main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightswords of Fury | 8 Mos Post TLC | L/M AU | TAGGED| Important Note - Please read

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    UpUpUp! Keep it going Jedi_Liz!

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wow, 100 replies........and chapter 3 isn't even up yet ;) (And I have at least a total of 15 chapters planned - that may change)

I hope AngelQueen will be getting back soon......

There will probably be a small wait still, and I probably will be dividing chapter 3 into two sections.....if it stays at the length it is at. :) :D

A new reader! Thanks for the up, Jedi-Roxy!
    Hope you stick around!

3. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    up up and away!!!!!!!

4. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *gets a drumroll going*

This

is

an

UP!
    ;) [face_oliver_twist] Please sir, can I have some more? [/face_oliver_twist] ;)

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Up yet again........

hmmm......I need to attract more readers........

:::sets out a giant plate of cookies, a 75 gallon bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken, a giant pizza that keeps replenishing itself after eaten, a 25-gallon tub of no-melt vanilla ice cream (with a big 15 gallon bucket with a variety of toppings), and 15 2-liters of Pepsi:::: (Please share the Pepsi!)

Okay, when AngelQueen returns, the new post will be closer to posting time.....it probably will still need a few edits, but it *is* coming!

6. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Geez, when you go to bribe someone you go all out! Not to sound ungrateful, but next time could you include some Mt. Dew for me? If not that's okay, I like Pepsi too. (I'm jut addicted to Mt. Dew)

I'm loving Mara's reactions to everything. Han was just pure evil handing Jaina off to Mara so he could change Jacen. He better watch it, or Jaina might become Mara's apprentice. (Oh, wait she does. [face_blush] Maybe she'll become Mara's apprentice MUCH sooner, and in more things than the force ;) )

I too, am of the belief of a certain Madame Senator Captison making an entrance.

I'd bug you for the next post...but I realize it's out of your hands.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    *Looks around*

I see AQ isn't finished yet with Chapter 3. :(

Oh, well.

I'll just have to wait. ;)

In the mean the mean while, FORWARD! :) :) :)

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I am hoping AngelQueen returns tomorrow.......and quickly betas the next chapter......since its going to be so long......what I might do is divide it into two sections - like A and B. And, I would post one section tomorrow and one on thursday...........

UP!

oh, I found some mountain dew, for anyone who likes that!

9. Katy-Beth

Katy-Beth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Me me memememememe...I like Mt. Dew!!!! :D :D :D

Oops, I was probably a bit overenthusiastic. [face_blush]

I just finished baking some peanut butter and chocolate (duh on the chocolate) brownies to add to the pile of goodies. And here's my roll of duct tape so we can tell what belongs to who. (I hate it when somebody goes and steals my drink)

10. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    OH! HER!

I never liked her that much. Probably why I blocked her from memory.

now I get it, though. :D

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    upppppp

well, blocking (what would be a better word?) any unforseen problems, AngelQueen *should* be back today......which means............I will hopefully Post today!!!!!

If I do get a post in, it will probably be late, since the post was so long........

12. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    YOU HAD FRIED CHICKEN AND YOU DIDN"T BRING IT TO MY THREAD?????!?!?!?!?!?!?

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    You had the Dew to. ;) :D

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I brought chicken to your thread, Emmi! :D

Okay, AngelQueen is going to be gone a little longer so I got a substitute beta reader................the Queen herself, Amidala_Skywalker!!!!

Hopefully, this means I will have chapter 3 up ASAP! :D

Meanmwhile, since its morning in some places. here are some poppyseed muffins and assorted juices.........

and for those of you who are in a nighttime zone, here is another pizza :)

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    can't wait for that third chapter. Anyways, coolies on the second, sorry it took so long.

16. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    There goes my diet! Oh wait, I wasn't on a diet! *does cookie monster impression, shoving food in mouth faster than I can chew...looks around [face_blush] *

Oh. Sorry about the mess. Anybody have a napkin? How about a mop?

I'd better slow down or I'll look like my icon. :D *takes a closer look* Hey! Is it just me or does Comic Book Guy kinda look like Qui-gon? Hhmmm....

inez

17. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    hmmm......I need to attract more readers........

Okay, AngelQueen is going to be gone a little longer so I got a substitute beta reader................the Queen herself, Amidala_Skywalker!!!!

Liz- I'm here! :D :eek: AM?!? COOLIES!

