main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightswords of Fury | 8 Mos Post TLC | L/M AU | TAGGED| Important Note - Please read

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I wish someone had replied since ismaren did last night....but oh well.......I'll be gone most of today, so I thought I'd up my story for others to read while I am gone. I'll be working on chapter 3 this weekend so hopefully, it'll be up my next wednesday........the 17th.......

Any more guesses about what will happen next??? here's a hint: go back to when I gave a clue, it's probably back on page 2......

2. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I know what happens next... but then you probably don't want me blabbing about it ;)

3. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    UP please.

Hmmmm. I had to go check your clues.... Hmmmmm..... I think I want to be surprised! :D (that's code for I have no idea!)

~Baroness

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    here's the hint again: someone from Luke's past returns.....and its NOT Callista (she does not exist in my story because she died on the Eye a long time ago).
    I don't know anything about Shira Brie (never read the comics) so its NOT her either.......that only leaves one person ;)

I'll work on Chapter 3 probably tomorrow (maybe some tonight).....I was gone most of today to a bigger city nearby to the zoo, a mall, a big furniture store that has an electronics/computers/etc department and a bookstore (B&N).

5. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm still totally lost. I gather It's a female that returns then? *thinks*

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Gosh, golly gosh - great Liz! You know better than to call me "Amidala" ;)

Am [face_love]

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I know, Amses ;)

I'm going to finish up chapter 3 to send off to AngelQueen, by this afternoon.

Hopefully, the next post will come Wednesday(probably/possibly late) or Thursday, depending on when she gets back from her short little trip. (She'll be gone Sunday-Wednesday and she's going to take chapter 3 with her to make notes on :D )

I don't know how long chapter 3 will end up being.......but its definitely going to be shorter than chapter 2 (that was 11 pages long! [face_shocked])

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, I know its ridiculous for me to be upping this *again*, but this fell to page 5 after I upped it this morning........

Chapter 3 has been sent to AngelQueen......I'm guessing it depends on how many changes she wants me to make, on when it gets posted. (I'm still aiming for wednesday or thursday or at the very LATEST, Friday........)

:::puts down a big plate of freshly baked cookies:::

hello?
    Anyone?

9. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Not getting a clear answer out of Mara, Luke walked back to his bedroom to dry his hair. Mara was about to think Luke was just insane, when the information at last scrolled onto the screen. Luke, drying his hair inside his bedroom, felt a great disturbance in the Force coming from his sitting room.

LOLOLOL!!!! A great disturbance indeed!!!

Oh, and the AUNT MARA SILLY - beautiful!!!

10. ismaren

Jun 4, 2002
    mmm, cookies :)

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    inez: Well, yes and no, as Emmi said, babies talk at different ages, and it may have been a *FORCE*-induced word. ;) (would *induced* be the right word?) (My oldest niece called me "GiGi" when she was around 10/11 months old - and my estimates say that Jaina and Jacen are closer to 10 months than to 8 months - and my youngest niece could say Mama or Dada by around 6 or so months or at least she was starting to......)

AngelQueen: Nope, Mara is not happy. He tries to explain and SLAP! He gets hit......hopefully he'll be able to explain without getting hurt again ;)

Obi-Zahn: Nope, she isn't happy!

Baroness: :::whistles::: I am not saying a word. You never know about poor Luke getting a defense for himself! ;)

JM-Anakin Solo: Yeah...your scenes will get a lot of replies.....but.....um.......

U_KnOwWhOo: where's that motivation you promised? ;)
    Yeah.....poor Luke.....all he does is give her a gift and she takes it the *wrong way*!

Amidala: Thanks for replying and supporting my writing!
    You were a great help with all those tips back in the beginning.

J_K Dart: Thanks for reading! Glad you liked the *Aunt Mara* part!

ismaren : Yup, it *really* bruised his face. I believe she probably slapped him on his scarred side - the one where he has the wampa scratch scar.

