main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Lightsabers and stuff...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediXXL, Apr 11, 2003.

1. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I wonder if it would be easier to install an obsidian board or wait on it and send it to a real sabersmith for a new board.

Go Petit Crouton if you want the blade to fade on and off. If you don't care too much about that, Obsidian may be a better choice. His hilts are pretty good, but his wiring skills are lacking alot.

Don't even get started on the customer service - :mad:

2. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Looks like that's the sound board's way of indicating that batteries are nearly dead. Swapped batteries out and it's working fine.

A little over 7 months after I initially ordered it, I officially have what I wanted.

3. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Good Deal, Bryan. Wish I could say the same for my SF saber... With some skill and an equal amount of luck, I might have a saber that I'm completely happy with. Well, at least once my replacement parts come back in stock so I can order them. Already planning out another one - I'm having way too much fun with this. I want to *hopefully* build three more pvc stunt sabers before the Bison's game. My kids and my nephew need something bright to wave around when the lights go out :D

4. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Finally have a working Sith Blade. I somehow burned out my first board... still unsure how that happened, but I received a replacement board on Saturday and spent 4 hours on Sunday wiring it all up.

I'll have it with me on Sunday. I guess I'll have to make a Sith Costume to go with the saber now. :p

Jon

PS. No hot glue was involved between the soundboard and battery pack. This means..(drum roll) I can remove the card and configure the saber. I'm a Genius.

5. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Who'da thunk?

6. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  7. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    Would anyone mind letting me borrow a blue saber for the show? I may need one, because I really can't afford two, and even new batteries in my old one won't make it bright, its too dim.

8. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    We may be able to swap out the LED in your saber. Jon would know better than I and I don't want to volunteer him for anything, of course, but that may be worth looking into.

9. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    Hey all,

As I posted in the planning thread I just bought 2 sabers for myself.

My question for any and everyone is how and what do you use to store and transport them?

I know some have cases(what kind?) and such but I'm curious what everyone does so I can figure out what might work and be best for me.

Thanks. :)

10. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    RRRRRIFLE cases sonny boy

11. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Message from Anna:

will there be a group order this year for sabers? would like to perhaps
    discuss this at the meeting on Sunday

12. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005

You can borrow one of mine if need be.

13. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    We can discuss an possible order at the meeting, sure.

14. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Just wondering what kinda time frame looking for group saber order.... wanted to know if have to borrow a double saber or if would have in time for when dueling starts

15. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I'm waiting to get confirmation from Ultrasabers before moving forward on the order. If I get the okay, we can open it up this week, probably to order in 2-3 weeks, so with shipping the sabers to us, maybe middle/end of March?

There are only two March rehearsals so if you think you could manage with bokkens that may save you some cash, Steve.

16. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    OK fair enough... sounds like a plan....:D

17. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Pesky Jedi be warned as Savage Opress's lightsaber has arrived in the mail and is thirsty for jedi Blood.....[face_skull]

pictures to follow

18. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Got my dual sabers on Monday. After fiddling around with them, I love them. Good work ultrasabers!

19. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    This really is the thread that would not die!

GrandAdmDraco likes this.
  20. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Ultrasabers started a "Deal of the Day" promotion which offers one of their models (typically a model with sound) for cheap. While the name implies a new model every day, it seems most of theirs so far have been going for 3 days at a time. Might be a good thing to keep your eye on if you are in need of purchasing a saber or two.

21. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Looks like a bait and switch. Price is listed as low until you add it to the cart.

22. DarthJimmer

DarthJimmer Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2013
    My Ultrasabers Dominix Limited Edition V3, Blazing Red, 36" Midgrade blade for brightest, with Li-Ion BuckPuck, No Sound but eventually, standard switch, without covertech, is going to arriver Thursday! A totally amazing custom saber within 10 days including the time it took to send it out (usually 1-3, mine was 3) From California to Maryland. Ultrasabers hands down, best bang for your buck, with the fastest shipping, and best customer service. Also their forum is amazing if you haven't checked it out. Couldnt be happier and I havent even recieved it yet!

23. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Um...yeah, get your soldering skills up to date.

24. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Let me talk about my malice and its issues........wait we don't have all day