main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Aww! That was amazing..well worth the wait. And i have to admit, you aren't as evil as the Lois & Clark writers.haha.

I loved the family interaction, especially Jaina's obsession with Mara. Wonderful post!

[face_cowboy]Jaina[face_cowboy]

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Aww that was great!!!!

Thanks for the PM

PHGS Weyr

3. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    WOW! That was great!

I can't wait for the next post!!!

=D==D==D==D==D=

4. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    W00t! Very nicely done, Liz. Love the gift idea, both Mara's and Leia's. :D

[voice_Animal]Wedding! Wedding! Luke and Mara Wedding![/voice_Animal]

:p

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *happy sigh* So, so wonderful, all of it. :)

"My Aunt Loves Me" has got to be the cutest way to announce an engagement ever. Loved that.

Good, good post. :)

6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

DaenaBenjen42
    *happy sigh* So, so wonderful, all of it.

"My Aunt Loves Me" has got to be the cutest way to announce an engagement ever. Loved that.

I completely agree with DBJ 42 and couldn't have said it better!

I only wish that Wedge and Iella hadn't been discovered quite so soon. LOL! I would have liked a little more "mush" between Luke and Mara first. ;)

I was pleased but shocked that Mara let Luke off the hook so easily and said "Yes!' right away. Loved it!

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    All's forgiven in love and family!

And of course she said, "yes!" A great proposal and got to love the Antilles' hanging about in the garden. Priceless!

Wonderful chapter, Liz! =D=

8. jedi_janson_

jedi_janson_ Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
  9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Mara stared at the ring in the box. Her heart was beating rapidly. She looked into Luke's hopeful blue eyes and answered, "Yes,"

Yay :D

"Oh, let me see," Leia said, coming to take the shirt. Unfolding it, she revealed it was white with the embroidered words in purple pronouncing "My Aunt Loves Me".

Aww, that was a sweet way to reveal it [face_love]

"'My Aunt Loves Me'? I don't have any sisters that I know about, Leia, and we're sure there wasn't a Skywalker triplet, right?" Han asked, visually examining the shirt while standing next to his wife.

[face_laugh]

To Miss Mara Jade:
    On Orders of the New Republic High Council, we hereby give you pardon for crimes committed under the influence of Emperor Palpatine.

Wow, I'm sure that means a lot to her :)

Very sweet post, Liz [face_love] I love Winter Fete :p

Looking forward to what you have for us next :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    [image=http://jediliz.net/michaela_shirt.jpg] is the shirt that inspired the gift for Jaina. My three nieces have all worn this shirt since my oldest niece started to wear it when she was 2 years old. Not sure if my youngest niece (3 1/2 years old) can wear it anymore or she still owns it. :p The only difference is the wording and the color of the shirt. ;)

I only have one more chapter pre-written & beta read (Chapter 17), so I seriously have no clue when chapters following that will be ready for posting -- I'm still trying to write chapters 18 - 20. Chapters will probably not be as regular after Chapter 17 due to difficulties with writing.

11. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    That was so sweet. Hell, I could of never of said no to Farmboy. I think it was funny that Han was clueless there for awhile. That does not happen to often. That was great and thanks.@};-

12. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    Another great chapter Liz. Sorry if I've been lurking a little too long (I tend to do that) but I have been following this fic closely. Lovely bit when Luke proposed with Wedge and Iella hiding out so they could watch, too cute!

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    cggunnersmate ~ No problem. Glad you delurked for this chapter. :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER ~ Its the eyes, I tell ya. No one (not even Mara) can resist those baby blues. ;)

YodaKenobi ~ Han can be very clueless at times. [face_laugh] More in store soon, but its my last chapter that's all ready for posting, so.......

jedi_janson_ ~ Thanks for reading!

MirandaFair ~ Wedge was there to provide security and Iella just couldn't resist coming along. [face_whistling]

ChildOfWinds ~ As I told FlySwatter, its the eyes. No one can resist those baby blues.

