main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    It is only a matter of time before they are caught. I can't wait for that moment. ;) Great update, Liz.

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Reading this, I've suddenly got "I Won't Say I'm In Love" from Hercules going through my mind. I love that Luke is hesitant about his feelings and that Mara was impatiently "waiting by the phone."

Very well done and wonderful post. :)

3. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I can underatand why Mara was upset. I would of not called him either. Ladies do not do that. We just sit there looking at the phone trying to will it to ring. Also we must check it once in awhile to make sure that it works.[face_praying] Luke and Mara are so much alike. When they get frustrated, they go play with thier lightsabers. I would not of cared if someone saw me kissing Luke or even more.[face_blush] In fact I would let everyone know it just to let know that I had him.:* Super job and can not wait for the next chapter. Thanks.@};-

4. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Ooops! Hadn't checked the PMs for a long time...
    ?Maybe the reason I haven?t called is because I didn?t know if you felt the same way I do. I think - I think I?m beginning to like you as more than a friend.? ubercute [face_love]

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    He eyed his lightsaber, lying idle on his bedside table. ?I might as well go get some saber practice. I never know when I may need it.?

They're already thinking alike :p

?Perhaps he was out to dinner with Mara Jade and the evening ended with a long kiss in the Memorial Gardens and - ? Before Han could finish, Leia gave him a Look.

Han's a genius.

Training Room 1138

Nice ;) :D

Before he could object, Leia had rushed out of the apartment, leaving a very scared Han Solo to watch over two force sensitive infants by himself.

[face_laugh]

Luke gently touched her cheek with his hand. ?Maybe the reason I haven?t called is because I didn?t know if you felt the same way I do. I think - I think I?m beginning to like you as more than a friend.?

Aww [face_love]

Good post, Liz :D They were so close to having Leia bust them :p

Can't wait for the next one :)

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Thank You. :D

I'm only replying to you right now because you were the only reader so far that mentioned that you caught "Training Room 1138". And Leia will possibly eventually bust them.....the question is when, where and how. [face_whistling]

I'll try to do the rest of my author replies by friday night. I leave Sunday morning for Colorado and will probably have limited Internet time / access. (I do have a laptop and doing some research, I found that there is public wifi available in Estes Park, so I'll try to check in once in awhile).

Chapter 10 is being worked on at the moment and may change from what I've written right now. I'm aiming for a late August post, but that's just an estimate.

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Ooooh I just found this--and I LIKE IT!!!! The twist at the beginning about giving your lightsaber being a declaration of undying affection hooked me right away!! I love your charachtarization of L/M, right on the credits. And Luke's innocent kiss at the gardens and both their independently similar thoughts was awesome! And good for Leia at not meddling....I don't know if I could show such restraint!

Lol, anyways, awesome job!! May I please have a PM when you update? Thanks!

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    DancerPadme ~ No problem! Mara was just upset.....when she's upset she doesn't

think.....Han is getting very smart isn't he? Yes, Leia almost caught them. It'd be sort of

hard to explain to her, wouldn't it? And yes, it will take some time before they are completely and totally

in love. Baby steps is exactly right.

maramijade ~ okay, Luke just likes the smell of her perfume!

Geith ~ Leia's got a ton of nicknames for Han. I bet another one is "Mr. Clean up this mess or

you're sleeping on the couch tonight". ;)

jade_eyes ~ It was an estimate. I'm thinking as long as Lois and Clark as Clark's first kiss

not Lois and Clark-As-Superman's first kiss.......gotta love that episode "Lucky Leon" from Season 2.....[face_love]

MirandaFair ~ Yes, they'll be caught......eventually. The question is when, where, how and

by whom? [face_whistling]

DaenaBenJen2 ~ funny you should mention Hercules........I've always thought of Mara sort of like

Megara.........being used by the most evil man........and falling in love.........I need to watch my

Hercules DVD to hear that song.

