main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Lightsabers!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by chewdog316, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewdog316

chewdog316 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Okay so ive been researching on how i want my lightsaber to be for the last 2 years. Has anyone actually built there own custom saber and perhaps has a decent starting basis for every saber? Also i wanted to buy a saber but parks sabers doesnt have a movie or information on the actual blad itself. i went to www.futurehorizons.com where there saber, despite planeness, actually illuminated and detracts just like the movie blades. So what do the parks sabers blades look like and are they real to the movie. "Any help here would be had". Tanks
    -chewy

-complete, a jedis' training isn't, until a lightsaber he has built.-

2. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    At an upcoming meeting I will be discussing Props. And I'll also be holding a workshop on how to build your own saber. Dates have yet to be set.

The ONLY Fan made sabers out there that turn on and off like in the movies are called Plasma Blades. It's a glass blade with Neon Gas in it. They're brighter than Park's EL blades BUT you can NOT duel with Plasma Blades!!! Parks blades use Indiglo Technology and you can duel with them!

Jeff

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey guys,

We were trying to look around so we could have a scripted duel at our line up here in Arizona and we found Light Tech Industries. They offer a polymer drop-in kit for an E.L. blade that you can put into your own custom made saber hilts. It comes with the blade, emitter adapter, batery connection, and switched. The blades are a little whippy but designed for live action. The light doesn't move up and down the blade, it's more of an all on or all off...but they are rather bright too. Hope this helps.

EDIT

I built my first custom saber from a design at the Big Yellow box. The guy there has a good design for most styles of saber hilts that I'm sure you can use as a jump off point for whatever you want to build. A word of advice though, because it's quite often exceeding its bandwidth allowance...I copied all the pictures and instructions into a word document to make a project book so I won't have to try and keep going back to the site. If you want to build a type 6, 7, or 8 model then PM me and I'll email you the project documents for those.

-Void Dancer

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks VoidDancer! That was very smart of you to make your own project book! That is a great idea!

5. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    If you want to buy an exact replica of any of the SW movie lightsabres (without blades) then go to Master Replicas. They have been officially licensed by Lucas Co.

6. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    and of course if you want the coolest sabers ever to grace human vision, go to www.parksabers.com

7. chewdog316

chewdog316 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    well your scrapbook would be very helpful to get my feet off the ground of construction. thanks allot. also the yellowbox website seems to be down, all well. im really trying to do as much on my own but even a jedi used some sort of help.

-help you i can yes. mmmm hmmm-

8. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Well I've gotten 1 PM request for my project books, so lemme put this our up front...should have earlier anyway.

Send me your email and I'll just fire them off to you. I've only got them for the the last 3 designs, but I'll try and work up the first 5 just to have them when I can. These files are over a meg in size though, so make sure that your ISP won't complain about the size of the email. I can send them one at a time if needed, no biggie.

-Void

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.