Beyond Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I KNEW Wedge bet on the wedding. [face_dancing]

Very lovely, Liz. You capture Luke's mix of hard experience and farmboy naivety so well. Bravo. =D=
  2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    YodaKenobi, you have won the prize! You were the only reader to spot the classic star wars movie lines of

Go, me! [face_dancing]

*Accepts award, eyes filled with tears* I'd like to thank George Lucas for writing The Empire Strikes Back, and Harrison Ford for coming up with the perfect response to "I love you." I'd also like to thank my parents for making me watch that movie when I was little and getting me addicted enough that I know the dialogue backwards and forwards. Oh, and I need to thank God too, who made this all possible :_|

Sorry I'm late again :(

"What do you say we get a room at the Coruscant Arms Hotel this week?" Han asked, huskily.
    "But do you think the twins would want to stay there?"

So it's Leia's turn to be oblivious 8-}

Leia was slowly catching on and grinned. "I'll contact him and invite him for dinner. But I won't be responsible if Mara decides to kill you for lying about the real motive, okay?"
    Han gave her a lopsided grin, "As long as we get an evening to ourselves,"

A lot to risk :p

"Well, we had been planning to eat a dinner of ration bars and blue milk smoothies

Luke lives like a peasant :p I hope Mara didn't get used to that fancy dining from their first date 8-}

The next day, Han looked down at his children, who were sitting quietly on the floor. "Now, when Uncle Luke arrives, Jaina, I've got a special task for you. He might be bringing Mara with him -" At this point, Jaina squealed in delight. She hoped her uncle would bring "Aunt Mawwa" with him. "When he comes, Jaina, if Mara's with him, I want you to tug on her pant leg and give her the cutest look in the whole world, okay?"

[face_laugh]

Han Solo nuzzled his wife's neck. Then he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. "I wonder how Luke and Mara are doing with the twins?" Leia turned to him and said, "Luke who?" Han took that as a hint and shut the lights off.

[face_laugh]

//I love you, farm boy// She sent, as her turbo lift's doors closed.
    And with that, their adventure in twin sitting ended.

Awesome! :D

Good post, Liz =D= Lots of fun watching Luke and Mara wrangle with the twins.

Luke came to a decision. He was going to propose to Mara

:eek:

Corran perked up, "So, the rumor is true?"
    Luke cringed. Just how many of his Rogue Squadron acquaintances knew about him and Mara?

[face_laugh]

Word travels fast in Rogue-land.

"That'll be four hundred twenty six credits," Luke took out his republic credits card and handed it to the man. The man scanned the card and handed it back to him. He wrapped the ring's box in tissue paper and placed it inside a plain white bag. Luke took it and thanked the man, who gave him thumbs up, as if to wish him good luck. Luke blushed and left the store.

Aww, that was a sweet chapter.

Nice job, Liz =D= I can't wait to see Mara's reaction when Luke proposes :D

Great chapters!
  3. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    YodaKenobi ~ No Problem being late. I always enjoy your replies. And Luke was being sarcastic about the blue milk smoothies & ration bars. :p

I have some major house work (cleaning up stuff in my basement and other tasks) so I am not sure what time I'll be posting Chapter 15 on Monday. I might end up posting it on Tuesday instead (after I purchase "The Jungle Book" Platinum Edition @ Target).

However, chapter 15 is my LAST Prewritten / already beta-read chapter. I'm working on chapters 16 & 17 (will plan to write a little on Chapter 16 tonight unless I watch "Star Wars" again. :p . Actually I only really need to fix chapter 16 before emailing it off to the beta.

No Preview for Chapter 15 - it would spoil the chapter.
  4. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Chapter 15 - That Special Question

Luke decided tonight was going to be the night. He was going to 'pop the question' as the old

Tatooine proverb had said. His plan, if it worked out well, was to take Mara out for a nice dinner,

followed by a walk in the Memorial Gardens.

Wedge Antilles was in on the plan, too. He was going to arrange some security around the

gardens so Luke and Mara could have privacy when Luke popped the question. Wedge had hinted

several times he hoped to be included in the wedding party if Mara said 'Yes'.

It was the ten month anniversary of their first date, so Luke had already made plans to take Mara

out for dinner anyway. The ring was going to be in his pocket, secured in a small jewelry box.

He popped open the box to admire the ring. It gleamed in the light - a diamond with just a touch

of an Emerald green finish - perfect Luke had decided. The green matched Mara's eyes and the

diamond was traditionally the ring that was given as the special betrothal ring.