JediFlySwatter ~ Mara realized it had turned into a date........a rather nice date and that's
    why she was hoping he'd call. As for her thoughts about the kiss and the eyes.......well, she's
    notably upset.....she's ready to give him the 'boot'.......Well, its not like Luke wouldn't want
    Leia to see him kissing Mara..........its just that he knows his sister all too well. If she had seen what exactly was going on, the moment she returned to her and Han's apartment, she'd be booking a Hall and making arrangements with Admiral Ackbar, and renting a certain type of formal clothing.......

Feng_Huang ~ No Problem. Glad you liked the chapter.

IrishJediJade ~ Love your username. Glad you like the twist. I'll be glad to put you on the

PM list.

Okay, that's all my replies for now.........Chapter 10 is still in the "must be written"

stage........I'm still aiming for late August or very Early September.

9. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Looking forward to your next post, Jedi_Liz.

In the meantime, uppers! :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Thanks for the up Geith.

I'll try to work on chapter 10 when I get home from Colorado. Luckily I can check in this week because there is free wi-fi at the vacation home my family is staying at.

This up is for the benefit of the readers who got a PM but hadn't been able to reply yet. ;)

11. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    man, I wrote this nice long reply saying how I loved this last chapter, I'm a big sap for L/M mush and how I love the way some of the fan-fic writers are able to write these characters so true to who they are and how most of the pro-fic writers wouldn't know a good characterization if it hit them in the face with a Super Star Destroyer but the page had a hiccup and didn't post it when I hit the button. Darn!! Anyway I hope I was able to convey the sentiment this time (hope it posts this time too). Another wonderful chapter Liz and I can't wait for the next!!!

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I Won't Say I'm In love from Hercules definately fits for Mara as well. . . but then again. . . I get soooooooo many plot bunnies from songs I do for voice, and never have the time to follow up on them. . . but at least I have the story in my head and some where to draw the inspiration from.

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm back from my trip to Colorado. (Got back late last night actually). I'm going to take it easy today (I still have my cold that developed last friday and my ear occasionally really hurts at the moment) but I got a notebook on the way home to write down some stuff I thought of (hadn't taken my specific LoF notebook with me on the trip). I'll see what I can do about getting the next chapter written ASAP.

And I'm going to watch Disney's "Hercules" to watch that song that Megara sings. *Loves Megara*

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm so there if it's ever written. :) :) Just the SONG itself sounds delish!! Apply it to them... *raptures* :D

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I've got chapter ten about 1/2 written.

And so I don't forget anyone, for now on, I will be sending PM updates from a SOCK. I'm going to call it LoF_UpdatesSock. So, if you're on my PM list for updates, look for a PM from that name. This will make it easier for me to keep track of people who want on the list.

Hope this is okay with those on my PM list - this will make it much easier for me.

I'll continue to work on chapter 10 today and probably tomorrow and then send it to my beta.

16. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh, I was wondering about that! I noticed that someone new added me to their Watched Users list, and when I checked to see who it was, I was like, "Who in the world is LoF_UpdatesSock?" Now I know! :p

I look forward to the next post! [face_dancing]

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here comes Chapter 10! And for this chapter, and probably future ones, force "Thoughts" have // and // around them. And for anyone interested, this was twenty pages long, double spaced in Microsoft Word.

Chapter 10 - [b]Birthday Surprises[/b]

Mara touched his hand, but didn?t say anything. For a minute they just stared into each other?s eyes, being in their own little world. Then Mara glanced at her wrist chrono. She muttered a curse and headed for the door.

?Wait, Mara, let me check the hallway first.?

Mara raised an eyebrow.

//Getting a little paranoid?//

//I think someone came into the room a little while ago while we were um - // Luke blushed.

Mara stopped and gestured. // Go ahead, but I am sure it was no one important //

Luke pressed the button to slide the door open. He peeked out and looked both ways, but the corridor was deserted, except for the attendant at the desk, who was busy on her com, her back to him.

