Lightswords of Fury | 8 Mos Post TLC | L/M AU | TAGGED| Important Note - Please read

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    This is replacing my *old* thread. I will be posting a link from the old one to this new one. Emilie went over this earlier and it looks like its all ready. I'm sorry for the delay.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 1 - The Discovery
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*"Was there something else?"

He smiled. "You're getting good at that."

"Your fault for teaching me too well. Come on, what is it?"

"Just this." Reaching into his tunic, he pulled out a lightsaber.

"What's this?" Mara asked, frowning. "It's my old lightsaber," Luke told her quietly. "The one I lost at Cloud City and nearly got killed with at Wayland." He held it out. "I'd like you to have it."

She looked up at him, startled. "Me? Why?"

He shrugged self-consciously. "Lots of reasons. Because you earned it. Because you're on your way to becoming a Jedi and you'll need it. Mostly though, because I want you to have it."

Slowly, almost reluctantly, she took the weapon.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."*

*From the last two pages of "The Last Command" by Timothy Zahn*

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

Luke pulled the heavy chest out of his sitting room closet. Inside it were hundreds of reader disks that a Dathomirian Witch had given him. He punched in the code to open it and as he lifted the lid of the chest, he sneezed. Boy, this chest is dusty. He lifted out a handful of disks from the box and carried them to his desk.

As he sat down, he could almost hear Yoda's voice: Adventure? Heh. Excitement? Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. He could not help but chuckle. He gingerly took one of the precious old reader disks from the small pile next to him and placed it into his data disk reader.

His eyes slowly scanned the information as it scrolled by him. Teaching structures, Padawan/Master pairing, nothing remotely interesting here.

As he continued reading, his eyelids began to sag and he chastised himself for spending most of the day playing with his niece and nephew.

He took another card from the pile and scanned it less carefully, deciding it would be the last for the night. This is the last time I start this
    sort of important research when it's so late
    , he told himself. He was casually scrolling through the information, as he had done with the other disks, when all thoughts of sleep left him as his eye caught a paragraph at the bottom of the screen.

Regaining his composure, he sat down back at the desk, took a deep breath and read the information again. What in the Force! He could not believe what he was reading: The ancient tradition of declaring love between Jedi is displayed when the Jedi Knight or Padawan gave his father's lightsaber to the woman he loves. This is meant as a marriage proposal.

His heart pounded in his chest rapidly, he could almost feel it through his now soaked tunic. He thought back to the recent gift of a lightsaber he had given to his new ally, Mara Jade. He had given Mara his old lightsaber, his old lightsaber that belonged to his father, Anakin Skywalker.

Luke took a deep breath, sat the reader disk to the side, shut off the machine and decided to go to bed. I'll decide what to do in the morning.

Luke was awoken from his deep slumber the next morning, when he heard loud banging coming from the door of his apartment. He got out of the bed and attempted to make himself presentable. Taking a last look in his mirror, he went to answer the door.

He was shocked to see Mara Jade standing there, her arms crossed and her eyes blazing with anger. "Hello, Mara." She did not acknowledge him, but pushed her way past him and into his apartment. "I want to take a shower. Is there something you needed to talk to me about?" He asked, his deep blue orbs staring her straight in the eyes. "As if you didn't know." She said, crossing her arms. How could she have found out about the reader disk already? I haven't told
  2. ismaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    The wait for the revised edition was worth it. This is great!
  3. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. U_KnOwWhOo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love it! The idea itself is so cute and then you go and post and it's even better... *scratches head* ... ok, I have no idea if that makes sense but lets pretend it did and continue. Anyway, it's really great and I can't wait for more ;) hmm... ' A great disturbance in the force?' Yup, thats Mara.
    Up!
  5. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay!! Go Liz! You rock! You're writing is getting so much better!

::passes out M&Ms and Popcorn::
  6. JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Marawannabe Force Ghost

star 4
    A great disturbance in the Force *cracks up* Great job on the revisions, Liz and (who is your cowriter for this? I'm sorry, I forgot) Great start! Can't wait for more! ;)
  8. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    ismaren: thank you! thanks for sticking with me through these delays
    starwarsfan: Thank you!

