main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightswords of Fury | 8 Mos Post TLC | L/M AU | TAGGED| Important Note - Please read

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    :( :_|

I still have not gotten my chapter 2 notes from Emilie. I'm getting worried......I don't want to delay chapter 2 any more than another week.......

I hope you guys will stick with me...........I am getting desperate. :(

2. U_KnOwWhOo

U_KnOwWhOo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    I'll stick with ya

* steps in quick dry cement* oops...well now I'll stay indefinately not that I mind *trys to reach chips on table too far away* MAN :_|

Up! ;)

3. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Good News - Emmi will try to get me her notes on chapter 2 - and even better news........ AngelQueen will be beta reading chapter 3 for me.....so while Emmi's on vacation, you might actually get a new chapter. ;)

Oh, and UKnOwWhO, I didn't mean for you to step in that wet cement, that was to attract brand new readers.....glad to see that at least one or two old readers are *sticking* with me.

4. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Just got the notes sent off.

Sorry, Mara. ;) Maybe if you'd posted more often, I might have remembered it. ;)

I mean, come on. You've left us in a cliffhanger forever! Poor Mara's all broken and bloody and I can't wait to see Callista get her butt kicked!!!!

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 2 Reactions
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Leia Organa Solo was feeding her twins their
    breakfast when she felt the reverberating thunder of a Force disturbance seeping into her awareness. She stumbled back a few feet, causing her to drop the spoon with the Jaina's oatmeal on it. The oatmeal splattered the walls as it hit the floor.

Jaina and Jacen started to cry in their highchairs. They were so attuned to the
    Force that even they were being affected. Leia regained her composure and tried to
    comfort the twins. Tears stained their tiny faces.

Leia sat down, frowning. What was that? she wondered.

Leia reached out briefly to touch the twin bond she shared with her brother. She could feel that he had been affected as well. She also felt another presence in his apartment. Mara Jade?

Whatever it was, Leia thought, I bet that Mara is involved somehow.

She took a deep breath and sent soothing thoughts to her children. Within a few
    minutes, their cries faded into soft sobs, and sobs faded quickly into gentle hiccups.

Han Solo came into the kitchen. "Princess? Are you okay?" There was a frown on Han?s face.

Leia looked up at him. "Yes. Something happened?I just don?t know what."

?Is the kid okay??

Leia nodded. ?Luke?s fine.? She blew out a sigh. ?Come on, scoundrel. We?d better clean up this mess.?

Han looked from her to the wall and grinned. "Well, I see that Jaina and
    Jacen have taken to throwing their food at the wall." He grinned. ?They handle their frustration just like you do, Princess.? He gave her a wink.

Leia tried to look stern as she began to clean oatmeal from Jacen?s face, but she failed. Leia allowed a smile to creep over her face as she unbuckled Jaina and Jacen from the highchairs. She handed Jacen to Han.

?Awww, come on, Princess, it wasn?t that bad of a joke!?

Leia said nothing, but handed the other twin to Han, along with a washcloth.

?Awww, man!?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Recovering from the disturbance, Luke scrambled out of his bedroom, his wet hair
    momentarily forgotten. The disturbance had come from the sitting room and he was sure that it had come from Mara. His chest tightened as he realized she might have seen his work from the night before.

A piece of information that could destroy our friendship forever?

Luke bit back the thought, hoping desperately that she hadn?t seen the reader disk. Luke?s new alliance with Mara was too fragile and Mara was too closed emotionally?the last thing Luke wanted to do was make her uncomfortable. If she was uncomfortable, then Mara might shut herself off from him, and her friendship was extremely valuable to him, no matter what else he might feel towards her.

What else? She?s just a friend.

Luke came into the sitting room to see Mara sitting at his desk, anger flowing from
    her like a raging river. Luke tried to calm her, using the Force, but she turned around
    and charged at him.