//The coast is clear//

Mara didn?t answer, but gave him a smile as she ran out the door towards the nearest lift.
    Luke didn?t question Mara?s behavior -- he knew she probably had a real reason for leaving that fast.

He decided he?d com her when he got back to his apartment, then headed there himself.

Over the next six weeks, Luke and Mara managed to meet for short practices in the training rooms. Luke helped Mara out with some of her lightsaber skills. And they also worked on levitation and other important skills.

One afternoon after spending two hours together, Luke returned to his apartment to find his com blinking rapidly and dinging at the same time, meaning there was an incoming caller.

?Skywalker here,? He pressed the button to answer the com.

His sister?s friendly face appeared on screen.

"Wow, you?re finally home. Where were you? I?ve been trying to com you for hours-" Leia was cut off by Han?s appearance, but Luke could only hear his voice, ?Cut to the chase, Princess. Your brother doesn?t have all day.?

Leia turned to the side, where Han obviously was, and frowned. Then Luke heard, "Hey Princess, I was only trying to help!"

Luke had to cover his mouth to hide a chuckle. Leia and Han certainly had an interesting relationship. As did he and Mara - he broke off his thinking about Mara as Leia came back on the screen.

"Anyway, as I was saying --" Leia broke off, finally noticing Luke?s flustered appearance.

?Where were you, anyway??

?I was meditating and lost track of the time. You were going to ask me something else?? He quickly changed the subject.

?I just wanted to remind you that your favorite niece and nephew will be celebrating their first birthday in two weeks. We?ll be having a family dinner for them. And of course they?ll want you there.?

?Of course, I wouldn?t miss it. Any suggestions for gifts??

?I was thinking a doll for Jaina and maybe a brand new book chip for Jacen. We?ve nearly worn out the ones they?ve had since they were born.?

?Sounds good,? Luke was about to disconnect when Han came on the screen, replacing Leia.

?And Kid??

?Yes, Han??

?Feel free to invite a [i]friend[/i] along to the party. The more the merrier,? Han said in a low voice, so Leia could not hear.

?Uh, sure, Han,? Luke promptly disconnected and considered what Han may have meant. Was it possible that he had - . Luke hastily decided that Han didn?t know about his and Mara?s new relationship. At least he hoped not.

Little did Luke know that Han was getting closer and closer to guessing.

About ten days later, Luke finally decided to tell Mara about Han?s impromptu invite.

?I don?t know, Luke, I think I?d feel awkward and well, it seems to me that Solo is getting a little too close for comfort.?

?Then maybe you?d like to help me pick out gifts for Jaina and Jacen instead??

?I suppose I could do that. Which toy store do you want to meet at??

Luke thought for a moment. T

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yeah!! [face_love] :* "I love you." SQUEE!! :D

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So Anakin sent flowers to Padme... Awwwwwwwwww!

?See, Leia? I was right all along,?

Leia elbowed Han lovingly, ?Okay, you win the bet. But when the time comes, you?re still ?fresher training your son,?

[face_laugh] Loved that.

And loved this chapter. (am going to second what Jade_eyes said: SQUEEE!)

Well done. :)

20. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Awwwwwww, love. [face_love]

Anyway, great (and long!) post! =D=

21. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm beaming over here! :D So proud of Luke confessing his love for Mara. It made it even more romantic him whispering it to her... [face_love] There were so many great parts to this. Luke and Mara, Han and Leia's characterizations. Luke and Mara shopping for the twins' birthday presents. Wonderful moments that made me happy to see the Solos/Skywalkers enjoying family life. Mara makes a great addition although she might not know it just yet. ;)

22. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Give Luke 'the boot'? Don't know about you but I would give him him something and it sure would not not be 'the boot'!:D [face_blush] I am glad that the secret is out and everyone seems alright about it. Even Mara did not freek when Luke told her that he loved her. I do love that L/M mush.[face_love] I saw the 'Sock' name and I thought; "What's with that name? Did she change hers." I knew it was you because I keep up with your stories and remember this super one the first go around. Great job and thanks so much.@};-

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    sorry about any confusion that arose in regards to the Update PM coming from the sock instead of this regular screen name. It was just much easier for me especially since with the sock I could have everyone that's on my list and keep track of them.

