main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    No, she did not retrieve the lightsaber.......yet........question is.....how will she get it now? Mind tricks only work once or twice on Han......and Leia knows that. ;)

Your welcome for the PM! Mara might be realizing it quite soon, but that's all I can say.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?Boring political stuff. Probably not your area of interest.?
    ?You?re right.

[face_laugh]

?Jade, can?t this wait? We?re just starting dinner.?
    ?Thanks for inviting me.?
    With the unseen flick of her hand, Han started and then said, ?Sure thing Jade. Go take a seat.?

[face_laugh]

I love Mara [face_love]

Another good post, Liz :D Very cute :)

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I love the interaction and Mara's jealousy. Well done. (I mean it.)

Good post and thank you kindly for the pm. :)

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    YodaKenobi - Mara's a charmer, isn't she?

DaenaBenjen42 - Gotta love that Mara and how she's in denial. And you are very welcome for the PM!

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    can we say BUMPITY bumper bump?

Chapter 5's back from the beta, but I won't be posting it for a week. That'll give any LURKERS a chance to get caught up. ;)

6. Tattoine_teenager

Tattoine_teenager Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2006
    whoa that totally rocked (marathon read w00t) can i get on the PM list as well?
    TT

7. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    hahahaha, I must say I'm absolutely loving this!!! I'm sort of waiting for a scene where Han gets his hands on the data disk of Luke's that says the thing about everlasting love and confonting Mara about it, saying that he's already married. hahahahaha. Yup yup, but anyways, this is a really interesting fic, and I would love to get a pm if I could!!!

~Jen~

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    TatooineTeenager & BottledupInside - you've both been added to the list

Just have time for a minor "bump" tonight as its very late and I was out of town and didn't get home until 45 minutes ago.

I should probably post chapter 5 at the end of this week or by August 28th.

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 5 - Gaeriel?s Lament

Gaeriel Captison was awoken from her sleep by the urgent ringing of the communicator next to her bed. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she wondered who was calling her at such an early hour.

Propping herself up against her pillows, she leaned over to answer.

?Hello.?

?Gaeriel??

?Aunt Tiree?? Gaeriel?s grogginess changed to alertness. Her Aunt would never call her this early, unless -

?Yes, sweetheart, its me. I have some really bad news.?

A thousand thoughts swirled through Gaeriel?s head. The Empire had taken over Bakura again. Uncle Yeorg had been arrested. She had been fired. However, she never thought the worst would have happened.

?What is it, Aunt Tiree??

?Eppie Belden passed away last night.?

?Not Eppie.? Gaeriel breathed, tears forming in her eyes.

?I?m sorry I had to be the one to tell you; And right in the middle of that important conference. The funeral is in a few days. Do you think you?ll be able to make it??

?I?ll let the conference leader know. And I?ll be on the first transport home that I can find.?

?I?ll see you then.?

?Bye, Aunt Tiree.?

The tears she had been holding back since her aunt told her that one of her best friends had died flowed down her face in buckets. Every time she tried to wipe them away, more appeared.

Her plans to see Luke Skywalker again had been crushed. She knew in her heart that it would be the last time she would ever see him again.

She walked towards the refresher. She had to make herself presentable to tell him goodbye.

~*~

?Artoo, can you check the stabilizer again? ? Luke Skywalker called up to his faithful droid, who was working diligently.

Artoo Detoo warbled a few beeps and extended his arm attachment to twist and turn a few more of the instruments in his droid compartment on the X-Wing.

~*~

Gaeriel had dried her tears and was holding more back as she keyed the number for Luke Skywalker?s apartment. After several minutes of getting no response, she tried Han and Leia?s.

?Leia here.? Leia Organa Solo said as she answered the communicator. In the background, Gaeriel could see that the apartment was full of chaos.

?Hello, Leia.?

?Gaeriel? Is something wrong?? Leia noticed that Gaeriel?s eyes were red, as if she had been crying.

?Yes. I have to cut my visit short. A close family friend died.?

?Oh Gaeriel, I am so sorry. ?

?Thanks. I was wondering if you know where Luke was??

?I think he was planning to do maintenance on his X-Wing. He should be in Hangar 2-7-1. That?s where he keeps his X-Wing.?

?Thanks, Leia.?

