main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers: what did they Really have planned?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Xorbo, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xorbo

Xorbo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 28, 2003
    I decided to do something a bit more (but still not very) productive with my summer time, and watch some ep 2 extra features.

The one thing I noticed above all: In many of the clips, Dooku is shown weilding 2 sabers. Not just in one overused piece of footage, but in several. They included him being thrown a second one and catching it a few times, and just doodling with a couple.

Now, that got me wondering. Did they plan on dooku having 2 sabers instead of annikin? Did they plan on both of them having 2 sabers? If either of these, why did they decide against it?

I think it may be so that they do not downplay any of the duels in episode 3. I am hoping they have one good duel, which involves something like 2 lightsabers, but not like in episode 2. I hope it is something fully drawn out into a full duel.

Any thoughts?

2. Cometgreen

Cometgreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    Dooku was supposed to fight with his red saber and Obiwan/Anakin's blue saber when fighting Yoda, at least for a few seconds. Why'd they cut it? I have no idea. ;)

Cometgreen

3. MOSEP

MOSEP Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    I think they decided to let Anakin do the two
    saber thing. If Dooku would have done it too,
    the effect had´nt been the same.
    I wonder what they will come up with for epIII...there is a doublebladed saber, a bent one, fighting with two ones at the same time. What is there left?

4. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    We will probably see more double-saber action in Episode III.

I have a Theory that Dooku will use two in his duel against Anakin, in order to show that Anakin is now alot more powerful than Dooku.

5. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Heres an older thread on this, which has a bunch of info. I always have to plug it when threads like this come up.

Two Sabered Dooku

6. Xorbo

Xorbo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 28, 2003
    Thanks for the thread.

I am hoping that the reason he cut it was so it wouldnt downplay anything in episode 3. I am really pissed that he cut part of TPM's lightsaber fight. I mean come on. An extra minute of fighting is not going to bore people for god's sake!

Hopefully we will see 2 sabers with dooku in episode 3 when anikin does away with him. Hopefully there will be a bit of double bladed action, but thats not necessary, but it would kick ass.

come on george! make with the lightsabers?

I think there should be a star wars special where basically its mortal kombat styles, lightsaber duels to the death tournament. Have people in character like young anikin, darth vader, dooku, yoda, mace, kit fisto, qui gon, darth maul, sidious, etc - in a free for all tournament. think about it. think about the ratings... =P~

7. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    That would be sweet.

I wish they would make a Bushido Blade-esque game with Jedi. That and KOTOR would be the only two Star Wars games I would ever play.

8. Cometgreen

Cometgreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    "I think there should be a star wars special where basically its mortal kombat styles, lightsaber duels to the death tournament. Have people in character like young anikin, darth vader, dooku, yoda, mace, kit fisto, qui gon, darth maul, sidious, etc - in a free for all tournament. think about it. think about the ratings... =P~"

I remember that, when AOTC IMAX came out, a lot of people (myself included) said how cool it would be if they collected all of the action sequences from the SW movies and put it on IMAX. Think about it. The opening of TPM, Duel of the Fates, the Clone Wars, the EpIII saber battles, the Trench Run, all of it on a huge screen with uncompressed sound. Damn... =P~

"I wish they would make a Bushido Blade-esque game with Jedi. That and KOTOR would be the only two Star Wars games I would ever play."

Jedi Academy, my friend. ;) You can fight with one saber, two sabers, or a double edged saber, all customized to your liking. And the whole point of the game is to develop your own fighting skills.

Cometgreen

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Emperor_Billy_Bob, I've played Bushido Blade quite a bit too.

I think he means having similar physics to that - BB had a really good physics set up, how you could parry and block and deflect. I'd love a lightsabre combat game using many of those ideas, as well :)

10. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Jedi Academy? Sounds interesting. When does it take place?

11. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm not sure -- I had never heard of the game until a couple days ago, and I just saw some screenshots, it didn't really tell me anything about it. :( It looks really cool though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.