main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Lightsabers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    we should have a lightsaber construction day, soon. I could also bring my sabers that I own.

Also I had a thought. what if all of you try to get a force fx saber of some kind. Then we could have a battle royal or just film something, with those light up blades they would be really easy to edit on film. (provided its dark enough). The force fx sabers are only 119$ at master replicas and you could probably get other models on ebay for about the same amount. For all that it does 119$ is practically giving them away.

Think how sweet it would look if we all had one for the premiere? I got some christmas money and Im pretty sure Im gonna order Vader's for myself. I want a red blade.

About the lightsaber construction day. I know Marvin wants to construct one as well and I have one I almost have planned out. plus I have other pieces.

(You know you want a force fx saber, you know you do.)

2. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    yeah, but i don't have 119$. especially after all the xmas gifts, you know?

im not saying i wouldn't like to have one...if you wanted to give me one of yours...*waves hand conveincingly in front of axia's face* hm...you must not be so weak minded.

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I know....and no I will not give you one of mine. But they are taking payment installments on these fx lightsabers on masterreplicas.com as well, how cool is that?

4. MartyBrandt

MartyBrandt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2004
    I had wanted to do this, but it never got anywhere.

I build my own EL Sabers all the time. Heres my Anakin saber Im working on. Im making a Anakin ROTS costume for the premiere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/MikeBrandt/ROTSSaber004.jpg

And heres it lit up.

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Obiwansaber%20005.jpg

They only cost about $40 to make. Sometimes less. I can make up a supply list if youd like. All of the materials can be picked up here locally. Ill be more than happy to help anyone make one. Oh and BTW, They way I designed mine the blades are detachable and durable for dueling. ;)

-Marty

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    that is SWEET. Could you post the parts list and directions?

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i'll look into getting a force fx lightsaber for myself. and we could use them to make some cool fight scenes and stuff....yeah and we could finally make that fan force movie

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Im sure you all know about this site. Check this out. They do not make inexpensive items by any stretch of the imagination but the quality is unparrelled.

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Once I start making Hollywood movie money, maybe... but as of now, those are WAY outside my current budget.

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I thought you were going to be an independent? No Hollywood movie for you.

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    You can't make "lightsaber buying" money as an Independant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.