main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Like Mother, Like Son (sequel to Guarding the Spitfire) J/Z AU *COMPLETED 6/6*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    That was a very low key reception for one of the most famous beings in the galaxy. I guess by now the regent is wary of keeping Jaina hostage, knowing her uncle is there. Should prove interesting just what Luke and the kids can figure out before the coronation.

It will be great for you to have more free time- I want to see how this turns out.

[face_love]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    SWpants666: Yes, which is why it's slightly less fishy ;) Sorry, no :(

EmeraldLady: [face_laugh] :p Maybe [face_mischief]

Jade_Max: Thanks :) Both of those things will be addressed shortly :)

Alex: Well, the less people who know, the better :p Yes, summer break is amazing :D

A/N: I've decided that this will be the last story in the series; I want to concentrate on other things for a while. With that in mind, I'm going to try to finish the story in the next couple weeks (summer break + no job = nothing to do :p ).

~~~~~~

A few hours later, Caleb found himself wandering the palace with nothing to do. He managed to almost get into restricted sections twice, before a palace guard suggested that he take a walk on the grounds.

The palace was situated on an island about a quarter of a klick from the mainland and the capital city. The long bridge connecting the two was beautiful, a shining material that didn?t reflect enough light to hurt any eyes but still made the beautifully decorated work of art sparkle.

The grounds themselves were huge. The palace was surrounded by pretty gardens, and one area was shaded by trees so tall that the young Jedi had to squint to see the tops. At one end of the island was a marina with ships ranging from huge pleasure yachts to small speederboats. The rest of the island, where it met the water, was all grass; there was no sand. Strange, Caleb thought, but he didn?t let it bother him.

He went down to the water at a safe distance from the marina and found the one person he wanted to see.

?Faedra??

Zekk held his breath as the guard passes him, only letting it out after the man?s footsteps faded. He then proceeded to slip quietly down the small, dank corridor in search of Jaina.

It hadn?t been hard to guess where she was being held. The capture of a CorSec agent, and a Jedi at that, would been involving the top people; she wouldn?t be held in a local prison. The palace made perfect sense, and Zekk had a sinking sense that the high-level officials holding her included the regent. He had to get her out of here quickly and warn Luke. Zekk felt a sinking feeling in his stomach when he remembered that they had two young apprentices along with them: Jaina son and Corran Horn?s daughter.

It took some searching to find the cell that Jaina was being held in; the prison hidden under the palace was extensive. Zekk winced when he stumbled upon rooms filled with some devices he recognized, and others that he was glad he didn?t. I have to find her, and quickly.

It took almost half an hour before he stumbled upon her cell. When he got inside, he was shocked to see the condition she was in. Her dark hair was matted with blood, and there were bruises on her face. Her lip had been split and there was blood coating the lower half of her face. Her leg appeared to be broken.

Zekk hurried over and bent down, checking her chest to made sure she was still breathing. It was faint, and Zekk almost panicked until he realized that she?d put herself into a healing trance. He scanned her quickly with the Force to see what damage had been done. After assuring himself that there wasn?t internal bleeding or a broken spine, he scooped her up in his arms, mindful of her broken ribs.

He had to walk slowly with her, wincing every time he heard a noise. Carrying her was hampering his ability to move, and they could be in real trouble if they got caught.

Despite his fears, Zekk managed to make it with her out of the cell block and up into the ground level of the palace. He set her down, breathing hard with exertion, and gently brought her out of the healing trance.

Her eyes fluttered open and her breathing returned to normal. ?Zekk?? she said when she saw him.

?You?re safe,? he said. ?I got you out of the cell block without setting off any alarms ? that I know of,? he amended.

Jaina gave him a small smile. ?You came, and that?s all that matters.? She pulled Zekk down and kissed him.

Zekk felt surpris

3. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    That was a great rescue until the blaster showed up- worthy of her dad- and better for ending in the arms of a tall dark and handsome guy. I have nothing but confidence in their ability to get out together. It hurts to hear about her banged up so badly.:_|

Great that Caleb found Faedra, but Liam's exploding boat is certainly a damper on events. Is Liam Force-sensitive like Faedra? Or lucky as a Solo?

I'm glad you'll be finishing this soon, and can't wait to see what your next project is.

=D=

~alex

4. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Ooh, I liked Zekk's daring rescue of Jaina. She's pretty banged up, though, and now they're both in trouble. :(

Hmm...Liam's Force-sensitive like Faedra? Because it certainly looks that way...[face_thinking]

Neat update! :D

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Caleb found himself wandering the palace with nothing to do. He managed to almost get into restricted sections twice

[face_laugh] Bored much? ;)

Her dark hair was matted with blood, and there were bruises on her face. Her lip had been split and there was blood coating the lower half of her face. Her leg appeared to be broken.

:eek: Oh no!!! Oh no, so not good.
    And of course they got caught. It's not Star Wars unless they get caught :(

They had just settled down to lunch when Liam felt a chill go down his spine. He looked around, and didn?t see anyone else nearby. But he couldn?t stop the feeling of danger that just kept getting stronger.

Woah. Is he somehow Force sensitive too? well, either way, I'm very glad he got himself & Sancha off the boat.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Alex: Yeah, it was painful writing it. I never want to get hurt that badly. The blaster is a bit more dire than Han, but it's good that you have faith :D

Liam . . . can't say which it is. Just keep in mind that he's Faedra's cousin :D

EmeraldLady: Thanks!! Liam . . . [face_mischief]

SWpants666: Very bored :p [face_laugh] Very true, and great line :D As for Liam . . . not telling, and he's not in this post so you'll have to remain hanging [face_devil]

