Buff, NY Lightsabers and stuff...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediXXL, Apr 11, 2003.

1. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    You can check out the NovaSound board when my new saber comes in Jon.

I caved.
  2. Loseytwin12 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Let's hope this one doesn't get damaged, eh?:p
  3. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    I won't burn down the place if you won't. :p
  4. BigDanLevitan North Ridge V.P.

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    The nova star looks great from their videos. I want to order the war glaive dark version with the sound option. I think the General would look BA with one or two of those.
  5. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    id you get the whole package Bryan?
  6. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm seriously considering the PC-L on this saber. If I don't do CVI, I'll have money for the Ultrasaber with the Obsidian board and quick release module.

Deffinitely want to see that saber Bryan. What did you order? Prodigal?
  7. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    Yeah. Prodigal Son with the Novastar Sound Board.

My only worry was the blade diffusion, but SF sent me a photo of the full blade lit up and it looks goood. That aside, this has just about everything I was looking for in a Luke ROTJ saber (thin neck, projection LED, 1" blade).

Ryan (Stitch, not Glitch) had a Nova board in his Quinlan Vos saber. Seemed like a bit of work with the menu, but I imagine once you know the commands it should be fine. Though deactivating the blade on cue will take some practice. :p
  8. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    This arrived today... (He's holding a lightsaber at least)
    [image=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/JediXXL/Office/JediMickeyPilot.jpg]
    [image=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/JediXXL/Office/JediMickeyPilotBase.jpg]
    [image=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/JediXXL/Office/JediMickeyPilotPin.jpg]
  9. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    Just used a set of lightsaber chopsticks on some homemade sushi...
  10. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I saw his Vos saber and was pretty impressed with the saber and sound, but I didn't like the diffusion on his blade. Maybe because I saw it in a lit room but still, it didn't look even to me, at least the green. The red was pretty bright even in a lit room.

SF uses the same blades as the US UltraEdge - the white poly blades. I have one on order but I think it got lost in shipping. I already contacted SF and they said they would track it or ship and new one if needed.
  11. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    My blade is getting pretty beat up after two years... I may order a white one.
  12. chewbaccachris34 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does it have snap-hiss activation from ROTJ or the sound from all the other sabers?
  13. Loseytwin12 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I've had my blade for about 4 months, and it's pretty beat up!
  14. Loseytwin12 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Can anyone help me get the blade out of an FX saber if I end up getting one that's blade is permanantly attached?
  15. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    Depends on the saber. A lot of the MR ones have tutorials online about how to disassemble them. The HAsbro ones seem to be a little trickier.
  16. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I'll need a new red blade next year. The clear film inside is bunched up near the base and doesn't let the light travel all the way to the top of the blade. Might bet a thicker blade while I'm at it.
  17. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    The Ultra Edge Heavy Duty blade is probably gonna be your best bet, Chris.
  18. BigDanLevitan North Ridge V.P.

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Those are the blades I have on 3 of my sabers. Work wonders and no worries about the film on the inside.
  19. Loseytwin12 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The ESB Graflex from Parksabers is on my wishlist. Now I gots ta save me some pennies[face_money_eyes]
  20. WookieeJedi North Ridge Diplomat

star 4
    My suggestion is to get your vader FX reformatted from ultrasabres like I did my count Dooku this year... its insanely bright now.. and I can take blade off to wear on costume and duel with it.
  21. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    MY PARKSABER WORKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  23. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    My friend up in the Falls took it apart, cleaned it, and put it back together for me a few weeks ago. Didn't work back then. Met up with him last night, and he switched the wires on the activator box (the two wires were the same color so there was nothing indicating which went where after they were disconnected) and it works again.

The blade has a bunch of dirty junk in it from the fire. It lights up but you can still see black chunks of gross in it. Still, a replacement blade is WAY cheaper than a replacement saber!
  24. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    I know how Jeff assembles his blades, you want me to see if I can take it apart and clean it?
  25. BPStoyle Social Media Admin

star 4
    Couldn't hurt! Just don't lick anything. :p