U_KnOwWhOo: Thanks!

Emilie: :::accepts M&Ms::: Thanks for all your help so far! ::[:D]:::

JMAS: thanks! And thanks for writing those future scenes for me......

Marawannabe: Thanks!
    JMAS is helping me with some scenes and Emmi is doing some betareading / idea catching for me.

*Chapter 2* will be up soon depending on when I get it reworked. I hope to get it up before Emmi goes on vacation.
  9. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved the first version Liz, but this one is even better.

inez
  10. TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Master

star 4
    This is so cute Jedi_Liz! I didn't mind the last one, but this one is so much better. You've been working hard! :) It seems more appropriate that Mara would find out by pushing her way in and going through Luke's stuff. lol. Really looking forward to more!

Thanks,
    Baroness
  11. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    This is better.

Thanks Liz!

Great story!

It runs much more smoothly.
  12. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    New reader reporting in! This looks great so far! Mara's reaction to this should prove to be... interesting, to say the least! :D :)

Great job Liz!

AQ
  13. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    The new edition has much better use of words, but it's just as funny. I love it! Great so far!

Saber :p
  14. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    wow.....five more replies......I better get chapter 2 worked out and sent to Emmi for approval..........I'll try my best to have chapter 2 up by next week. It just depends on how she wants me to rework it.

Thanks Obi-Zahn, Angel Queen, SaberofLight, inez the swampgirl and Baroness!

Any guesses to what is going to happen? ;) :D
  15. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    *thinks*

Hmm... Mara's going to blow a gasket and knock Lukie's block off? ;) j/j... well, on that second part anyway. :D

*giggle*

AQ
  16. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    hehehe, Mara's going to yell Luke stupid when he walks out of his fresher. More please
  17. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    This is really great Liz. I'm happy to see this is on the go again. :)

Luke poped the question and he didn't even know it. ;)

I wonder how he's going to get out of this one?
  18. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    you'll see soon how Mara reacts ;) - and thanks for the replies, Sara and Falcon.

Good News: Chapter 2 is looking to be *at least* 8 pages long (the specifics: double spaced, size 10 font, Comic Sans MS :) - but it doesn't matter here - we don't have those formatting abilities :( ).

I need to send it to Emmi Darklighter for some changes, but its definitely going to be a longer chapter. Chapter 3, however, might be delayed longer than I would like........

19. U_KnOwWhOo Jedi Knight

star 1
    moving this up from page ...................4 (ack!)
    ;)
    ( Now I get to do what you do to me :D )
    New post? 8 pages double spaced 10 font? yipeee
  20. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
  21. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    Should I blackmail her into posting?
  22. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    no, you *shouldn't* blackmail me :)

The next post will come soon, just be patient. I have to have it checked with my writing mentor - Emmi Darklighter. She is sort of my unofficial beta reader, as well. She is going to check for characterization problems, etc.

You do want a good post don't you? ;) :D

Thanks for keeping this on the front page............I'll do my best to get the next chapter up very soon......as soon as Emmi gives it a thumbs up, okay? :) :D

P.S. the next chapter, if most of my writing stays, is going to be well worth it. ;)
  23. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!! I am *so* impressed!

You see, Liz! There are a *ton* of L/M fans out there just starving for a story...you just have to hook them!

Have I mentioned how refreshing this is when there are hardly *any* L/M stories around? The only ones I can think of are mine, yours and Slipknot. ::winks at AQ::

::trots off to beta the next post::
  24. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    what Emmi said ;)

can't wait for the next post Liz...I think it will be a toss up as to what Mara is going to do. She'll be mad, but will she want to make Luke squirm? HHHMMMMM....maybe come on to him to see what he'll do?

NOPE! I think he's in for some *ahem* self-defence training. :D

note: I won't be posting for a few days. DRL due to holidays and in-laws visiting is seriously cutting in on my computer time. I will be reading as much as possible though. Hopefully next week, I'll be back on track.

inez
  25. EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master

star 4
    Come on to him? Heheheheheheh...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.