main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    wrote (well, mostly revised some of what I had written) on the story today. Just need to find a good place to end this part of the chapter and then I can post it after a quick beta.

Then the third part will come and the story will officially end. I want to move on to new star wars fanfic stories I am writing, so that's why I will end after the 3rd part of this chapter.

2. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    So that means a new post soon!!!![:D] [:D] [:D] :D :D :D :)

3. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    * Squeals in delight*
    A new update soon? Yipee!!!!

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I am sorry it took forever to get this done.

Chapter 20 Part 2/3

Inyri Forge was waiting for them as they exited a back door. She stood by a large enclosed air speeder. Inside, Jari'kyn sat next to a clothes bar on which hung the bridesmaid dresses, Jaina's little dress and covered by a dark garment bag, the wedding dress. She rolled down her window and waved at them.

Iella grinned at Inyri, "Thanks for helping out. We were concerned paparazzi or a relative of Wes Janson?s would see us at the dress shop. Did you have any trouble?"

Inyri shook her head. "No trouble at all. Jari'kyn did need me to identify myself with a special code phrase you had set up, just to make sure I wasn't some imperial spy trying to disrupt the wedding by stealing the dress, though."

Mara raised a questioning eyebrow at Iella. "Oh, that's right...I forgot to tell you. The day we went in for the final fitting, Leia and I decided we needed to take precautions in case we would have to send someone else to pick the dresses up. We came up with a code phrase that would identify the messenger as legitimate. When we realized we would need Inyri's help, Leia agreed to give her the code phrase last night and did so over a secure channel."

Just then, Jari'kyn interjected, "Ladies, we can chit chat in the speeder. I need to help the bride get dressed and it may take a little while. Plus, I am sure Jaina will want to get her dress on, too."
    Mara nodded, "She's right. Let's go," And with that, Leia lifted Jaina into the speeder and buckled her into a car seat, while Iella got into the seat next to Inyri. Mara sat on the other side of Jaina. The speeder lifted off and went on its way to the Naboo Embassy.

Meanwhile, as the ladies were on their way to the Embassy, Luke Skywalker was still fast asleep in his apartment. Artoo Detoo, loyal droid and hero of many battles, rolled into his master's bedroom and extended his shock arm, aiming right for his master's feet.

"Ye-oww!" Luke cried, his eyes popping open. "Artoo, what are you doing? Why are you shocking me at this ho-?
    He cut off when he looked at his chronometer next to his bed and realized the time. He had nearly overslept on his wedding day. The ceremony would take place in just a few short hours and he still had to get dressed and wait for Han to pick him up. He affectionately rubbed Artoo's dome. "Thanks buddy," He sauntered off to the in suite refresher and shut the door.

Artoo tweetered and twuttered in reply and rolled off to the living room to be ready to greet Han or Wedge when they arrived.

At the Solo suite, Han Solo was struggling to get his son Jacen to cooperate while he tried to dress him in his little formal suit. "Jace, please hold still for dad-do, okay?" Jacen screamed in reply, hitting his little fists against the couch arms. Then, a familiar stench filled the air. Han grumbled as he took the squirmy two year old back to the nursery. This just wasn't his day.

Luke exited his bedroom's refresher, freshly dressed in a beige tunic. It would be replaced in just a few hours and he wanted to be comfortable for a little while longer before donning the itchy tux.

He looked at his chronometer again and saw it was getting close to the time they needed to be at the embassy. Where WAS Han?

Han Solo held his nose with one hand, as he tossed the dirty diaper in the bin with another. Jacen was freshly changed and playing nicely on the floor of the nursery with his stuffed baby bantha. Unfortunately, now there was no way he would be able to get the tuxes picked up with a toddler in tow.

Plus, he needed to wait for Chewbacca who had commed earlier to tell him he was going to land soon. Keeping one eye on Jacen, he wiped his hands with a sanitary solution, then pulled out his commlink and changed to a secure channel. He hated to do this, but he needed to call on his co-best man to get the tuxes AND pick Luke up.

Wedge Antilles had been anticipating this day for a long time; the first original Rogue Squadron member to get hitched.
    His commlink buzze

5. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Yeah you posted.

I am happily awaiting an ending!

Who would have ever guessed wedge and Han be late for something.

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Han having to go back to the nursery for diaper change... precious!!!!!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved how even with the hectic activity, things do seem to be going without a hitch. :D One of the advantages of two "best men" LOL

Having a coded phrase is a great idea too.

8. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Loved Artoo's version of a wake-up call! [face_laugh]

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I hope I'll get more replies...been two weeks since I updated...

Padme ~ They're men and men can be late when they don't ask for directions. Wedge doesn't have a huge excuse, but Han does, considering he's got a two year old in tow.

jade_eyes - Yes, and no imperials trying to stop the wedding this time

Daena ~ well, Jacen is a stinker and Han can use that as an excuse when Leia asks him why he was late.

Book-Geek ~ Thanks! Artoo's shocker has to be good for something besides making Salicious crumb jump away and scaring Yoda.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This was a really fun update. I hope you will continue/finish soon. :D

@};-

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I need to write the ceremony and the reception and the story will be finished with that being the last part.

To told you over, though, here are some pictures of what the dresses might look like, except Mara's:

from http://www.therosedress.com/

Jaina's "flower girl" dress

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/jediliz/Lightswords/jaina_flower_dress.jpg]

From http://www.beautifullymodest.com/

Iella's Maid of Honor Dress:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/jediliz/Lightswords/Iella_maid_honor.jpg]

Leia's Matron of Honor Dress:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/jediliz/Lightswords/Leia_matron_honor.jpg]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those are lovely :).

13. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Those are all so pretty!

14. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    I really like the blue one!!!!!!!!

They are all beautiful

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm trying to get back into writing this so I can get the story finished. The last part of the chapter is a little difficult because I have to write the vows. I may just go with very simple vows for them since this is a small ceremony (small meaning a very small guest list). The other problem lies with the speeches by the best men and Matron of Honor. I may just abridge their speeches a little. So, hopefully I'll update this soon and can finally call it completed so I can start working towards a new story.

Thanks for your patience.

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I was going to try to update this by Valentine's day, but I won't be able to. Once the boards are moved, I WILL UPDATE.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That's probably best :p now that we sorta have a kinda prospective timeline [face_laugh]

Looking forward to the vows - SQUEE!

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    until the Truncating is fixed, I won't be posting a new chapter (I need to be able to see the exact spot I left off at with the men) Not sure when these threads get autolocked....so, just bumping this for now.