Mara was unaware that Luke had planned something special tonight. She glanced at her desk and

smiled. The piles of paperwork that had plagued her for months were finally done. Since

starting to date Luke, she had arranged with Karrde to be able to stay on Coruscant for as long as

possible. It made her happy knowing she had an actual apartment with a nice bed to sleep in,

instead of those hard bunks on the Wild Karrde.

Luke closed the jewelry box and put it in the pocket of his dressiest trousers. Then he went to

his com to call Mara.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, yourself. I'm finally done with my endless stack of paperwork." Mara added, in a pleased

tone.

"That's great! Maybe we should go out to celebrate?"

"Celebrate getting paperwork done? Isn't that sort of silly?"

"Well, actually, it?s not, because today is the ten month anniversary of our first dinner."

Mara glanced to the side of her screen at something Luke couldn't see, "You're right, it is."

"So, I was figuring we could go out for a nice dinner - " Luke crossed his fingers and hoped she

couldn't sense anything from him in the Force. I don't want the surprise to be ruined.

"That sounds great," Mara yawned.

"I was hoping you could wear that lovely dress you wore ten months ago, if you still have it?"

"It?s hanging in my closet. Haven?t worn it for awhile, but it still fits."

She eyed him, as if trying to read his thoughts. Luckily, Luke reflected, that was fairly difficult

to do over a com unit.

"Are you sure you just don't want to eat at Han and Leia's? They're always wanting us to eat

dinner with them."

"Nah, I just wanted to eat a nice dinner with the woman I love without the risk of having Jaina or

Jacen fling their dinner in my face--"

Mara laughed. "Or get frosting on your nose?" She said, reminding him of what had happened the

night of the twins' first birthday; the night their relationship had been discovered by Han and

Leia, quite by accident.

Luke laughed at the memory, "Exactly."

"Dinner out actually sounds nice. All I have here is ration bars and the last one I ate tasted a

little stale, to tell you the truth."

"I'll pick you up at 6:30 tonight, is that okay?"

"Sounds perfect. See you then!"

Luke disconnected, took a deep breath and went to prepare for their night out.

Luke dressed in his best outfit and patted the pocket of the trousers. The ring box was safe and

secure. If all went well tonight, he would be the happiest he'd ever been in a very, very long

time.

When he arrived at Mara's apartment to pick her up for dinner, she answered the door dressed in

the same dress she had worn out on their first date. She had fixed her hair nicely and she looked

even more beautiful than Luke had ever seen her before.

"You look gorgeous.? They kissed. Luke offere
  5. GeithJiseo2 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool! *rubs greedy little mitts* I can't wait to see where this is going.
  6. ChildOfWinds Chosen One

star 5

"Mara, will you marry me?"
    Mara opened her mouth to answer him.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you stop THERE, Liz????? LOL!

I loved it! I loved the whole thing! I read it from beginning until this last chapter this evening, and it was sweet and a lot of fun!

As I was reading about the cute wins and Mara though, I felt sad, thinking about how Jacen has changed so much and in such a terrible way, and how Mara is no longer alive in-universe. Thank goodness we have fan fic!!!!!!!

Thanks for writing this great story. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
  7. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    You're right. Loved this chapter. :)

Luke preparing all the little things... so good. So, so good.

More please?
  8. Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Master

star 3
    AHHH!! You're gonna leave us without an answer!!! You're evil [face_devil]!! I sure hope that means your gonna give us more really soon...

Great post. I loved how Luke had everything planned and was nervous. I'm actually surprised that Mara didn't know. More soon!

[face_cowboy]Jaina[face_cowboy]
  9. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    *reads*

*reads*

*falls over the cliff*

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! LIZ!

Curse you, you evil, fabulous, talented writer you! :p

Seriously, nice job. :)
  10. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    LIZ!!! THAT WAS EVIL!!!! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US RIGHT THERE?!?!?!

anyways, this was sooooo beautiful!!

Mara wondered what was going on, when Luke got down on one knee and fished out a box from his

pocket. Her eyes widened in amazement as he opened the box and showed her a beautiful

diamond ring, which in the moonlight sparkled green on top.

Say yes, Mara, PLEASE say yes!!!! Oh gosh, liz, you wouldn't have her say No, would you?! *considers* nah....you're not that mean, right?

