main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Like Daughter, Like Mother"- Post-NJO; K/J; H/L- Author's Note: August 13, 2009

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Title: Like Daughter, Like Mother
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: NJO; EU; Han; Leia; Jaina; Kyp
    Summary: Han thinks his life is completely perfect. The war has been over for some time now; both his children found their soul mates and are now happily married. But an unexpected twist is about to send his life into a spiral of hilarity.
    Author's Notes: I don't know how good I am at comedy, but this story has been just itching to get out of my head. It will also include all of my favorite pairings so no worries for those that are fans of my other works.

~~

Han Solo couldn't think of a single thing that could make his life any more perfect. His life was the epitome of perfection, and a mere glance to the top of his wife dark head confirmed that. While silver strands were threaded through her long locks, Leia Organa-Solo's hair was a rich chocolate color. Since their son and daughter had married, they had acted as if they were newlyweds again, basking in the newfound freedom they had now that no children were home.

"Oh no," Leia moaned as she lurched up in bed. A frown creased Han's brow as his wife barely managed to grab her robe as she raced for the refresher unit. He rose to his feet, slipping a pair of pants on as he heard her retching.

"Sweetheart, you all right?" Han questioned his wife as he knelt by her side, holding her dark hair back.

"Oh I've just been feeling like this on and off for the past week," Leia said with a moan. She put a hand to her forehead. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Han leaned down and pressed a kiss to her temple. "Not scare, but I am concerned, have you been to medical yet?"

"No not yet," Leia said. "But I made an appointment with Cilghal to go."

"Good," Han said. He rubbed her back gently. "Feeling better?"

Leia nodded and turned in his arms, leaning against him. "Still a little queasy, but I feel better," she murmured.

Han pressed a kiss to her forehead and easily lifted her into his strong arms the feel of her against him was incredible. It was a sensation he knew he would never tire of. "Let's go back to bed," he whispered against her ear. Leia nodded and he carried her back to their bed, settling her down and slipping beneath the covers, pulling her close to him. Han was still awake when he finally felt Leia's breathing even out as she fell asleep. He soon joined her.

~~

"Mom!" Jaina Solo-Durron called as she came into her parents' home. "You here?"

"In the kitchenette, Jaina!" Leia called from the other end of the house.

Jaina set her bag down and walked back to the kitchenette. She paused in the doorway when she saw her mother staring into the bowl on the counter. "Mom, you all right?" Jaina asked.

Leia's head came up and a forced smile came across her face. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine," she said. She started mixing what was in the bowl again. "Just making a cake."

Jaina peered into the bowl and raised her eyebrow. "Mom, it's a big brown lump," she said softly.

Leia sighed and glanced down. A groan escaped her throat as she walked over to the trash compactor and tossed the scattered ingredients in. "There's a reason I rarely cooked," she said.

"You did well when you paid attention," Jaina said with a grin. "But you looked like you were a million miles away."

"I was," Leia said. She gave her daughter a smile. "What brings you by?"

"Oh!" Jaina said with a bright smile. She put the card in her hand on the table. "Happy Anniversary."

"Oh thank you sweetie," Leia said picking up the card.

"Kyp and I want you and Dad to come over for dinner tonight, Jacen and Tenel Ka are coming as well," Jaina said. "Uncle Luke, Aunt Mara and Ben too."

"What about Jag and Tahiri and Danni and Zekk?" Leia questioned.

"Just family tonight," Jaina said. "We are having dinner with the Fels and the Enths tomorrow."

"What time do you want us to come over?" Leia asked.

"About seven?" Jaina asked.

"All right, we'll be there," Leia said. "Is there any special reason?"

Jaina got a wistful smile on her face. "You'll see." Leia merely raised her eyebrow at her daughter.

~~

To say th

2. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *grins* Awesome start here, JainaDurron. I'm normally not into Jaina/Kyp fics, but this could be one that I read. *grins again* Can't wait for more.

:Targeter:

3. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    I was chuckling the whole way through this post :D And at the end I nearly burst out laughing but didn't because I'm in the library so I have to be vewey vewey quiet. *laughs like Elmer Fudd* 8-} This is going to be an interesting situation Jilly! :D I can't wait to see what you do with it!

4. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    *chuckle* Like Father of the Bride 2? Only something tells me, that this story is going to be much more interesting. :)

How old would Leia be in this story, btw? She's gotta be...at least in her late 40's, if not older. (I'm not too good at ages in these books.) I'm very much looking forward to what comes next! :)

-Mia

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    That's a great start JD :D

This is gonna be a great story :)

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    lol sooooo cute, I bet Han is going to go into shock!

7. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Han = doomed

I saw Leia's queasiness in the first part and that evil notion immediately came to mind. Poor Han... No rest for the weary. [face_devil]

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *giggles* I so heart you, Jilly-girl. This oughta be great!

Poor Han!

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    LMAO! I take it there will be a lot of hilarity in store? ;)

10. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Jilly you always come out with something new and inventive. YAY!

Jez

11. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Goos start cant wait for Hans reaction.
    But out of interest wouldnt Leia have sensed she was pregnant?

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Su, you copied my response! Can I borrow an extra LMAO? ;)

Great job, Q! Two pregnant Solo women. The men are in for it now. Only Tenel Ka, Jacen, Mara and Ben are safe ;). Luke is included in ?the boys? sentence purely because he?s Leia?s brother, and thus, at fault somewhere along the line :p.

Am [face_love]

13. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    LOL! I knew it! From the moment I read the title I knew you were gonna do something like this! This is gonna be good! Can't wait for more! There is gonna be more, right? :)

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

14. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Han!! [face_laugh] Just when he thought his life was nice and quiet and perfect! Now he's going to have to contend with being a daddy and a grandfather ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! (and I'm sure the little bundle of joys will all be Force-strong.. ;) )

15. Mell_Wars

Mell_Wars Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Wow, that was so cool

This reminds me a bit of that Steve Martin movie. *don´t know the original title. The bride´s father 2, maybe? I don´t know*

When Steve Martin´s daughter and wife are both pregnant and give birth at the same time.
    I can imagine Han in that role. That would be so perfect.

Can´t wait for more

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    kind of saw it coming :p hehehe. This should be good, poor Han is going to become a father again, and a grandfather at the same time :p good post, Jilly! I'll have to keep an eye on this one, looks like it could be funny ;)

17. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    LOL!!! Excellent Jilly! Muaha! I was chuckling all the way waiting for Leia to spring that on Han. Poor Han. He's always so unsuspecting of things like this.
    And look, you even have me reading K/J...granted it has Han and Leia. But it still counts!

18. StarForce

StarForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Poor Han (and I guess Leia too)! This is going to be so much fun. I always thought Han and Leia should have more kids (can never have enough Solos!)

Great post! Can't wait for Han's reaction! :D

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great start! :D As soon as Leia was feeling sick and Jaina had news to tell, I knew what was going to be happening... although I'm sure you can pull this off with much hilarity as possible. :p I can't wait for more fun! [face_devil] ;)

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Codename_Targeter: A totally new reader for me! Great! I'm glad you like it so far. :)

jedi_enigma: I can't wait to see what you do with it! Oooooo just wait ;) [face_devil]

Mia: Yeah Leia is close to 50 in this story, but hey, I'm sure what's her name in Father of the Bride 2 was older. And to be honest, I haven't seen that movie. I saw the first one, but not the second, I just have a general idea of the premise. I'm tempted to rent it to see what happens, but so much more is gonna go into this one that it's going to be such a comedy of errors at times.

FamousAmos: Hehe, thanks

Jen: :D Glad you like it

KnightHawk: :D

Emmi: Thanks hon! {{hugs}}

Suby: Ya think? ;)

Jez: Glad you liked it!

Lady_WinterCelchu: Probably, yeah, but considering her age, I doubt she was really looking for it.

Amsie: Oh just wait till you see what else I'm gonna do... :D

Babi: Yup, there is gonna be more. :) Especially once I finish up the last couple posts of Oskio.

GreatOne: :D Oh you bet they are...

Mell_Wars: Glad you liked it!

Wes: I certainly hope it'll be funny. :)

Paly: YAY! I got you to read a K/J, even if you only came for the H/L. :)

StarForce: So glad that you like it!

Jaina_and_Jag: Thanks so much! :)

Okay for the new readers for me, I PM everyone when I have a new post up. I'll PM everyone, and if you'd rather I didn't, just respond letting me know, and I'll take you off my list. :) So glad everyone likes it!

~~Jilly

21. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    This doesn't belong on the 3 page. This is a good story. I have always like the Kyp/Jaina pairing. They remind me of Han/Leia is someways.

22. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    LOL! that was great! Wow both of them at the same time, THAT'll be weird 8-} more soon please!

EJ

23. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    This is a really good story, reminds me of Father of the Bride part II, with Steve Martin. If you've seen the movie, it's so funny when Steve Martin runs back and forth between the two rooms. I can just imagine Han doing that.

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    The amazingness! :D :) 8-} ;)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

25. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    darkladyhannasolo: YAY! More new readers for me! :) I'm glad you like it. :)

Eowyn: Hehe, wait till you see what else I do.

ShortySC22: Hehe, maybe he will.

JJD: Maybe tonight with more. I am working on stories right now.

So glad everyone is enjoying this so far!

~~Jilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.