. EQ weapon, a Sarnak Sheer Blade with cloth-wrapped hilt. Can use as the solid weapon, but can also detach the hilt, and there is a lightsabre in the hilt too.

14. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Soresu: Because Kenobi has to spend so much time defending tell an opponent gets tired, how does Kenobi not get worn out?

15. j60514

j60514 Jedi Padawan

Jul 22, 2014
    I like Vaapad because it is powered by the user's adrenaline and enjoyment of the fight. (I'm not a SW expert so correct me if i'm wrong.) If not Vaapad then I also like Soresu.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Merging this with our existing lightsaber thread. Please run a search before posting a new thread, especially if you think it is a topic that has been covered before.

17. Kamikazee

Kamikazee Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2008
    I don't know why more lightsabers don't have leather grips. My hilt would be wrapped in leather or tape with some friction like any good baseball bat/tennis racket/sword.

DarthIshyZ and Sarge like this.
  18. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    I'm curious though - with Lightsabers - does one really need the hilt of a lightsaber or such? Why not just amplify the crystal into a container medium or even control it using The Force or TK - I mean Darth Kreiya/Treiya did this ... she was able to do it with 3 Lightsabers ...

19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I supposed if you could hold the power source in alignment with the crystal, you'd be alright. With a lot of training you can probably do what Traya did.

Mine was realized about 2 years back by the AWESOME (!!!!!) Skywalker_T-65. The black on mine would be a matte material, with the silver being somewhat of a grip. They are detachable and can be used individually, in each hand, or joined together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd probably go with Ataru for form.

Blue Destiny likes this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Two design elements have stuck in my mind as desirable:
    - Dooku's curved lightsaber hilt. Seems a very gentlemanly design. Very classic.
    - The lightsaber that Luke takes posession of in Heir to the Jedi has an external, smooth finish to make it fit better, smoother in the hand, like a handlebar grip.
    As to the other elements, I'll leave those until after I'm tapped to be part of the Jedi or the Sith order.

21. 0bodyCount

0bodyCount Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2016
    Hi guys

I’m going to tell you something that’s going to make you sad, frustrated and generally displeased with every lightsaber fight you’ve ever seen.
    Actually I don’t want to, but I feel it’s my obligation to reveal this super cowardly lightsaber trick that will win every duel.
    But perhaps the Star Wars universe can survive this and even grow stronger from this, but without further ado, here we go.
    *Spoiler Alert*
    When your lightsabers collide and you hear the crackling noise of the beams, turn your lightsaber off and on again!!!!
    The easiest way to do this would be to install a button on your saber which does this for you, so that it only takes a split second…
    This will allow you to move your hilt past your opponents light beam, and when it comes on again, you are free to cut your opponent in half…
    Disappointing, right….
    Only thing to consider, is to only do this when your opponent is parrying, not attacking, but still, you gotta admit…
    I’m sorry guys… I just couldn’t sit on this any longer – Now you know…. So make the best of it J.J.
    May the force be with you….always
    Sorry…
    /99thjedi

PS: To all the jedi out there…why not just use the force to flip the switch on your opponent’s lightsaber?? Or disconnect the kaiburr crystal inside the hilt??

PPS: Do not doubt for a second, that someday Lightsabers will be created!

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We already have a lightsaber thread. Merging now.

23. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    0bodyCount, this is a trick that Jedi and Sith have utilised. Exar Kun went one step further, building a lightsaber that allowed him to turn the blade into a harmless, apparently indistinguishable flightlight, thus passing right through an opponent's guard as if he were switching it off and on again, and achieving victory.

As for my lightsaber, my design would be something of a cross between the two below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a twisted, weathered black metallic hilt of Mandalorian iron, and the slight 'wings' protruding from the emitter as in the top image, as well as a crossguard of pure cortosis allowing for me to disable the opponent's blade if it touches, as well as then the energy quillons that can be used as an offensive tactic, as in the bottom image. Towards the top of the hilt, the cracked Kyber crystal is exposed. The lightsaber blade is unstable, crackling, and of abnormally great length, although the 'saber is dual-phase, allowing for a shorter, gladius-length blade. It can also be turned into a harmless flashlight, for use in tricking opponents and surpassing an opponent's guard.

I would use Form II primarily, with an emphasis on classical European fencing moves, solely one-handed, although occasionally slipping into chaotic Juyo attacks or heavy, two-handed Djem So.

24. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you and your opponent are locked into combat, then you will run the chance of being sliced up by your opponent once you switch off your saber, even for a split second. The force holding their blade back would disappear and you would be left to dodge the opponents now free blade whilst you attempt to parry or, if you're lucky, get past their defenses.

If you are confident in doing that, I suppose it is alright. But it runs a lot of risk depending on your skill.

Dinos4Ever and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  25. Vectivus

Vectivus Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2016
    I would have a standard hilt, maybe a little smaller to fit my grip. Plain looking but with my family crest engraved on the hilt. As for color, it would most likely be green. And as for form, I would most likely do Soresu/Niman.