~~~

Faedra turned around slowly. ?Hello, Caleb,? she said stiffly, and moved away.

?No ? don?t go,? Caleb said, running closer. ?Faedra, don?t go.?

She stopped and turned around, but she didn?t say anything. She had no expression on her face; she looked as distant and cold as she had in the throne room. Caleb?s throat constricted at the thought. He hadn?t liked the way she had looked. It had hurt.

?Don?t go,? he whispered again.

?Why shouldn?t I?? Faedra asked, her tone icy.

?Because you?re my best friend!? Caleb burst. ?Because you lied to me.? He tried to stifle tears. ?Because you left without saying goodbye.?

Faedra glared at him. ?Really? You certainly didn?t treat me like your best friend.?

?When?what?? Caleb sputtered.

?You were always off with Jysella,? Faedra replied, not a little sullenly. ?You had no time for me. And I??

?And you lied to me!? Caleb shot back, tears finally falling down his cheeks.

?About what??

?About being a princess. About this.? Caleb waved his hand, the gesture encompassing the palace and grounds but meaning her life here.?

?I thought you wouldn?t like me,? Faedra replied quietly, after a long, awkward silence. ?I thought . . . I don?t know. You were my first real friend, Caleb. I mean, I had friends . . . but not since my parents died. And I was so lonely at the academy . . . I just wanted you to like me for who I was.?

Caleb couldn?t help feeling a little bad. It must have been hard for her, and exiled orphan who didn?t have a friend in the galaxy. Before he could think, he gave her a hug.

Instead of fighting, Faedra leaned into the embrace, pressing her tear-streaked face against Caleb?s collarbone.

?Don?t move.?

Zekk froze, holding his breath. This is NOT good.

?Stand up, both of you. Hands behind your heads. And don?t try any of your Jedi tricks.?

Zekk stood up slowly and carefully put his hands behind his head, making sure the guards saw. He winced when he saw how many there were . . . and how hard Jaina had to struggle to get up.

Zekk moved toward her, and got half a dozen blasters shoved in his face for his efforts. ?She?s injured; let me help her.?

?I?m okay,? Jaina ground out between clenched teeth. She was favoring one leg very heavily, and she couldn?t hide the grimace of pain.

?Get her.? What appeared to be the head of the group gestured with his blaster, and two guards un-gently scooped Jaina off her feet. From the look on Jaina?s face, it didn?t appear to be helping.

The guards pushed Zekk down the corridor. ?We?re Jedi; we?re neutral!? Zekk protested. It?s illegal to keep us here.?

