main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Lightsabers=Guns?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarkLordOsirisPrime1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I just read on theforce.net that Woolworths stores in England have banned the sale of toy lightsabers to anyone under 18 because they believe they could be mistaken for guns. Sad. Truly sad. :oops:

2. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    This is why Jedi came to America in the first place! Crazy Brits!! lol

3. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    We will probably have that and a 30 day wait list after the new administraion takes over next year. ........sigh.

4. AtinTX6203

AtinTX6203 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    Had a feeling the UK Laws would lead to this.
    Earlier in the year they banned the sale and possession of all replica swords, yes REPLICA swords. So I guess you can still carry a real one *L*
    They have already stopped the sale of prop replica guns and weapons to the UK so this is just another step.

5. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm sorry TKYTROOPER, I know you were pulling for your guy to get in there, but don't worry he'll run again, Nader 2012!!!, lol

6. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I had no "guy" to vote for this year. Sometimes we have to go with the lesser of two evils. DURDIN 2012

7. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006

Wait! They still have Woolworth's? Man! I thought they went out of business! Like Phar-Mor!

8. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    They all retreated to their home land. Woolworth's is still fairly big in England. As far as Phar-Mor, wow, that's where I first rented a movie. Good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.