main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Zoomer, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Greetings everyone..

I'm curious how many people here own either a MR Force FX lightsaber, or another kind of lightsaber?

Also, maybe this is a crazy idea, but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together to "practice" lightsaber combat? Sort of like what some people were doing at the Mall on opening night.

Zoomer

2. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I have one of the Walmart cheap plastic lightsabers, and i had one that lighted up and made noise on contact but my littel brother broke it.

I made my own lightsaber from a metal ahndle and PVC pipe with a wooden and plastic core.

I also used a cane before my littel brother in a fit of anger broke it as well during a duel.

I used the cane and the PVC saber at the same time as duals and had gotten pretty good at it.

If I could ever meet up wiht you i'd duel, but time and travel are issues at most timesfor me.

3. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Hey Zan..

Are you from the Harrison County area? I live outside of Clarksburg off Rt 50 west of town.

I had actually thought about buying one of the Kenner lightsabers before I saw the Master Replicas. They're pricey for sure, but the effects are cool. I don't see why the Kenner ones wouldn't be just fine to to duel around with.

If we could find a few people who'd like to get together and do this, I think it would be a lot of fun. Maybe some of the people who were at the mall on opening night?

Zoomer

4. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I have a force FX Anakin Ep. III saber and a saber hilt I made from sink pipe with a wooden core. I don't know if I want to dual with my FX saber though. I do have a wooden and foam pratice sword somewhere that swordsmen use for practice.

If you guys want, you can bring them to our next meeting which would give you a change to meet the group and dual, etc. Make sure you check the date proposed in the meeting thread and post if you can make it!

Rap

5. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I live in barbour county, but i pass through rt 50 to go to bridgeport all the time. i traveled that road alot to get to college when i went to WVJC.

6. Phoonzang

Phoonzang Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Zoomer,

I live on old rt 50 west. Liberty addition. I have a master replica darth saber, but I wont use it for battle. Id be interested in learning how to make others for more affordable prices. But i honestly dont think the master replicas can be beat for the price. They have ewnt down in price since I bought mine.

Phoonzang

7. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Hey guys..

Thanks for all the response. This is cool. I understand where you're coming from about not using the Force FX sabers for battle. I know they're expensive, but they're supposedly pretty durable.
    I was think that if we were careful we could use them for some light sparring. I'm thinking as long we didn't just go totally all out with them it would be alright. The effects are just tooo cool not to try them out a few times.

Rap, I'd actually like to make a hilt only version of my Force FX saber to wear in costume. It's cool you have both.

Zan, I grew up in Barbour County. My parents still live there so I'm in that area every couple of weeks.

Phoon, you and I are practically neighbors. I live in Sardis, so in order to get to pretty much anything I have to go by Liberty Addition. How much were the Force FX sabers when they came out?

It would be good to meet you guys in person. I'll do my best to make the meeting. Keep throwing out the ideas, I love talking about this stuff.

Zoomer

8. DARTH_DRACONIS

DARTH_DRACONIS Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I have a question about the FX Sabers. Are they the ones on the TFN site. The ones that go for a little more then $100. I was telling my wife I wanted one for Fathersday. if they are the ones what do they do that is different from the Kenners. I love my Kenners but they are small and flimsy and the effects are not that great, are these others better?

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Those are the ones. They are made by Master Replicas, and their website is here.

They are much better quality. More realistic hilt, metal construction, blades are bright, and the effects are pretty good. The Kenner ones are not even in the same league as these :)

10. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Please don't take me as a smartass in this post, but here's an idea. Let's see if there are some fencing or sword fighting classes nearby that we can attend.

11. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Actually I like the idea. Not taking you as a smartass at all. it might be cost prohibitive. However, if there were enough of us interested we might be able to find an instructor willing to give the club an lesson or two at a reduced cost. Maybe?

Zoomer

12. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT....YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAAAA
    :p

(...er.......sorry...I don't know what came over me...)

13. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I might know someone who can do that. I'll check and see if he is interested before I post more. Only problem would be the indoor location because he does not have his own studio.

14. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Is it necessary to be indoors during nice weather months?

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    It's necessary to have an indoor location because if he is able to do this, he will only be able to do it at a certain time, and if we have to cancel everytime it rains, that would not be good.

16. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    True enough. I guess we'll have to put our collective heads together and see what we can come up with. I think it would be great to have actual training.

Zoomer

17. DARTH_DRACONIS

May 23, 2005
    I have another question about the FX sabers. My wife just got her hands on a cataloge and I was wondering why the Empire Vader saber is cheaper then the rest. If any of you have any knowledge of why or have 2 sabers to compare I would very much like to know.

18. billdoe1138

billdoe1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    Hi I?m new to this part of the forms I?m usually over in the fan film area but any way...

I have another question about the FX sabers. My wife just got her hands on a cataloge and I was wondering why the Empire Vader saber is cheaper then the rest. If any of you have any knowledge of why or have 2 sabers to compare I would very much like to know.

Well I don't have two but they had the Empire Vader and the Anikin sabers for sale. I believe that the Anikin saber has 4 sounds that it cycles through and the Vader one does not. That?s why its cheaper.

... I'm also a West Virginian I live in the Windfield area.

19. DARTH_DRACONIS

May 23, 2005
    See I thought maybe it was because that it did not have the stand with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.