?Shut up, you.? The man directly behind him gave Zekk a hard nudge with his blaster.

?Where are you taking us?? he asked, regardless of the consequences.

?To be executed for the assassinated of the crown princes Faedra.?

Faedra eventually pulled away from Caleb, wiping her eyes. ?I?m sorry,? she muttered. ?I didn?t mean to do that.?

Caleb shrugged, feeling a little awkward. ?That?s okay.?

The two teenagers just stared at each other. Then Caleb said, ?I didn?t mean to ignore you.?

?S?okay,? Faedra said, not looking at him.

?No, it?s not,? he insisted. ?I was spending time with Jysella??

He was cut off when Faedra snorted. ?What??

?Spending time with her? Please. You two can?t keep your hands off each other. And you brought her here. To my home.?

?What?s your problem with Jysella?? Caleb demanded.

?Nothing.? Faedra rolled her eyes and turned away. ?Nothing.?

Caleb turned her

7. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Awww, Caleb and Faedra are sweet. [face_love] And she told him! This should be interesting. [face_devil]

Meanwhile, our fearless Jedi get themselves in deeper. But how can they be framed for Fae's assassination while she's still alive? [face_thinking] The plot thickens. :D

8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Wow, another update so soon!!! :)

?Because you?re my best friend!? Caleb burst. ?Because you lied to me.? He tried to stifle tears. ?Because you left without saying goodbye.?

Aww!!! :( I feel so bad for him. Ah, I hope he understands why she did it, and I hope she understands that she hurt him. And I hope they forgive each other, that's always nice

?To be executed for the assassinated of the crown princes Faedra.?

:eek: :eek: :eek: WHAAATT?!!?! what the hell do these guards have planned?

Hehe, that's so cute that Fae told him :) [face_love] And all he could say is "Oh" [face_laugh] Oh, that's great. He should follow her & tell her he likes her too. Because we know he does ;)

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Emerald_Lady: Yes, they are :) Well, that's not what Hiram thinks [face_devil]