Thanks for the PM, I'm sooo forgetful, muchas gracias for picking up the ball when I forgot! Huggles

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I had to do it....that was just soooo lovely!!
  11. PHGS_Weyr Jedi Master

star 4
    but but but... what did she say???????????? I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Story Liz, Thanks for the PM

PHGS Weyr
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
    Blissful wriggle and SQUEE!! What a romantic wonderful perfect evening. :* :* :* How could Mara say anything but yes?? I'm sure she's a melted puddle of goo like we are!!!! [face_love] [face_laugh]
  13. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    No, not author replies yet.....but since I was inspired by a lot of season 2 episodes of Lois and Clark................... O:) This question comes to mind: Should Mara ask "Who's asking, Luke or Superman?" [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_mischief]

14. Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Master

star 1
    Why did you have to stop????? You're horrible! Well, not really, but why did you stop?

~kass
  15. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    The ring was going to be in his pocket, secured in a small jewelry box.
    He popped open the box to admire the ring. It gleamed in the light - a diamond with just a touch
    of an Emerald green finish - perfect Luke had decided. The green matched Mara's eyes and the
    diamond was traditionally the ring that was given as the special betrothal ring.

I was thinking the same thing :D

Everything had proceeded as he had planned

Luke sounds like Palpatine with his plotting :p

As they rounded the corner to the plaque where Mara's friend's name was etched in the stone,
    Luke stopped. He put his arm around Mara comfortingly and then turned her to face him. Mara
    wondered what was going on, when Luke got down on one knee and fished out a box from his
    pocket. Her eyes widened in amazement as he opened the box and showed her a beautiful
    diamond ring, which in the moonlight sparkled green on top.

What a cliffhanger! :eek:

Good post, Liz =D= I can't wait to see what happens now. For some reason, I'm afraid Mara won't say yes and I'm not sure why [face_thinking]

Hope the next chapter is up soon :)
  16. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh!:eek: That was a cruel place to stop. How could she not say yes. Still I wonder if that crazy Wes Janson is going to somehow get into the picture and mess up the romantic situation. Sounds like something he would do. Not to be mean but just being an idiot. For his sake I hope I'm wrong but it would be so like him. Great job and thanks.@};-
  17. Jedi-2B Force Ghost

star 4
    I still have to go back and reread from the beginning sometime, but I did want to check out this chapter. Very romantic! NervousLuke is so cute. Though I'm not sure how Mara would react if she ever finds out that Wedge is lurking in the bushes on lookout. LOL!
  18. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Jedi-2B ~ Let's just say if Mara had to choose between Wedge Antilles & Wes Janson, she'd definitely choose Wedge. And she doesn't know Wedge is there......yet. And thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the whole rewritten parts cause they are a lot different than the original. :p

JEDIFLYSWATTER ~ Well, I think there are some more crazy cliffhangers out there......but you're lucky you'll get the next chapter before three months is up. The cliffhanger was inspired by The 2nd Season Finale of "Lois and Clark". O:)

YodaKenobi ~ But Palpatine said "as I have forseen"! not planned! And yes, I just had to have the cliffhanger right there. ;)

Jedi_Kassandra ~ Blame the writers of the Second Season Finale of "Lois and Clark" that's where I got the idea for the last line. [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes ~ I don't think a melted pile of goo......no, definitely not. Or there'd be nothing to give Luke an answer. ;)

PHGS_Weyr ~ Well, I can assure you that despite the fact that I was inspired by the Season 2 Finale of Lois and Clark, you won't have to wait a whole three months to hear her answer. [face_mischief]

Irish_Jedi_Jade ~ Not as evil as having to wait almost three months (or more) for Lois' answer after that Season 2 finale. It drove me crazy all summer......

Lank_Pavail ~ All too easy........Muwahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jedimaster_JainaSolo ~ I'm not as evil as..........making Lois & Clark fans wait at least three months for an answer!

DaenaBenjen42 ~ Patience, soon you will have a new post. ;)

ChildOfWinds ~ Glad you've enjoyed it so far! Profic has really ruined a lot, but I am so glad we have fanfic since its the only thing I read these days. I left it there cause I knew readers would be hungry for more.

GeithJiseo2 ~ well, hopefully you'll be satisfied with the next chapter.

Here's a tiny preview for Chapter 16, but don't get mad at me! ;)

The Star Wars Theme begins to play..........

One of the most interesting Love stories of the EU and fanfic: Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

{Announcer VO}: Five Days From Today on October 11th..........Mara answers Luke with a simple YES or NO.

Luke Skywalker, with his arms crossed, pushes "Star Wars" Logo out of the way. "Now hold on there a minute, when was the last time Mara Jade answered ANYTHING with a simple "Yes" or "No"?

