main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Only if shopping was that easy. I hate it. Can not wait for the date and glad to see your muse back and functioning. Good job and thanks!@};-

2. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    hope you dont try our patience so much any more ;)

nice update

does Leia know who is Maras date :)?

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *giggle*

Loved the update. Very well done. :)

4. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    Yep, Jaina really has a good taste in clothing. That was really good. =D= I can't wait for Mara and Luke's date!!! [face_love]@};-

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Date? Who said anything about a date? [face_whistling]

Thanks!

Why do you assume it will be a Date? ;) [face_whistling]

Everyone assumes its a Date! [face_laugh] [face_whistling]

Date? Luke would probably say, "Its not a date! Its just Dinner! At a fancy restaurant with a woman who isn't my sister".....oh no..........Luke runs away fast..... ;)

Luke's spokesperson has this message from Luke (who is hiding):

"Its not a date!"

Spokesperson thinks Luke is in denial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8 is currently in progress, but I can't make any guarantees of a post date. I've only got a few pages written and its not even to the dinner part.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    It's not a date? [face_thinking] Hee!!! That's like "I love you like a friend" in RedGold's Last Dance. Total denial. [face_laugh] Us readers aren't fooled a bit!!! :) [face_laugh] [face_love]

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    "Mara, I am so sorry. Artoo just reminded me that I have an important meeting with a Council member. I'll make this up to you, I promise."
    Mara rolled her eyes. ?Whatever.?

That didn't go over well :p

"Okay, I hear Dexter's Diner is a good place." Mara said, not thinking.

Yay. I love that place :D

"Don't scold her, Leia. She has good taste." Without another word, Mara went off towards the dressing rooms, the dress draped over her arm.

[face_laugh]

Good post, Liz :D I can't wait to see what happens at dinner :) Glad to see you back to posting.

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Yoda_Kenobi - thanks for reading!

If all goes well and we don't have any really bad thunderstorms w/ bad lightning, I hope to finish chapter 8 soon and send it on to my beta. No Internet for me next week (April 2nd - April 6th, back the 7th, so the post won't come next week, even if it was ready.

9. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Sweet post! I'm glad you're off writer's block now!

~kass

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    chapter 8 is about 70% completed. I have sent it to my beta reader, then I have a few more scenes to write and hopefully I'll be able to post it in a few weeks.

Jedi Kassandra ~ Thanks for reading!

11. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Nice story. I think I need Jaina to shop with me.

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Jaina definately is working on the 'will of the force thing' . . .just tell Han that when it's his turn to change her diaper ;)

13. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    "Don't scold her, Leia. She has good taste." Without another word, Mara went off towards the dressing rooms, the dress draped over her arm. Jaina bounced in the seat of the hover stroller, satisfied while Leia stared after Mara. She had sensed Mara was lying about a reception for a business client. She wondered why, and then it hit her and she grinned mischievously.

Leia is on to something. :D :p A date between Luke and Mara that ought to be really intersting. ;) If I remember correctly don`t Leia and Han join Luke and Mara? Oh well, I guess I`m going to have to wait for the next post.

D.J

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000

Nope. In the original story (posted in what is now the classic fanfic forum) Leia is trying to get a hold of Luke to babysit so she and Han can have a night off. Leia has no idea what's going on, but in the rewrite here, she THINKS she knows there's something going on.

I don't know when Chapter 8 will be posted - I'm helping my dad babysit on Thursday for my sister's kids (all day) and my beta reader wasn't feeling good this past weekend. So, it may not be posted until the very beginning of May.

15. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    yay! I remember this story! I like your changes so far. Can I get PMs?
    Thanks!

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll add you to my list, Bianka, as soon as i find my notebook w/ the list.

Still not sure when chapter 8 is going to be ready for posting (still need part of it back from my beta and then there's another part of it that needs written) and I'll probably be out of town Wednesday until at least Friday this week. So, hopefully in May.

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    The next chapter of Lightswords is going to be delayed. Due to water in my basement (Lincoln had over 3 inches of rain this past weekend on Saturday) I won't be able to have regular access to my computer. And my parents computer only has WordPerfect (which I don't know how to use to read Microsoft Word files). I am sorry this will delay the chapter a little more, but its out of my hands for now.

The water in my basement ruined several of my Star Wars insiders (luckily not the latest 30th anniv. issue, which I had with me) so I am a little bummed out about that. At least my special writing notebooks that are used for my L/M story planning are safe. I only had to trash one story notebook, but it wasn't a L/M story notebook.

Hopefully this mess can be cleaned up very soon and I can bring you chapter 8. Until then, all I can promise is that a post IS coming, but probably not during May.

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your flooding, Liz :( That's rough. Hope you get everything straightened out soon @};-

19. DancerPadme

DancerPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2007
    I love this story!!!

Can I be added to the PM list as well?

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll add you ASAP DancerPadme.

My beta might be able to return chapter 8 to me soon, so I MIGHT be able to post within a week or two. I've got my cousin's wedding to go to this Saturday and my 7 1/2 year old niece's dance recital the next day, on Sunday, so even if I have it back, it won't be posted this coming weekend.

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I haven't heard anything from my beta for about three weeks. I have no clue when the next chapter will be posted. :(

I can't even post what I had because it wasn't very good and needed tweaking.

I'm sorry the next chapter is still going to be delayed - its out of my hands. :_|

22. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Superb work, Jedi_Liz! Please continue soon! Can't wait to see The Date. You're doing great!

23. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    still around still interested . . . just to umm let you know ;)

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Thanks maramijade. I was actually just coming here to post an update - thanks to inspiration obtained while watching my "Lois and Clark: New Adventures of Superman" DVDs (mostly from the episodes "Lucky Leon" and "Whine Whine Whine") I was able to complete chapter 8 and I sent it to the "temp beta" who volunteered to beta for me, to see if it needs any corrections.

And welcome Geith, thank you for the compliment.

After I post chapter 8, I'll likely post a current Updates PM List - so if there are any lurkers that want to receive PMs, let me know. I'll be out of town for about a week starting this coming Sunday morning, but when I return I'll have time to update and add to or remove people from my PM list. I'm also working on another fanfic that will be posted soon (I hope - my co-writer and I need to get at least two more chapters written before the story is ready to post).

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    HEEEE!!!! Those episode titles! LOL!! :) I still wanna stay on this PM list but I also wanna be on the one for the fic coming up. :D :D