SWpants666: Yes, summer break is a wonderful thing :D It's not so much the guards as the person in charge of them [face_devil] As for Cae and Fae . . . look below :)

~~~

Liam treaded water, desperately trying to hold on to Sancha while getting away from the remains of their boat as quickly as possible. His mind churned in terror as he tried to figure out what had happened.

?Liam!? Sancha screamed.

?Sh, baby, I?ve got you,? Liam soothed.

We have to get out of here before they ? whoever they are ? find us.

Putting all thoughts of who their attackers were from his mind, Liam started kicking his way to shore.

Caleb started, stunned, as Faedra left. She . . . likes me? Faedra likes me?

He shook his head as the words reverberated around in his head. She?s my best friend. My very best friend in the whole galaxy.

And memories came back to him. The way she?d looked at him, her smile, her laugh, the warm feeling she gave him . . . She was his best friend. The one who always made him laugh, who was always there. And now they had each hurt the other.

?Faedra, wait!? he called after her. He jogged along the waterline until he caught up with her. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

It felt different than when he kissed Jysella. Faedra was slow to respond, because of her surprise, but when she kissed back it felt . . . softer. Nicer. Instead of the quickness and surety of Jysella, Faedra was sweeter.

She was smiling when he pulled back, so he kissed her again.

Jysella wandered around the grounds, making sure not to run into Caleb and Jysella. She had stumbled upon them in her quest to end boredom, and heard enough to realize that Faedra had feelings for Caleb.

As far as Jysella was concerned, Faedra could have him. Caleb was a fun kisser and a good friend, but Jysella?s feelings for him as a male didn?t run any deeper than the surface. If Faedra wanted more and wanted it from Caleb, Jysella wasn?t too possessive to give him up.

Besides, the regent?s son was cute, and looked like he would be a fun time . . .

Jysella gave a yelp when she saw a ball of fire on the surface off the water, about a quarter of a mile from the shore. She ran down to the surface, searching the Force for any survivors of the explosion.

She found two: a man and a little girl. She was surprised that it was Faedra?s cousin, the handsome redhead. What happened? Her heart was racing. It looked like the young man was swimming to shore, towing the little girl along with him.

Jysella searched the water for any pursuers, but didn?t feel anyone. She turned her attention back to the prince. He was swimming as fast as he could, but the girl was an added weight, and he had been a little tired to begin with.

Jysella cursed, for the hundredth time, her inability to use telekinesis. But the gift she had received from the Halcyon family could come in handy.

She reached out to Liam with the Force. Let me help you.

Let me help you.

Liam stopped with a jolt when the words reverberated around his head. What the . . .

Suddenly, he felt a burst of energy. Not knowing where it can from but wanting to take advantage of any possible help, he used it to continue swimming.

Even with the mysterious help, it was a long way to shore. Liam was tired from swimming with Sancha earlier, and the little girl made it hard to move. Nevertheless, after what felt like an eternity, the grassy slope of the island the palace was on was near. It was then that Liam caught sight of a young woman standing knee-deep in the water.

She moved out a little farther as he got closer. When he was near enough, she grabbed Sancha. The little princess was terrified, but she somehow knew that Jysella wouldn?t harm her.

Liam found his feet and followed the brunette and his cousin to the shore. When he reached the grass, he collapsed in relief, panting heavily.

The woman set Sancha

10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I love your summer break :)

?Faedra, wait!? he called after her. He jogged along the waterline until he caught up with her. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

YAAAY!!!! WOOHOO!! :) :D [face_love]

I'm glad that Jysella isn't all jealous girlfriend-like; I'm glad they both decided they liked each other only has friends. That could mean good things for Cae & Fae :)

As soon as this threat is defeated, of course.

Jysella cursed, for the hundredth time, her inability to use telekinesis

[face_laugh] Yep, Corran's daughter all right

Liam nodded. ?I?m not as strong as Faedra, but yes, I do know that. Sancha in, too. But I don?t have any interest in becoming a Jedi

Ah, that explains everything. Well, not EVERYTHING, but just that part of everything :p

?We have already executed one Corellian agent,? Hiram interrupted. ?We will execute these two. Now.?

*insert horrible Corellian curses here* bah, no! No, you can't do that! *at a loss for words*

Please fix this? [face_praying]

11. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, another update! :)

Aww, Caleb kissed Fae! They're so cute. [face_love]

Meanwhile, Jysella is so shallow. :rolleyes: But at least she's not going to go all jealous-girlfriend on Faedra, and it was cool to see Jys use her Halcyon powers to help Liam and Sancha.

Liam is Force-sensitive! :D I like him. Not because he's Force-sensitive, just because he's a neat character.

Great update! =D=

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SWpants666: So do I :D Yeah, she's too cool to be jealous ;) All in all, not a bad character :) There could be fixing :)

Emerald_Lady: Maybe a little, but hey, she's sixteen. Plus, she was nice enough not to care when she learned that another girl was after her guy. I'm having fun with Lam :D Thanks!! :)

~~~

Faedra smiled, and Caleb didn?t care that he was grinning like a fool. It felt so good to see her smile at him like that.

?I like you, too,? he said, mimicking her earlier words.

?Good.? Faedra leaned against him, wrapping her arms around him and laying her head on his shoulder. ?Very good.?

Caleb found that he liked holding her. He wasn?t much taller than she was, but tall enough that she didn?t have any trouble cuddling. And he liked the feel of her soft hair against his cheek and her body pressed up against his. He wished he could freeze them in time and make the moment last forever.

But they both realized that something was in their way at the same time. ?Jysella!?

Caleb winced. He felt awful for cheating on her. ?I have to talk to her.?

Faedra nodded. ?I?ll come back to the palace with you. I have to have a talk with my uncle.?

Jysella had forgotten to take her shoes off when she waded into the water, so she was going barefoot, with her pants rolled up to her knees. Liam, who was soaking wet, was caring an equally wet Sancha. The little girl had fallen asleep from exhaustion, her head on her cousin?s shoulder. For her part, Jysella was just admiring Liam?s bare chest.

They managed to get inside without attracting much notice, but they couldn?t find Luke. He wasn?t in the rooms the Jedi had been assigned, nor was he in any other likely locations.