DaenaBenjen42 ~ My original of this story had the same shirt and almost the exact same way. So, I just rewrote that scene.

Lank_Pavail ~ No wedding YET, Animal! They have much to do before the wedding day will come.

GeithJiseo2 ~ Soon, the post will come. But its my last already written/already betaed post, so the next posts after it will be delayed. Hope that won't drive you crazy.

PHGS_Weyr ~ Thanks for reading! And always willing to send PMs out.

Jedimaster_JainaSolo ~ If I was as evil as Lois and Clark writers, not only would you have had to wait three months for a solution........

Irish_Jedi_Jade ~ Then I guess the post made you giddy with excitement. Hope it didn't mess your test up. :p

Jade_eyes ~ And you did a good job of keeping her answer hush hush. [:D]

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO THOSE ON MY PM LIST

Please remember to open your PMs once you've read & posted or just read and lurked. I don't want a pile of unread PMs to plague me. I can only have 5 unread PMs per person before I can't send them anymore. And since I don't necessarily know when the next chapter will come (after Chapter 17), you need to keep the PM inbox clean, so you can receive the PMs. If anyone else wants PMs, please let me know and you'll be added to the sock's WUL to send PMs out to.

I'll probably post chapter 17 on Thursday the 18th, so here's a tiny preview:

[color=purple]
    [blockquote][b]
    "Leia's here."

"So? She's your sister, it's her right to barge in." Mara smiled.

"Well, she brought a few [i]things[/i] with her."

Mara caught on. "Oh, I think I know what you're getting at. I suppose she needs me to come by and help you pick out a tux?"

"Something like that."

"Well, this paperwork can wait. Karrde won't mind. I'll be there in fifteen." She disconnected.

"Is she coming?" Leia asked, finishing lining up her data pads in a neat row.

"Yes, but she's not aware that it?s a wedding dress she's supposed to look at. She thinks she has to help you pick out a tux for me."[/b][/blockquote]
    [/color]

14. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jun 25, 2003
    haha. I can just imagine her face when she finds out....

Cool teaser, can't wait for the real thing!

15. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Aww, such an awesome way to announce an engagement! My mom just got engaged last month, and I actually saw her ring before she told my siblings and I because it sparkled so much.

I loved the preview...Mara dress shopping...can't wait!

~kass

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Jedi_Kassandra ~ Probably not quite what you're expecting.

Warning: This is my last already written/already betaed chapter. I will be out of town for a few days and probably won't be writing on the computer. I have no idea when the next chapter will be ready (Chapter 18 is the one I mean). I am still trying to write it. So, for a week or two, there probably won't be a new chapter.

Chapter 17 - [b]Planning a Wedding is harder than infiltrating the Death Star[/b]

A few weeks following the announcement of her brother's engagement, Leia showed up without warning at his apartment. She was armed with a pile of data pads, hoping to help plan this wedding and make it a great success.

"Uh, hello, Leia," Luke said after he had answered his door. He glanced at his sister and then at the numerous data pads in her hands.

"Where's Mara?"

"I assume she's probably in her apartment immersed in another round of paperwork for the Smuggler's Alliance."

"Well, can you give her a call? I need her to take a look at these dress pictures I brought." She held up one of the data pads.

"Okay, but I don't think she can take a break --"

Luke went over to the comm and punched in the code for the direct line for Mara's apartment. At first, Mara looked slightly irritated at the interruption but her expression brightened when she saw it was her fiancé.

"Luke, what a pleasant surprise!"

"Who called you before me? A sales droid?"

"Yes, one of those irritating 'won't take no for an answer' droids. I told him Wes Janson would be happy to buy its product." She grinned mischievously.

Luke chuckled, "You [i]are[/i] bad, Mara!"

"What's up?" Mara asked, momentarily glancing down at what Luke suspected was her latest datapad from Karrde.

Luke glanced to the side where he could see his sister lining up the datapads next to each other on the small table in front of his couch.

