main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lightsabers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Even__Piell, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Then wouldn't it be advantageous to Jedi of races that can see infrared or ultraviolet light to build sabers only visible in that spectrum? Although other Jedi would be able to sense the blade, it would be a perfect weapon against non-Jedi, and the Vong, in theory."

I've already explained, that infrared can't do any damage. It doesn't cut. infact it has therapeutic use.

Ultra-violet, can't directly kill, but it can cause sunburns, and cancer.

All the other waves can't cut, or damage is negligible(more like radiation burns). As well they can't be focused, and just randomly change direction as I remember reading(more like bend in random directions, and can pass through the housing, as well as some going backwards and effecting the wielder).

It's the visual range spectrums that have any form of direct heat, or focusable through a lense.

2. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Dooku's sabre is ''curved hilt''? Meaning what, it's a lightkatana?

As far as sabres go, I find Lumiya's whip the most intriguing. It appears to have a blade made up of ''force lightning'', rather than an energy blade.

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It has a whip of energy, and whips of physical matter. Dual-nature.

4. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Dooku has a curved hilt.... maul has two blades... two curved hilts, facing opposite directions, that'd be kewl

5. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I ask again, curved hilt meaning WHAT? That the blade is curved like a katana(Samurai sword.)?

6. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    So Dooku has a fancy hilt, so what? Does it do anything to his blade?

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    His blade looked reguler to me in the trailors.

8. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Maybe it's for his old-man hands. ;)

9. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    is a pure black lightsaber possible??

itd be pretty good for nighttime fighting

10. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    All the lightsabers so far seem to be a white core with a color on the outside. think this would stay the same with any color. You'd have a black saber with a whitish core so you would still be able to see it.

11. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    If you somehow managed to block out all the light from the core by making the outer blade black, that would be pretty cool.

12. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I suppose. I don't know how much it would help against Force users.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "All the lightsabers so far seem to be a white core with a color on the outside. think this would stay the same with any color. You'd have a black saber with a whitish core so you would still be able to see it."

Actually it's just that center core is the most focused amount of the light(seeming to look brighter than the rest), the outside edges are stray bits of light escaping, which gives the sense of color.

There is no such thing as black light. Black is the absence of light and color.

So it would be impossible to have a saber of that type.

Blacklights on the other hand are only blacklights(actually sort a dark purple), because of a film put inside of the glass tube that blocks out most light but certain type of light. To do that on a saber would require a glass/transparisteel sheif over the whole blade, which would make break in one attack.

14. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    But if you blocked the light, surely it wouldn't work at all because the energy from the handle and therefore the entire blade would have to be blocked. ?[face_plain]

15. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    but if you can have a lightsaber of any color depending on the crystal then if you used a black crystal you could get a black blade im thinking,,...

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    If you have a black chrystal, no light can get through, you woudln't have anything.

That's known as opaque. webster: "exhibiting opacity : blocking the passage of radiant energy and especially light"

17. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    You could conceiviblly have a very dark blade, but not a black one. But nonetheless, it wouldn't be very effective against Force users.

18. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    its still light, its just black

19. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Elite__Gaurd, have you ever seen black light?

20. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    so youre saying the brighter the light the more powerful?? then why doesnt anyone have a bright white lightsaber??

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    darker amount of light, would be weak amittance of light. It wouldn't be able to cut. and things would go right through it. would only be a faint glow.

Black-lights are dark purple, but have a faint glow. They are only that way because of the special paint inside the glass. The paint is a chemical compound.

22. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    Elite__Gaurd, have you ever seen black light?
    ____
    have you ever heard of black lights??? from the 70s

23. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I meen a black light, light that is the color black. Blacklights are just lights with black paint on them.

24. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Visible light is made up from the colours of the spectrum. When combined these colours make white and when none are present the colour is black. Therefore there is no such thing as black light.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    More of a purple paint, actually. I'll see if I can find an essay that explains how they work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.