main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightsabers and Lullabies (L/M, Ben) Family Missing Moment *COMPLETED 6/28*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was such a sweet story. I have always hoped that they really do have Luke and Mara have another child in the EU. Ben deserves to have a sibling, and L/M deserve to have another child. I hope it's in the cards for them. Wonderful story. :D

~~Jilly

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Awwwwwwww, Just read through the whole thing, what a nice story. It's good to see a good hopeful piece after all the gloom and darkness of the books. :)

3. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    What a great little story! I especially like the ending. I want Luke and Mara to have a daughter so much.

Excellent job, Jedi-2B.

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Gabri_Jade - I want Luke and Mara to have another child, too. I'd like to see them with the daughter that Luke was originally so sure Ben would be. Why do I suspect the EU won't give them that? But even that would be horribly sad, because you're right: Luke would insist on Mara going to Shelter, and it's bad enough that they're separated from Ben.

Well, the Vong war is scheduled to be over in Nov., so the students and Ben won't be hidden away after that. But that doesn't mean M&L will get to have another child, of course. The only thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is that in the original NJO outline, Mara was supposed to get pregnant at the end of the series, but Kathy Tyers talked them into moving it up. So maybe they'll leave the pregnancy bit in the storyline.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments, Gabri, throughout the story.

LadyPadme - Aw, you still came in 2nd.

LP claps hands...stands up to give ovation!

*Bows graciously* [face_blush] Thanks!

Might I suggest that you submit this to the archives?

I may consider it, if I can find a suitable cover picture to put with it. If anybody has any suggestions, or is a good artist, PM me.

Great job, and I can't wait to read more from you!

Thanks! I do have a little vignette with Han and Luke, set right after Ben is born, if anyone would like to read that (who hasn't already read it, that is.)

RebelMom - Yes, Ben does need a sibling. Several even.

Several? Wow, they'd better get busy.

Now I'll wait patiently for that next book of Journey.

Good thing you added the word 'patiently.' ;) Slowly but surely, I'm working on it.

Thanks for taking the time to faithfully review this, even though you've already read it.

JainaDurron - Refer to my answer to Gabri_Jade for my rather optimistic view on that subject! Thanks for the compliment.

MariahJade2 - It was meant to be just one long chapter, so reading it all at once is probably better anyway. Thanks. I'm ready for some happy moments in the books, too.

Dancing_Jansons - Thanks. I think Luke needs a daughter, too.

5. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    iloved your story. it's nice to see ben as a todler

6. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Bravi, bravi, bravisimi!

Wonderful job Jedi-2B! I mentioned on my first post that I don't read NJO pro-fiction and rarely read fan fic of that era, but this was such a masterful job I had to read and comment! Well done!

I also think the Skywalkers need a bigger family! And excellent comment from Mara about her wanting to be with Luke during their ten year seperation! Keep up the good work! :D

7. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    FORCEBlLADE - Yes, I wish we saw more of him in the novels. Thanks.

Rivad_Bacar - To be able to lure a non-NJO reader over is an especially welcome compliment. Thanks so much for reading. This was my own little protest against the NJO's not letting us see more family moments.

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow! I just read most of that! It's so incredibly cute, I love it! Great job!

9. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks, Daughter_of_Yubyub. I'm glad you liked it.

10. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    You know how much I love this. Luke, Mara, little Ben, what's not to like? It was so sweet. The lullabye is still my favorite part.

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Aww, very sweet and at the same time so sad.
    Grr, why does DelRay seem bent on hurting the Solo-Skywalker family. They kill Chewie :_| then Anakin :_| and then make the Vong stay around and force L/M to hide Ben. :_| :_|
    *sniff* sorry for the rant.

Jedi-2B great story. I [face_love] it. The lullabye was my favorite part, second was the contest.

12. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    A wonderful short story, Jedi-2B. :)

Great insight into life at Shelter and an excellent peek into little Ben's life. :)

13. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow, people are still reading this.

joy_noel - Hence my comment about dragging out old stories. ;) Glad you liked it the second time around.

J_M_Bulldog - I didn't mind the rant. I feel the same way.

I see Luke's impromptu lullaby was a hit. Too bad his songwriting ability was contingent on mine.

JediMasterKobe - Thanks. I doubt DelRey will give us a peek at life at Shelter, so at least I didn't have to worry about contradicting anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.