"Leia's here."

"So? She's your sister, it's her right to barge in." Mara smiled.

"Well, she brought a few [i]things[/i] with her."

Mara caught on. "Oh, I think I know what you're getting at. I suppose she needs me to come by and help you pick out a tux?"

"Something like that."

"Well, this paperwork can wait. Karrde won't mind. I'll be there in fifteen." She disconnected.

"Is she coming?" Leia asked, finishing lining up her data pads in a neat row.

"Yes, but she's not aware that it?s a wedding dress she's supposed to look at. She thinks she has to help you pick out a tux for me."

Leia grinned, "She can do that, too. I've got a data pad with pictures right here." She held up one of the data pads and Luke groaned. With Leia in charge, he was sure to end up wearing some really fancy and overly formal tux.

Mara arrived just as she said she would, but grimaced when Leia took her arm and led her directly to the couch to look at wedding dress pictures. The two ladies were deep into discussion when Luke decided they would need some refreshment.

Leia looked up and noticed him trying to sneak into his kitchenette. "Oh no you don't!" She exclaimed, jumping up and going to grab his arm. "This is your wedding, too, and you're going to participate in planning it. If you don't help, I'll make sure that Threepio is the one that has the rings."

That reminded Luke of something: something he had yet to decide. "Leia, has Han expressed any interest in being my Best Man?"

"Actually, we just assumed he would be. Why?"

"Well, I've sort of got a dilemma. You see, Wedge Antilles was a great help that night I proposed and I sort of indirectly promised him he could be in the Wedding Party."

"He can be a groomsman, can't he?"

"I think I know what Luke's getting at, Leia," Mara interjected. "He's trying to be nice, but I think he was planning on Wedge being Best Man?" She looked at her fiancée and raised an eyebrow.

Luke shrugged, "I sort of want both of them, a

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    HEE!! The title!! [face_laugh]

Love the custom vows. They're more mushy than the standard ones. :)

And the dress.... *sigh* It'll suit Mara to a T!! :D

18. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent, excellent work! I love it.

Up you go so others may enjoy. :)

19. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jun 25, 2003
    SWEET!! I've been waiting all day for this!

Loved the title...ironic how the "peaceful" situations are always the most difficult. I like the way you have Leia helping plan the wedding and not taking over like in most fics....unless this is simply a more covert way of controlling ito_O...but, nah, i forgot we already established your not too evil..haha. Anyway, I have a feeling Karrde won't be as surprised as Mara thinks...BTW, I think it'd be sweet for Karrde to give Mara away :D.

Great post! Really enjoyed it!

*Is waiting patiently for a couple weeks*

Oh, who am I kidding? Can't wait for more!!!

20. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Mara just put a dark gree gree on her mojo. Planning weddings are pure Hell. At least they have no mother-in-laws to deal with. Luke needs to remember what Han says 'Yes dear.' Great job and will miss you the next couple weeks.@};-

21. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    LOL That was really good!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

22. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I'll add my laughs to the title. Very appropriate! [face_laugh]

And Mara hasn't told Karrde yet? Hmm - she best get to it unless she wants the holonews to break it to him first.

And I adore her kiss cutting off Luke's protests... [face_love] That is one way to quiet a Farmboy. LOL Well done!

23. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    That was good, I loved Mara's complaints about the dress--no room for the lightsaber? Shame.

~kass

24. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    This was a fun chapter! So Han may be "odd man out", huh? I'm not sure he'll take that all that well! I bet he WAS assuming he would be the best man. After all, he and LUke have been close buddies for YEARS, and Han IS Luke's brother-in-law. Hope there won't be any hard feelings!

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    just doing 2 replies right now since I need to shower and get dressed for Church.

MirandaFair ~ The Holonews doesn't know about the engagement yet. This isn't like UNION.

ChildofWinds ~ Luke's got a plan that will.......well, its in the chapter I am still writing so you'll see hopefully by November 1st or 2nd.