main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lightswords of Fury: Special Edition L/M, H/L, Others | Ch 20 The Wedding Part 2/3 6/4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 30, 2006.

1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm so late :(

?Feel free to invite a friend along to the party. The more the merrier,? Han said in a low voice, so Leia could not hear.

[face_laugh]

Han is so sly :p

Trying to be inconspicuous, he went over to greet Mara. ?Mara Jade! Fancy meeting you here.? Then in a lower voice, he said, ?Thanks for coming.?

Smooth :cool:

Palpatine looked at the girl and then at her doll. He aimed his hands at the doll and lightning shot out, frying the doll into a melted mess.

[face_laugh] :_|

Palpatine was such a jerk!

?Ah!? He said, grabbing a book chip off the shelf. ?The Little Lost Bantha Cub? proclaimed the title sticker.

My favorite [face_love]

?I had a fight with someone.? When Luke would not say with WHOM he had the fight with, Wedge said knowingly, ?You know, whenever my brother-in-law had a fight with my sister Syal he always got her a rose to say he was sorry,? Wedge winked and walked towards the turbo lift. Before Luke could react, he was gone.

Everyone sees through him :p

?We have some fine lavender roses here. In fact, there is a hidden meaning to them. They not only mean ?I?m sorry? but they also stood for ?secret love?. They grow on the planet of Naboo. I haven?t sold many in my years, but I remember one young Jedi who bought a single rose every few months during the Clone Wars, and had it sent to the offices of a young Naboo senator.?

:D

?However, we?d better be careful. If your sister or Solo suspects anything is going on - ?

Yeah, I think they're way past that already...

?I hope you don?t mind, Leia. Mara helped me wrap the twins? gifts. If she hadn?t shown up, they might still be in the toy store bag,? He knew his sister wouldn?t buy that for very long, but he hoped she couldn?t read through it.

No way :p

Han groaned when he saw the title of the book chip, as if he could see a time in the future when the twins wanted to hear the story over and over and over again.

Poor Han [face_laugh]

Leia cut two small pieces of cake for the twins and placed each slice in front of the twins. Then Han got their holo-recorder out and they watched as the twins smashed their little fists into the cake, sending frosting flying. Somehow, some of Jaina?s cake?s frosting ended up on Mara?s nose. ?Oh, Mara, I?m so sorry!? Leia said, trying to suppress a laugh.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

On impulse, forgetting where they were, Luke pressed his lips against Mara?s and kissed her. They seemed to be lost in their own little world when they heard the clearing of throats, and then Han said, ?We caught you, didn?t we??

They're really not very good at this whole "secretive" thing...

As they reached Mara?s apartment, Luke leaned in close to kiss Mara goodnight and whispered three words that had never meant so much to him as they did this night, ?I Love You,? he whispered only for her. Then he kissed her goodnight, not caring if anyone saw them.
    Mara?s heart leaped with gladness and she smiled a good night to him, giving his shoulders a squeeze before he left to head for his own apartment.
    That night both of them slept better than they had in a long time.

Aww, thanks was so sweet [face_love]

Great uber post, Liz =D= Lots of funny moments in here. I really enjoyed the Twins' birthday party [face_laugh] And I'm glad to see Luke and Mara are no longer hiding and seem to be on the right track ;)

Looking forward to more :D

2. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    Continue! UP!

EDIT: Nine pages! [face_dancing]

3. jedi_janson_

jedi_janson_ Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh I love this! You are so good at writing Luke and Mara.=D= I can't wait for the next chapter! :)

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    DaenaBenjen42 ~ Yes, I think Anakin may have secretly sent Padmé a rose. ;)
    I can't write H/L that well, but when I do, I just have to include some bantering where Leia's the boss. ;)

Geith ~ Thanks. Yes, a long post......it was necessary for this. I needed to include the birthday party and didn't want to make that a different chapter. So, I consulted my old posting of the story and the whole little fiasco at the toy shop & the parry were in the same chapter, so I decided to keep that the same. And I love writing L/M as falling in love. @};-[face_love]

MirandaFair ~ Oh yes, Mara doesn't know she belongs in this family, yet. Jaina knows she belongs, but Mara hasn't figured that out quite yet....and I figured Luke would probably whisper those special words only for her.

JEDIFLYSWATTER ~ She wasn't exactly going to 'give Luke the boot', she was just upset at Luke's pushing into her territory....she still has that stubborn streak, especially when it comes to her horrible memories. Yeah, sorry about that LoF_UpdatesSock confusion. I sort of sprung that on people - it was just easier for me.

DancerPadme ~ I may not write H/L often, but I loved having Han guessing everything that happened and Leia getting mad at him for knowing stuff she couldn't guess at about her brother. :p I had to include that flashback because I wanted to show Mara as human. And it would explain why she might be a little skittish about other things, too. The saleslady was just assuming. She wasn't necessary thinking in the right direction. [face_whistling] Han is really sneaky when he wants to be.

YodaKenobi - No Problem. You got me to 200 posts. And you made it in before chapter 11, that's what counts. ;)

Han is very sly, as you shall see in an upcoming chapter. Yes, Palpatine was a jerk. And I seriously could see him do that, anything that may have been traumatic that could have blocked any happy memories Mara had before that horrible moment. Wedge is really smart, let's just stay that. Han suspects something, Leia knows there was something going on in that training room, but even though she has that twin bond with Luke, she hadn't quite caught on yet. I had to have Han groaning over that book chip's title. I disliked that particular EU series of the bantam era, but there were a few things to poke fun at, if anyone has noticed.... ;) I had to have the "frosting on Mara's nose" part again, as that's what goes to the part where Han and Leia finally catch them in the act. No, they're not very good at the secretive thing......hmm, maybe Mara should have left lipstick on Luke's face? ;) [face_mischief][face_thinking] Glad you enjoyed this chapter. :)

Geith 2nd - Thanks for getting me to 9 pages.

jedi_janson_ ~ Your wish for another post / chapter will be granted sooner than you think.

Chapter 11
    will be posted on Monday, September 3rd, AKA Labor Day in the USA.

5. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Wasn't going to post until tomorrow, but I decided to post this today in honor of my Jaina inspiration's 8th Birthday. Happy Birthday, Michaela!

Chapter 11 - [b]A Rogue's Inquiry[/b]

The following week, Luke was back to working on his data cards. He planned to enter as much information into a database as he possibly could so he would have a future reference. While he was reading one of the data cards regarding advanced battle meditation, his com beeped.

Momentarily distracted, he said, ?Skywalker here.?

Wedge Antilles voice piped up, ?So, did the flowers work??

Not realizing to whom he was speaking to, Luke answered, ?Yes.?

?So, the rumor [i]was[/i] true??

Luke stopped reading the data card and turned his full attention to his com. ?Rumor??

?Oh, Wes Janson claimed his cousin, who is supposedly the maitre d' at [i]The Corusca Gem[/i], said that you were at the restaurant with a beautiful woman who was definitely not your sister because Han wasn?t with you.? Wedge explained.

?Wes? cousin works at [i]The Corusca Gem[/i]??

?He?s like a third or fourth cousin on his mom?s side.?

?I see.?

?So, Luke, when will you be introducing your sweetheart to me??

?Um, I don?t know, Wedge, she?s busy at the moment with her job--? [i]Excuses, Excuses, Skywalker[/i].

"But she certainly works here on Coruscant. And I'm pretty sure she's not a member of one of the squadrons--"

"Wedge, I'm kind of in the middle of something - "

"You can?t hold out on me too much longer, old buddy." Wedge replied, only half kidding.

"I know, but - " [i]Mara would KILL me if I told Wedge that we are dating[/i]. She was fine with Han and Leia knowing, but Luke didn't think she'd want his Rogue buddies to know, which was what would happen eventually if Luke told Wedge. Luke knew from experience that Wes Janson had [i]ways[/i] of extracting information from his fellow pilots. And Luke didn't want to risk that with Wedge.

"Okay, Wedge, the thing is, I've only just started dating her and well, I don?t know how she'd feel if I suddenly told my second oldest friend about us."

"Maybe I could just meet her first?"

"What about Janson?"

Wedge scratched his head, "Oh, that's right. Wes has those [i][b]ways[/b][/i] of extracting information. I can understand your concern, Luke, but if she's going to be part of the Rogue family anytime soon -- "

Luke startled, "What?"

Wedge grinned and said, "Oh, nothing - so can I meet her?"

"I'll give her a call and ask, but there's no guarantees."

"Well, let me know," Wedge signed off.

Luke pondered what Wedge had meant by '[i]be a part of the Rogue family anytime soon[/i]' and then went back to his work.

He'd contact Mara later and ask her if she'd consider.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Michaela--that's a lovely name!! :) Wedge is busting with curiosity LOL Not that I blame him ;)

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *giggle* Love Wedge trying to get Luke to bring Mara to meet him. Wonderful.

Well done. :)

8. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh my gosh! That kicked arse! Go, Liz!

=D==D==D==D==D=

9. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Wes has ways. [face_laugh] Indeed he does, Liz. Reading this new edition has been quite a treat. Keep it up, this is great! :D

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Caught up! :D Loved the part with the icing on the nose in the previous chapter, LOL.

"Wes has ways" Famous last words. [face_laugh]

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Got to love Wes and Wedge.[face_laugh] Can't pull much over them.

I wonder how Mara will take to the plan? [face_thinking]

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    ?Oh, Wes Janson claimed his cousin, who is supposedly the maitre d' at The Corusca Gem, said that you were at the restaurant with a beautiful woman who was definitely not your sister because Han wasn?t with you.? Wedge explained.

[face_laugh]

Wedge scratched his head, "Oh, that's right. Wes has those ways of extracting information. I can understand your concern, Luke, but if she's going to be part of the Rogue family anytime soon --

Hehehe [face_mischief]

And I love that both Luke and Wedge have the exact same thought about Wes :p

Nice post, Liz :D I can't wait to see where this is going. And am looking forward to finding out what happens when the Rogues get involved [face_mischief]

Post more soon!

13. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I always loved the fact that everyone else,except Leia, knew how Luke and Mara felt about each other. Even before they even admitted it to themselves. Wedge just knows how Luke works. He knows that Luke does not get serious about a lady unless it is the real thing. Especially if he does not want Wes to know about it. That man runs his mouth worest then most females do. Super post and thanks.@};-

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I tried to do these author replies earlier but my cable modem was giving me fits as usual.

So, luckily I copied and pasted them to a text file just in case.

JEDIFLYSWATTER ~ Wes Janson is a child caught in an adult's body and he would LOVE to get

his dirty hands on this bit of gossip as you'll soon see.

YodaKenobi ~ Well, Wedge is the only Rogue that features prominently in the next chapter, but a few others make cameos. That's all I can say for now. And Wedge is VERY sly about hinting about certain things, that make Luke startled..... ;) He should really thank Wedge for the flowers idea.

MirandaFair ~ Well, Luke has to [i] ask [/i] her first, doesn't he? He just can't expect her to agree to something this big. All will be revealed in the next chapter.

Jedi Trace ~ Had to keep that part that was chapter 10 for the repost, and it was actually frosting that was on her nose ;). I've been around toddlers for 7 years and I could see that happening. And yes, famous last words. Glad you got caught up.

Lank_Pavail ~ Glad you liked it. When rewriting, I DID eliminate quite a bit, but I wanted to keep a few things and I added a few new things as you'll see soon.

GeithJiseo2 ~ *laughs* And that chapter was really short. Wonder what you'll think of Chapter

Jade_eyes ~ Thanks. I can't take credit for her name, though. She's a real sweetheart (most of the time
    anyway ;)) and I love her to bits. Wedge actually has another reason for asking to meet Mara, so
    you'll see what, soon.

DaenaBenjen42 ~ Well, you'll see if Wedge succeeds in the next chapter.

I'll post a small [color=purple][b]teaser[/b][/color] from chapter 12 on

[color=darkred]SUNDAY[/color] the [b][u]9th[/u] [/b]and then [color=darkblue]Chapter

12[/color] itself on the [b][u]10th[/u][/b]. I've got 12 - 15 all written and beta read so I have a

few weeks worth of consistent posts.

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here's a teaser for chapter 12, which I will probably post on Monday or I might wait until tuesday or wednesday.

Mara was busy with another report from the Smuggler's Alliance that Talon Karrde had sent her.

So, when Luke contacted her on the com, she was preoccupied.

"Are you an Angel?" [i]Now where did that line come from[/i]? Luke asked himself.

"Luke? Where did you pick up such a cheesy pick-up line like that?"

Luke shrugged. It had just come to him. [i]Force prodding perhaps[/i]?

"I don't know. Anyway - I had a big favor to ask of you."

Mara made a face. "Is this something to do with helping you with your lack of taste in interior

design?"

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Looks good :D Looking forward to the post :)

17. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent! Loved the prequel tie-in. ;)

Please keep it up. I need more! =D=

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Chapter 12 - Meet the Rogue

Luke took a break from his work and decided to com Mara to see what she thought about meeting Wedge. The only problem was, where they could meet. Both of them were still a little squeamish about being seen in public as a couple. Han and Leia were the only ones that knew that they were dating and it seemed that Mara preferred it that way.

Mara was busy with another report from the Smuggler's Alliance that Talon Karrde had sent her. So, when Luke contacted her on the com, she was preoccupied.

"Are you an Angel?" Now where did that line come from? Luke asked himself.

"Luke? Where did you pick up such a cheesy pick-up line like that?"

Luke shrugged. It had just come to him. Force prodding perhaps?

"I don't know. Anyway - I had a big favor to ask of you."

Mara made a face. "Is this something to do with helping you with your lack of taste in interior design?"

Luke laughed. "Uh, no. My friend Wedge Antilles somehow found out about us, well, actually that I was out to dinner with someone other than Leia and now he wants to meet you."

"You told him, 'No', right?"

"I couldn't exactly tell him that to his face, could I? He's my second oldest friend. The first one I made when I joined the Rebellion."

Wedge Antilles, Wedge Antilles, now where did Mara recognize that name from? Of course! She had met him during the Thrawn Crisis more than a year ago. She knew the name, but couldn't remember the face.

"Wait, I think I met a Wedge Antilles during that fiasco with Grand Admiral Thrawn. At the time I wasn't very nice to him." Mara admitted.

"What did you do that wasn't so nice?"

"I assumed he was a B-Wing Pilot."

Luke laughed, "No, Wedge is an X-Wing Pilot. Though he was recently made a General and I get the feeling he hates it. He's happier in the cockpit of an X-Wing."

"I'll consider meeting him, Luke, but where? We don't exactly want the public to know about us this soon,"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. Maybe Wedge will have a solution. I'll give him another com and see what ideas he has."

"Well, let me know and we'll talk, then."

"Will do. And Mara?"

"Yes, Luke?"

"I Love you."

Mara smiled. "I know."

Luke disconnected from the com call with Mara and scrolled down his com numbers list for Wedge's private residence. It was the only way he'd be able to talk to Wedge without other pilots overhearing. He just hoped Wedge would be there.

Luckily, Wedge was at his private residence. It looked like he had just finished eating his lunch.

"Luke!" Wedge seemed glad to be taking a break or maybe was glad it wasn't someone calling to give him more paperwork.

"Hey, Wedge."

"So, can I meet her?"

"She said she's willing to meet you again, but - "

"Meet me again?"

"I guess she met you once, over a year ago."

"You'd think I'd remember meeting a different beautiful woman, but I don't quite remember--"

"That's okay. The thing is, she's willing to meet you, but we're a little anxious about being seen in public. We don't exactly want our pictures to end up on the front cover of the Coruscant Babbler (TM)."

"I can see your concern. The reason I wanted to meet your sweetheart is because I've started to date someone as well. I just wanted to invite you over for dinner. Iella is going to cook for me, and she asked if I had any friends I would like to invite over that might have a girlfriend or wife. Corran couldn't come because Mirax is off on the Pulsar Skate somewhere."

"I see. So it'd be dinner at your apartment?"

"Yeah. Just dinner. And I'd make sure there's blue milk or hot chocolate for you to drink if you'd prefer?"

He wondered if Wedge was trying to butter him up. The conversation they had before where Wedge had said something about joining the Rogue family anytime soon still echoed in Luk

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I think it's "Are you an angel?" and it's from TPM. [face_thinking] :)

Fun update. Liked seeing Wedge and Iella together for a bit there. :D

"Monkey lizard"? [face_laugh] Like that. [face_laugh]

20. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I LOVED Wedge's poll choices. Hilarious! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Thank you, Jedi_Liz. Your fans are grateful for your excellent writing.

=D==D==D==D==D=

21. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    That Janson needs to get a hobby. He does have to much free time. I bet I know which one of the choices Wedge picked. Super job and thanks.@};-

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    "You're going to elope? Already? Look kid, it won't work, even if you kidnap --" Han was cut off when Leia pushed him out of the way.

[face_laugh] (and was that the ref you were talking about? or was it the poll at the end?)

Loved the update. :) Well done.

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] @ the poll!!

What the boys won't think of next...

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Here's a clue: There are two movie lines, and at least two references to star wars EU books.

25. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Yay! Yeah, I'd definitely say they caught them. So typical of Luke...great post.

~Kass