main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsabers.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by lukilook, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukilook

lukilook Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    well hello there...
    right to the point, i'm a fan film maker and i thought about making some movies...
    i do have actors and some friends that will help me, more or less...
    but now im working on the equipment, and here is the problem..
    i need to buy some lightsabers and i really dont have a clue about what should i buy...
    now i need your suggestions...
    can you help me here?
    Oh by the way, i do have some problem with my credit card, so i prefer a store which i can come in and buy the saber...
    i need something close to pensilvenia, i do have an available car so i can go on a long trip to the store...
    i would really appreciate your help...

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Your best bet, money-wise, is to read the sticky threads and build your own. Otherwise, online retailers for machined sabers take FOREVER, 'cause they're all really busy.

3. lukilook

lukilook Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    well i heard its pretty danger to fight with sabers that you build.

4. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Where'd you hear that? How could it possibly be any more dangerous than fighting with sabers that somebody ELSE built?

5. lukilook

lukilook Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    I think it was in the photoshop & premiere lighsaber tutorial. not sure.
    I just think that someone who really know how to make it will make it better and safer.

6. Kij421

Kij421 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    If you just have a dowel rod in your hand, you're going to run as much of a risk of smacking your opponent upside the head than if someone had custom machined an 80 dollar hilt, with a 30 dollar carbon fiber blade. Would you rather spend over 100 bucks, or under 5?

7. DarthDravvid

DarthDravvid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Well, when I was looking at saber hilts, I did consider getting those cheap toy ones at Wal-Mart, simply because the realistic (note there is no such thing as a real lightsaber) metal hilts were too expensive. Don't get me wrong, but parksabers for example is a good way to drop 300+ dollars on a light up hilt, which is pretty useless since you're going to do the effects on the computer. I got two hilts, one 70 and one 80 dollars from RLSAsabers.com They have all unique hilts, no two are alike, so check em out.

8. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Carve out a fancy looking stick to look like a hilt and then attach a broom stick to the stop. That's the easiest way. And, it's not dangerous.

9. flaminsheep

flaminsheep Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2004
    Forgive me if this sounds a little assuming, but if you can't make a saber, you probably shouldn't be swinging one at your friends. Just think creatively.

10. Vi3tBoi53

Vi3tBoi53 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    The tutorial in photoshop said it would be dangerous to use the wooden dowel ones only if you do not know how to handle them. But, you can still use them if you do not know how to handle them. I don't see why not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.