I'll do author replies later - but I wanted to let everyone know I'm working on several chapters at once so I can get as many written and beta read as I can, as soon as possible. Chapter 11 is probably done, but I won't post it for awhile (and it needs beta read). Chapter 12 still has some more to be written. Chapter 13 has a lot more to be written. Same for a few more after that. A few will be rather short, one or two will be long, but not as long as chapter 10. I'm doing this so I can concentrate on another story of mine that's a collaboration (Star Wars: The Parent Trap) that I need to write some later chapters for.

Uppity Uppity

24. DancerPadme

DancerPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2007
    [face_laugh] @ Han in the background. Even when he's not onscreen he's funny.

Leia and Han certainly had an interesting relationship. As did he and Mara

Comparing yourself to married coouples Luke? I like....I like.

?Feel free to invite a friend along to the party. The more the merrier,?

He should have said Mara-ier. It sounds better in my head :p

Plus, Mara wasn?t sure if she wanted to get the overwhelming attention from Jaina that she had been getting from the little girl nearly every time she had seen Mara

How could she resist those brown eyes and "Aunt Mawa?" Mara's becoming soft and she doesn't like it.

Trying to be inconspicuous, he went over to greet Mara. ?Mara Jade! Fancy meeting you here.?

[face_laugh] I think I found this amusing bc I pictured it diff. than the way it was written. I pictured Luke almost shouting this, everyone looking at him then him trying to explain. "What? I really am suprised to see her," and continue rambling.

:( At Mara's flashback. I know seeing my Prince charming getting de-legged by my brother was traumatizing enough, much less seeing Palps practice force lightining on it.

There was no way in the spice mines of Kessel he was going to get helped by anyone other than her. She pushed her way into the store and grabbed Luke by the arm.

?I guess your wife can help you now,? The sales lady squeaked out and then went over to assist an elderly couple.

I like how the sales lady thinks [face_mischief]

[face_love] Luke got the sweetest gifts. :)

?I said ?NO?, Skywalker,?. Before Luke could get in, she had slid the door shut and the locking mechanism could be heard locking behind her.

Clutching the bag from Valorum?s Toys, Luke sighed and walked to the turbo lift. He had made a mistake and having very little experience with women in general, had no idea what to do.

Just picturing Luke, outside her door, holding a bag of toys, looking confused gives me the impression Luke is looking like the little lost Bantha cub :p

At least Luke is following in his father's footsteps by buying Mara those roses, instead of killing younglings or strangling her :p

Cautiously, she went to answer it. She was greeted by the sweet smell of flowers. The flowers lowered and she was looking into the hopeful, warm blue eyes of Luke

[face_love] Too cute

On the day of the twins? birthday party, Luke had an unexpected visitor. Mara showed up at his apartment armed with bows and wrapping paper. ?I figured you were going to procrastinate and forget to wrap the gifts,?

This reminds me of me and my bf so much. :p It made me smile :)

Han is so sneaky with the extra plate. Gotta love him as well.

He placed Jaina in her highchair and the little girl stared intensely at the red haired woman seated next to her. She squealed and pounded the tray when she finally recognized her.

She is soooo cute!

?We caught you, didn?t we??

The Jawa's out of the bag, I repeat the Jawa is out of the bag.

[face_love] :eek: LUKE SAYS I LOVE YOU!!! [face_dancing]

But where's Mara's? :confused:

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    DancerPadme ~ Let me Reassure you that Mara will say "I love you" in her own special way probably within two or three chapters.