?You?re welcome, Gaeriel. And again, I am sorry for your loss.?

?Thank you, Leia.?

After talking to Leia, Gaeriel felt better, but the ache over the loss of her friend Eppie was not going away. Now she had to say goodbye to Luke and she could leave Coruscant.

Gaeriel dried her tears again and walked into the hangar, looking for Luke. Finally, she spotted him lying on a maintenance trolley working on the underside of an X-Wing.

Luke must have sensed her coming as the trolley slid forward to reveal him.

?Gaeriel?? He looked up at her, and could sense her feelings of sadness.

?I came to say goodbye, Luke.?

?I thought you were here all week for a conference?? He wiped his hands on a towel then stood up.

?I was, but early this morning I received some bad news. I must leave immediately.?

Luke could tell by the sorrowful expression on her face that the bad news was distressing as well.

He gently touched her cheek to wipe away a tear, then he pulled her close for a hug.

?I?m sorry for your loss, Gaeri.?

?Thank you, Luke.?

He broke the embrace and she walked back to the hangar?s entrance. She held up a hand and waved goodbye, walking out of his life forever.

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Very good post. :) Poor Gaeriel.

11. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Great post! more soon?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great post. :D :D
    I think that in the original Lightswords, Mara saw Gaeri & Luke and thought there was more to their encounter than just friendship. Since they just hugged in this one, even if she saw something, it wouldn't fire her jealousy? Or did she just catch the tail end and think there was steamy something going on? [face_laugh] Gracious, I'm loving this. :)

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Yes, in my original posting, Mara was spying on Luke for some reason or another. And at the time, I had to split the old chapter 5 up into two parts due to losing my original beta. Anyway, I decided to make the chapter short and sweet this time around.

Mara will return in chapter 6,though. [face_mischief]

I had to have Gaeriel have a reason to depart and sadly, this is the only way she could depart this early.

Hopefully within the next two or three weeks. I'm trying to figure out what must go into chapter 6 - its only partially written at the moment. I also will be having my regular beta and a "special" beta looking at chapter 6 and it depends on their schedules.

14. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Poor girl. :(

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    So sad :( Good post, Liz.

16. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    *sniffles* aww, poor Gaeri. So sad. Well, now Mara can have Luke all to herself.

~kass~

17. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Good post.

But poor Gaeriel :_|

18. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006

I feel sorry for Gaeriel but at least Mara doesn`t have anyone to be jealous of at the moment. Can`t wait to see what happens with the reluctant couple.

D. JadedO:) :-B

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara? Jealous? :eek:[face_mischief][face_whistling][face_thinking]

I had to have a way for Gaeriel to leave and this was the only way I could do it.

But Mara doesn't know that YET (that she wants Luke all to herself).

Yes, poor Gaeri. :(

Thanks. Yes, very sad, but it had to be done.

Still trying to work my way through rewriting chapter 6. I'm going to the state fair tomorrow so not much time to write probably and wednesday I've got to do more cleaning like I did today. Hopefully I'll still try to aim for sometime in September. It depends of course on my muse. :p

20. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :: shakes head:: trying to be sneaky, isn't Mara ;)

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Mara not sneaky? Nah.......

I'm having trouble with chapter 6, so I probably won't get it posted for a few weeks. Though I am hoping that I will get it posted by the 21st.

22. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Great chapters!!

It was nice to see Gaeriel - I've always liked her. Too bad she has to leave under such sad circumstances. :(

Looking forward to the next update. :D

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Thanks Trace.

If my muse returns (right now I think she's somewhere in the Caribbean sneaking aboard The Black Pearl)
    I hope to get chapter 6 posted by the end of September - but its giving me an extra hard time.....just can't rewrite the old chapter 6.....have to rewrite it differently....yet the same.......

READERS: Please let me know if you want to be on the Updates PM list. There are currently 18 people on my list.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Eep! Liz's muse skipped town. :p [face_frustrated] Seriously, would it help to toss ideas around & brainstorm with the readers some? Perhaps, we could discuss ideas here or at the MJS Discussion Thread? [face_thinking] I can't imagine anyting more aggravating than having to keep something sorta the same but changing it too. Hmmm. That's a toughie. ;)
    Edit: Sending a begging, pleading up/bump. :D

25. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Special bump for Liz!! Hopefully she will get her muse back!