/>
  19. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry for it taking me so long to respond, Liz. Thank you for the PM.

You left us hanging at such a critical moment! I can't wait to learn of Mara's answer...which will be yes of course. ;) Although it's possible she'll make Luke sweat there for a moment. ;) And Luke...what a sweetie!

Wonderful chapter. Looking forward to more. :)
  20. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    hehehehe, and now. . . we wait :D

lookin good liz :D
  21. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    nope, no post today. Planning to make you (and poor Luke) sweat just a little longer.

MirandaFair ~ [Yoda's Voice]So Certain Are you[/Yoda's Voice] [face_mischief]

maramijade ~ Just a few more days of waiting.8-}
  22. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Lovely proposal in the gardens. @};-

And you leave us there...

so evil. :p

23. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    JediTrace ~ You'll get your answer right now!

Chapter 16 - And the Answer Is?

Mara stared at the ring in the box. Her heart was beating rapidly. She looked into Luke's hopeful blue eyes and answered, "Yes,"

Luke took the ring from the box and slipped it onto her finger. Then he wrapped his arms around her, pulled her close and kissed her deeply. Their kiss would have lasted longer had it not been for the sounds of clapping and whistling.

Mara made a face and Luke felt her emotions start to descend to annoyance. "Hold on, Mara," he said, clasping her hand tightly. "Wedge?"

Wedge Antilles and his girlfriend Iella came from their hiding spot, with guilt evident on their faces. "Sorry, Luke, we couldn't help ourselves!" Wedge said, grinning from ear to ear.

"It isn't every day that we can witness such a beautiful event," Iella said, glancing meaningfully at Wedge.

"Oh, uh, we'll let you go on your way," Wedge said, taking the visual hint that Iella had given him.

Wedge and Iella walked ahead of them to provide "cover". Before the two couples parted at the entrance to the Gardens, Wedge slyly hinted once again that he wanted to be in the Wedding Party. Luke answered with a nod then he and Mara went on their way back to their apartment building. When they reached her apartment, Luke whispered "I Love You" and kissed her goodnight. She responded with her own //I Love you, too// via the Force. She went to bed that night, admiring her engagement ring.

At the Solo Apartment

Leia was finishing up cleaning up after dinner while Han was putting Jacen and Jaina to bed. An unusually high amount of happiness hit her in the spot where her twin bond with Luke was and she grinned from ear to ear. If what she suspected it was about was true, there would soon be another family member at birthday celebrations and Winter Fetes for many years to come.

At Rogue Squadron Headquarters

Corran Horn was the last to leave the simulator room and even he felt a surge in the Force of undeniable radiant happiness. He had a sneaking suspicion what had just happened, but he didn't want to say anything out loud to Hobbie or Tycho as long as Wes Janson was in the vicinity.

A few weeks later, Luke and Mara were headed for Han and Leia's to celebrate Winter Fete, as had been a tradition for Han, Luke and Leia since the temporary defeat of the Empire at Endor. Mara was carrying her present in her hand, which cleverly was hiding her engagement ring adorned on her finger. A week ago, they had gone together to pick out special gifts, specifically for the twins, to announce to Luke's family that they were getting married. They had each picked out a unique gift announcing this and then wrapped them together at Luke's apartment the night before.

Luke rang the door buzzer and they waited. A few minutes later, an uncomfortable looking Han Solo answered. He was dressed in what Luke suspected had been his General's dress uniform cleverly modified into a formal suit. The pained expression on his face told Luke that he didn't want to dress up. Behind him, the twins stared at the arrivals, each of them dressed in their best. Jaina had her hair done in small braids, was wearing a yellow dress with white tights. Jacen looked like a miniature Han Solo, from the little suit he was wearing to the exact same pained expression on his face.

"Han, don't just stand there, let them come in!" Leia's voice called from another side of the living room.

"Sorry." Han said, moving aside to let them enter the room. The living room was decorated for Winter Fete. Han had managed to get a tree somewhere and it was decorated with various ornaments, hung up high so they would be out of the twins' reach.

"Happy Winter Fete!" Leia said, coming forward to hug her brother and his girlfriend.

"I can take your gifts," Leia offered, reaching for the gift that Mara was holding. Mara/>
  24. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
  25. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Whee a new post!!! Just the thing to happy me up before a two hour geometry test....*yay!*

Liz, that was spendtabular! You made my day, I'm ESTATIC she said yes...and what an awesome way to tell Han and Leia!! I'll have to remember that for someday...:D (Someday in the very far future!) Lovely lovely job!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade