main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightwave 7.5 for $1000

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by tumblemoster, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought everyone might want to know. Dynamic Realities is currently selling Lightwave 7.5 for only $1000. That is a savings of almost $600. If you have been considering purchasing Lightwave, now is the time to do it. I received my copy today (no more learning on a Demo!! Whoo Hooooo!!) and am very happy!

-tm

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Or if you are a student, you can get it for $395 with Bryce 5 like I did.

3. tumblemoster

Dec 1, 2000
    True, in my case, however, I intend to get paid for some of the work I do in Lightwave, so an educational version is not an option for me.... That and I'm not a student. :D

-tm

4. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    You can upgrade to the commercial version from the educational one for $395 also.

5. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    So only $800.00 with Bryce 5 huh?

Thanks for the heads up Foxbatkllr!

6. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    warning: the place i bought it from was the only one that came with Bryce 5. It was at genesis-technologies.com. I don't know if they still have that deal. However, you can still get the $395 academic deal from other places.

7. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    $495 Maya edu

8. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    But Pixelito ... isn't that version of Maya a license for only one year?
    After the year is up, you have to pay another $495 for the next years' license.

Same with Softimage.

9. tumblemoster

Dec 1, 2000
    JediTAC is correct. I owned, or rather owned, an educational license for Maya. It must be renewed yearly. And new proof of student status must be supplied. When i bought it, Alias|Wavefront also required students who bought educational licenses to submit some of their work to their annual contest. I don't know if they still do.

-tm

10. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    So four years of student versions of Maya would equal the full version. Or two Maya student versions would be the same cost as Lightwave now... hmmm.

11. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Actually Lightwave costs $1600 normally but this deal is for $1000. If you go the student route and then upgrade to commercial you end up with $790 for the commercial version.

12. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    yup... i've only got 3 months left :(

13. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Softimage no longer has that one year limit!

However, maya does. I've got only a matter of weeks before mine expires.

I think I'll wait about 6 months until I have some footage for the next film before I renew. I rather dislike the one year policy :(

However, every dollar I spend counts towards the commercial version. So, I could get lightwave for 1,000, or maya for 1,500

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.