main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsabers

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by darth_terak, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_terak

darth_terak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    does anyboby know where i can get cheap parts to build my lightsaber

2. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Building a hilt? Hardware stores. :) I haven't made one myself, but a friend did a while back. You can also look up some tutorials online.

3. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah it isnt that hard
    what i do is get a concept and draw it then take the drawing to home depot or lowes and look in the plumbling sectoin u will find your parts there and then take it home and constuct it

4. shyriiwook9134

shyriiwook9134 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2005
    i made my lightsaber from parts i found at lowes. but i still havent found a way to attach my belt clip.

5. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    same as him^
    but his is much cooler that mine

6. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    one that works at a convention is apoxy resin metal to plastic (not good for in the sun or heated place
    another way that works is to bolt it on there or screw it in to the metal (but if screwed in could damage the the metal or mangle it)

on key thing is look fo pvc that can be added or sliped over a pipe makeing the it easyer to attack a cortavac clip (cell clip/ pager clip) on by using axpoy

if u need help shoot me a message and let me know i can usally see it and tell u how it can be done

7. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I built my own lightsaber. It's the win if I do say so myself. It's got blinking lights and everything.

I used a metal sink pipe for the hilt, and I got it at home depot. I got some of the electronic components at radio shack...but mostly everything came from home depot.

I used a rivot gun and a universal cell phone clip to hold my lightsaber on my belt. It worked extremely well. The problem with doing this is that I had to drill a hole in the pipe in order to use the rivot gun...which can be a challenge, expecially if you don't have power tools at your disposal. The upside though, is that it'll hold like the hoover dam.

I also carved PVC into a nice design and sprayed painted it black like 10 times with a plastic coating and used that as a grip.

I got most of my ideas from lightsabers from the big yellow box...google search that name, b/c I don't remember the exact site.

Hope that helped ya some. Lemme know if you have any questions ^_^

-Lee Ann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.