main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Like Father, Like Son (AU one post viggie, Luke) - IMPORTANT NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediNemesis, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Title: Like Father, Like Son

Genre: AU

Author: JediNemesis

Timeframe: After an alternative ending to ESB - Luke going with Vader - so between ESB and ROTJ

Characters: Luke, Vader, Palpatine

Keywords: Luke, Vader, Dark Side

Summary: After choosing to join his father on Bespin, Luke is brought before the Emperor, who gives him a choice - Vader's life, or his own...

Notes: This started as a post in The Laboratory thread on the WR, for me to get a little practice at writing this sort of scene.

It wasn't meant to become an actual posted story, but a friend (you know who you are ;) ) successfully talked me into tidying it up and posting it in the Saga forum, so here it is.

[b]DISCLAIMER[/b] I am not making any money out of this, and all the characters involved are the property of George Lucas.

[hr]

The blue bolts of Force lightning still poured into the motionless form lying on the floor. Eventually the Emperor decided that he had done enough, and stopped the flow of deadly energy. The huddled shape stirred and groaned, levering itself upright on one elbow, then standing, slowly, as if every movement was a vast effort.

Outwardly, Luke Skywalker still appeared strong. Inside - the Emperor's mind, honed to razor sharpness by decades of all-consuming evil, could feel the turmoil in the boy's mind as light struggled not to give in to darkness. He savoured the conflict, probing ever deeper, and contemptuously squashing Luke's feeble attempts to keep him out. Good . . . good. The boy showed promise - much promise. Once turned, he would be a valuable ally. And that time was not distant. Palpatine sensed the terror lurking in young Skywalker's mind, the growing desperation. [i]No - no more pain - no no no no no no . . .[/i]

The Emperor gave no indication he had ?heard' the frenzied mental plea. He would tame young Skywalker's idealistic heroism with pain, until the would-be Jedi cracked of his own accord. The Dark Side had to be embraced willingly: the Dark Lord could force Skywalker closer to that door, could slam it wide open and inviting for him, but in the end it would be his choice to walk through it. His choice, influenced by the prospect of yet more soul-shattering pain.

Lightning began to blaze from the Emperor's fingers again, enveloping Skywalker's weakened form and knocking him to his knees. The Dark Lord increased the intensity, entering the boy's mind once again and relishing his helpless anger at the intrusion. He probed inquisitively, searching Luke's motivations, aims, hidden memories, and cackled in appreciation. It would be splendidly ironic, what he had planned. It would be so - fitting. And he would be able to implement it soon.

Luke screamed, the first sound he had allowed himself to make since the torture began. The sound cut through the air like a knife, harsh and discordant, before trailing off into a racking cough and wretched pleading. "Stop . . . stop . . . I'll do anything . . . anything . . ." His voice rose to a scream again as the bolts kept on coming. "Anything! Stop, damn you!"

There was silence, apart from a couple of slight crackles as escaped mini-lightnings wormed their way into the floor. Skywalker knelt, breathing hard, staring at the Emperor with horrified desperation in his blue eyes. Palpatine lowered his hands, satisfied.

He probed Luke's mind again, and was met by oblivion. Something had given way, and the naive mind that had once housed so much turmoil now burned with a single all-consuming flame. It was harsh and cold, and darker that the infinite void that stretched between the stars.

Palpatine chuckled, the noise harsh and cruel beyond comprehension. "Very well. You have proved yourself to me. But I can only have one apprentice." He smiled inwardly at the sense of the monstrous flower of horror blooming in the boy's mind. "If you are to live - your father must die."

The Dark Lord stepped aside, allowing a direct line of sight between Luke and the agein

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    You know how I feel about this. Beautifully done and the ending was superb - unexpected and satisfying!!!

I liked how you redid that one paragraph - tightened it up just a notch.

All in all, a terrific job. Of course, you realize now that you have to write a sequel...(stalks off, laughing evilly).

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow that was so awesome

anychance you could turn this into an actual story? This has potentional.

4. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    I agree!

You can't just leave it there; its evil!

5. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Excellent! Great job - Palpy was written very well :D

6. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Whoa...............

That was very good Nemesis....
    You definitely caught me at the end...I wasn't expecting that at all!! But it was good!! He couldn't kill his own father :)

7. Skywalker26

Skywalker26 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2003
    Are you joking about leaving it there? I hope you continue!!!!!

8. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Many thanks to all who have read this - as for the sequel, I'm thinking about it! - just keeping this up...

Nemesis ;)

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Here's an up for you.

Yes, the problem is now that Luke has turned, Leia will not be pleased!!!

10. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Absolutey amazing vignette. You nailed Palpy's character perfectly. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting the twist surprise you threw in at the end. I definetely hope you continue writing!

~*Senoj*~

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee- Palpy sooooo deserved THAT one [face_devil] What fun to see Luke turn evil like that.

Good job!

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome job, Nem!

You need to think about how you can turn this into a full-length story. Father and son, ruling the galaxy, taking on sister and daughter. Hmm, that would be fun to see.

The imagery was great, easy to picture the action in my mind's eye. Fantastic work, and I can't wait to see more from you soon!

Shaindl

13. Darth_Khan

Darth_Khan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Great job Nemesis!

I really like how you described it soo well! I really thought I was in there with Luke!

14. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    I've said it before. Genius.

15. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    [face_blush] Thanks for all the compliments people! I'm still thinking about the sequel... who knows...

Nem :D

16. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Okay people, I have started work on a sequel, and it should be up in about a month, if my luck holds and I don't get writers' block.

Nem :D

17. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    This may be all the reader's I'm getting, but I'm still keeping this up just in case. :p

18. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow! That was very interesting indeed. Nice work! :D

19. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    Up! More people must read this!

20. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Thanks for the up jade_rebel3... [face_blush]

21. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woah. I *really* liked this. It rocked. I did expect Palpatine to get it, if only because it's what I would have done. I am glad that you're writing a sequel. I want to know where this goes because I was tempted to write a piece about Vader and Luke ruling the galaxy as father and son, but I really don't want to tamper with George Lucas's characters. Again, I'm impressed. I can't wait until the next post.

22. Jazzy_wan

Jazzy_wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    Wow. You must do a squel. Shame on you for leaving such a cliffie!

Heard about this from your fan. ;)

23. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
  24. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I loved it in the Laboratory and I loved it here. :) Great job. Especially this:

The Emperor raised his hands, preparing to blast the idealistic brat, when young Skywalker spoke. His voice was cold, colder than interstellar ice, and hard as steel.

"That's not what I meant."

Whew, give me the chills.

lordmaul13

25. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Thanks lordmaul13 ... glad I can spook somebody. ;)

And thanks for the up tatooinewizard!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.