Okay, that should be everybody - don't try to pump Emmi for any kind of hints - she's on vacation! :)

And AngelQueen is too full of *ice cream* to say anything......

12. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Just a little UP for Miss Jedi_Liz!

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    up again......hmm, seems every other post I am making is an "UP"

I'll try to get a teaser line from chapter 3 up here as soon as I can.......

I know its hard to wait a week, but it'll be worth it.....and I'll probably put chapter 4 pretty soon after chapter 3, like on say, the next Monday or Tuesday, but that would only be if I think that chapter is ready.
    Or it might be because I might have a vacation trip planned.

If I do go on vacation, there will be *NO* story posts at all (probably wouldn't have internet access and anyway, my stories are kept on my desktop computer, not my portable one........) and I would count on my readers to keep this story "UP" for me ;)

If I do end up going on vacation, I will make an annoucement here........

Up!

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    1st draft of chapter 3 is back and 2nd draft is being written as I write this! :D

This *may* be a long chapter after all! (Depending on how much gets whacked by the beta reader!)

I hope you guys are still out there!

hmmm, I know what to do......

::takes a freshly baked extra extra large pizza out of the oven::::

Free Pizza!!!!

15. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    *sighs* I finally gave in to... uh... myself? and read this story... or at least this part of the revised thingy... can I have a link to the older one? Por favor?
    BTW, it's a really good story and I look forward to reading the rest! :)
    God bless!
    <3-Moose

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    here is a link to the ORIGINAL thread.......its not the best writing in the world and does *not* flow as well as this revised version does.........

OLD Lightswords thread
    Its locked, so you *can't* reply to it anymore.

Thanks for delurking, Malz!

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    about 5 hours since the last up.........I'll be heading for bed soon.......

update on chapter 3 2nd draft - its *now* the longest chapter yet, but that remains to be seen - when AngelQueen gets her hands on it. ;) :D :)

Good Night!

18. ismaren

Jun 4, 2002
    oooo, a long post! Long posts are very nice. Still trying to figure out who mystery person is that returns. My mind runs on autopilot over the summer.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was great, Liz. I loved how easily Mara found herself liking baby Jaina. It's good that she gave the lightsaber back since it clearly had different meanings for Luke and Mara when it was given.

Waiting happily for Chapter 3. :D

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Sara Yeah, well actually its *baby Jaina* that likes Mara ;).......and that will probably make some things difficult for Mara :D ;)

ismaren You still can't guess yet? Wow.....hmmm......I'll have to help you out there......think of someone who Luke met not long after the battle of Endor.......there, that probably *should* give it away!

If it actually stays around 18 pages, I may end up dividing chapter 3 into two parts, like Chapter 3 part A and Chapter 3 part B, but again, that depends.

:::puts out a plate of cinnamon rolls:::

There's nothing like *FREE* food to attract potential readers! ;) :) :D

21. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    well, shows how much I know about babies [face_blush] *looks at all the goodies* you sure know how to bribe us into staying Liz! :D *stuffs face*

inez

22. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    So Liz, do you keep hinting about a certain senator with multi-hued eyes????? ;)

23. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    FREE PIZZA!?!?! GIMME! :D I already gave my guess, but hints about a certain person whose name begins with a "G" are abundant as plot bunnies... :p

Saber

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Inez: Bribe? me? (discretely hands a $20 credit to Inez under the table and whistles)

Baroness: Your insight serves you well....... ;)

Saber: Same comment as I gave to Baroness ;)

As soon as AngelQueen gets back from her grandmother's house tomorrow night or Wednesday, and has looked over the next draft, I'll let you know if I'll be posting Wednesday or Thursday.

25. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Yay! But before Monday (please?) so I can read it before I go to Michigan! :)
    Can't wait for more!
    God bless y'all!
    <3-Moose
    *steals some of the free food that happened to be sitting right next to her*
    mmm...unprocessed fishsticks...
    wait a minute...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.