Hey! Is it just me or does Comic Book Guy kinda look like Qui-gon? Hhmmm....

inez- Not exactly, that's Qui-Gon who was off the diet you weren't on. :p

Saber

18. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Dear me, my username can be indentified easily.

Righteo, I believe Liz has her chapter back and is preparing to post.

Am [face_love]

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Chapter 3 - Voice from the Past
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Han entered the apartment holding Luke's old lightsaber, he noticed that the usually bubbling centre of the Solo residence seemed to be uncommonly quiet. Leia came from the hallway, a finger touching her lips. She met him at the door.

"The twins are asleep and should sleep for at least an hour or more," she spoke in a whisper.

Leia slid past her husband, but Han stopped her, touching her arm gently.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Luke's apartment. I'm concerned about him."

With those final words, she exited, gently sliding the automatic door behind her.

Han stared at the closed door, a confused look appearing upon his face.

Well, at least she didn't notice that I had Luke's old saber,Han thought as he went to find a safe place to store it.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Luke was preoccupied by his continual work on the reader disks, when his door buzzer rang, announcing a visitor. Unwilling to have a repeat of what had happened earlier that morning, Luke was not taking any chances. He reached out with the Force to see who was at the door.

Leia? Luke asked, slight alarm showing in his tone at such a visit by his twin.

Who else would it be, little brother? Leia replied, giving off the Force equivalent of a chuckle.

Wondering what exactly his sister wanted, Luke got up to key the door in.

"Hello, Leia," he greeted her, as she walked into the sparsely furnished apartment.

"Hello, Luke." She gazed, puzzled, at his facial expression, before twisting round to confront the rest of the apartment.

"Luke? What are you doing?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, indicating to the reader disks piled by his data card reader, placed hazardously on his over-crowded desk.

"Doing some research," Luke answered, shifting from one foot to another, impatiently.

"Research?" Leia asked, raising her eyebrow again.

Luke walked towards the desk, motioning for her to follow him. He gestured towards the pile of reader cards.

"Do you remember the reader disks that Mother Rell of the Dathomirian witches gave me?"

Leia nodded.

"Well, I'm finally getting down to reading them. And, well, I found something that...? Luke's voice suddenly trailed off.

Leia nodded her head in understanding. "So that was what I felt this morning, the disturbance in the Force. Does this thing have anything to do with Mara Jade?"

Luke's face reddened.

Leia's sisterly instincts instantly kicked in. "So, *what* is going on, Luke?"

?Leia, once I manage to get my head round it, you?ll be the first or second to know.? Luke gave a very frustrated sigh, his eyes shying away.

Leia inclined her head to the side in slight surprise. ?The first being Jade??

?She?s entitled to hearing.?

Leia shook her head, tossing her hands onto her hips. ?It?s not the listening part I?m worried about; rather it?s what might follow ? like the hysterical yelling and some grave physical damage on your part.?

?It?s my risk to take,? Luke affirmed, firmly.

Leia watched in amazement as Luke's shoulders slumped, and his usually clear, smooth skin faded into dark circles under his eyes. Her eyes were wide with awe, until she realized that her brother must have deceived her with a Force-imposed disguise.

Aware of the fact that he needed his sister's concern, Leia took Luke's arm and gently led him to his couch. She forced him to sit down.

"Luke, you need to get some rest."

"You're not my mother, Leia. I never had a mother," he disclosed, sadly, a far away look in his eyes.

"What about Beru?"

"She tried to be a mother, but Uncle Owen wouldn't let her."

"That is precisely why you need mothering. Go get some rest. You are working yourself too hard," she commanded, her face scrunching up into a worried expression.

Luke gave Leia a forced smile

20. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    even though I dislike Gaeriel, this was still a great chapter. It should be interesting to see what happens at dinner.

21. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    SUPERB! The story continues to show MUCH promise! :D GOOD POST!

22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Hmm.

Mara is not going to be happy...

;)

Nothing like jealousy in the world...

23. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Good post! Love the L/L interaction!!

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    ISMAREN: Oh, you'll see.....you'll see.....Dinner will be very........ interesting....... ;)

DART: Thanks! And, Happy Birthday!

OBI-ZAHN: Mara is not happy.....but you really think she is jealous??? ;)

EMMI:Yup, Luke and Leia actually interact like normal brothers and sisters do.....complete with a little friendly fight about who is older........ ;)

When was the last time they actually *talked* in the regular profic? I'd probably say Tim Zahn's thrawn trilogy.

Anyone want to guess what'll happen during dinner?

I'll take guesses! :D :D :) ;)

25. Aprilise

Aprilise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.