She got very, very close to him, and suddenly stopped. Her face was inches from his, and he could see the fury raging in her green eyes just as well as he could sense it. She was trying to read him, trying to sense his emotions and feelings.

Luke was about to say something when Mara?s eyes narrowed. Her frown deepened, and she stepped away from him.

The next thing Luke felt was the hard, stinging contact of Mara?s hand with his face.

He barely noticed when she threw the reader disk at him and ran out the door, slamming it behind her.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Leia Organa Solo flinched in her seat on the floor, where she was playing with her children.

Luke? She could feel his pain. Someone had just hit him, hard. She shrugged it off, and calmed herself, for her children's sake. They weren't as in tune with their uncle as she was, but they could easily be affected.

Han

6. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Aunt Mara! Heehee!

7. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    that was great! i loved it. I am confused about one thing though. I didn't think the kids were old enough to talk? :confused:

inez

8. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Age of talking varies, inez. And these are Force-sensitive kids.

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I forgot to mention that I modeled little Jaina after my oldest niece - and it may have been the FORCE that helped Jaina to talk. ;)

Plus, they could be ~10 months old......so.....you never know.

:Awaiting more replies while my lunch cooks:

10. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    "Aunt Mawwa siwwly!"

Awww! That was sweet, Liz! :D

Poor Luke! Mara's not happy! I hope he's able to explain things to her and they can still be friends! :)

Great job! Keep it up!

AQ

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I was going to up this, but AQ got there first! Thanks AQ!!!

12. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Hmm.

Mara is not very happy. ;)

13. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I adore your sig, Obi-Zahn. ;)

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    up to the top before you fall to page 4.......

AngelQueen Thanks! :)
    Obi-Zahn Thanks :)

I'm aiming for chapter 3 to be posted next week and AngelQueen has graciously volunteered to beta it for me. I'll be working on it this weekend.

Now, excluding Emmi, anyone have any guesses regarding what'll happen next? ;) :D :)

15. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    So fun, Jedi_Liz!

I can just picture Mara so angry that she just can't... spit... out.... words...and just whollops the poor guy!

But do I sense a little tenderizing of Mara's cold cold heart with the Aunt Mara business? ;) Very cute! I wonder how long until she realizes it's fate, well, not that she reallizes it, but actually accepts it! :D

What's next.... hmmmm. Well, some more fury from Mara, that's for sure. I don't think it will be so easy for Luke to get in any kind of defense for himself any time soon! ;)

Looking forward to Chapter 3!
    ~Baroness

16. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    aww, Jaina likes Mara! too bad Mara doesn't like Luke. she must have slapped him pretty hard to bruise. ouchies.

Good work, Jedi_Liz! I definately like this version better. Can't wait to see what you do with Chapter Three :)

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Good job as always... I can't wait till my scenes get posted. :D

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I can't guess? Awww, man!!

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Emmi, you know too much.......I don't want the stormtroopers to take you away like they *took* Marawannabe away ;)
    Plus, we want readers to be in suspense, don't we? ;)

Chapter 3 is coming along nicely......I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what I have in store. :) :D

I forgot to mention that Emmi did write a little bit of chapter 2 - she added some to my final draft that I had sent her. :D :)

Last post for the night...... :)

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    UP UP UP and Away!

I need more replies to motivate me for chapter 3!

21. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Uppity up!

They're coming to take me away, haha, they're coming to take me away!!!!

*hides*

22. U_KnOwWhOo

U_KnOwWhOo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    Yay!
    "ouch" in more ways than one for poor Lukie. I bet getting the Lightsaber back might hurt just a little more than that slap [face_wince]

Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one... ;)

motivation hmmm? I'll think of something... [face_mischief]

23. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    More than just a slap? Ouch. Come on, Mara, he's already missing one limb!!

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I fell to page 6? :_|

I bet I'll get more readers after chapter 3 is posted..........

25. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    *looks at time, does some quick math to change to PST*

This has probably fallen a few pages by now. I'll add to the post count for Chapter 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.