After a while, Liam sighed and led the way back to Sancha?s room. He put the sleeping girl down on the couch. Jysella carefully took off the princess?s wet clothes and put her in new ones. Liam went to his room to change and came back quickly.

The two sat on the couch, both too tired to consider moving much farther. ?I?m wiped,? Jysella commented.

?Me too. I don?t think I want to do that again.?

?Find someone else to help you next time.?

Liam chuckled and looked at her. He has pretty eyes, she realized. They were a deep blue. She thought she might get lost in them.

She was surprised when he leaned over and kissed her, but she quickly reciprocated, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer. He was a good kisser. She guessed that he?d had quite a bit of experience, but instead of resenting the other girls, she was pleased that she was getting the benefit of them.

?That was nice,? she said when the kiss ended. ?I wouldn?t mind doing that again.?

Liam grinned and leaned closer.

A while later, they left Sancha with a handmaid that Liam trusted and made their way toward Hiram?s office. They were turned away at the door. ?His highness is not here,? one guard said.

?Well, where is he?? Liam demanded.

?Out on the execution block.? Liam gnashed his teeth and dragged Jysella away.

?The what?? she asked.

?It?s a new feature,? Liam ground out, ?courtesy of my father. Come on. This can?t be good.?

Along the way, they ran into Caleb and Faedra. The two young Jedi were holding hands and walking closely together. When they saw Jysella, they jumped apart, looking guilty.

Jysella grinned and winked. ?You two are right on time,? she said jauntily, happy for Caleb that he had found someone.

Jysella . . . Caleb started in mind-speech.

Enjoy her, Cae, she replied. We had fun, and I plan to continue . . . She shot a glance at Liam [/i] . . . having fun[/i].

Caleb smiled at her. Thanks, Jys.

She sent him the mental equivalent of a hug. You?ve been my friend forever, Cae. No need for thanks.

The quartet made their way to Hiram?s execution block. There was a small crowd gathered, and Faedra was able to pick out her uncle, Master Skywalker, and??

?Mom!?

Liam grabbed Caleb and pulled him back ar

13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    *faints*
    I'm loving this constant updating thing :D

Faedra smiled, and Caleb didn?t care that he was grinning like a fool.

[face_love] So cute! Young love is the best :)

?Find someone else to help you next time.?

[face_laugh] Hey, he never asked for her help ;)

?That was nice,? she said when the kiss ended. ?I wouldn?t mind doing that again.?

Liam grinned and leaned closer.

Yay!! I don't usually condone cheating, but everyone's happier because of it so yaaayy!!!!!! Happy!!
    It won't last long, so I'm going to hold on to this happy moment *squeezes moment close*

She sent him the mental equivalent of a hug

Mental hugs are awesome.

Jysella unhooked the blaster that was strapped to her waist. ?Shall we??

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Hmm...more like Mirax's daughter than Corran's ;)

?I?m a disappointment,? Liam corrected. ?I sleep with anything female, and I don?t give a damn about what he does in regards to ruling Nymeria. And,? he said, smiling, ?I care too much about you. I could put up a fuss, and have it investigated. It would lead to awkward questions. And he can always get another heir.?

From that last bit, sounds like Liam's not the only one who sleeps with anything female o_O
    I'm very glad that my initial suspicions about Liam have disappeared, because I really like his character. He's a great cousin *hugs Liam*

I hope 7 minutes isn't too long of a time [face_worried]

14. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Wow, I stay away a few days, and come back to all of this =P~

Kissing, and more explosions, and more kissing, and soon to be a very big explosion. I can't wait to see what the kids do to buy seven minutes until she becomes queen. I'm pretty sure even a whole planet's worth of people couldn't stop Luke from freeing Jaina and Zekk, but the extra help he's about to get should be interesting.

Splendid as always, and the fast-paced storyline is definitely benefitting from the quick posts. [face_love]

xoxo, alex

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SWpants666: Well, they're all cheasting and they're all happy :p Jysella is very much Mirax's daughter :) And speaking of the apple not falling far from the tree, Hiram is just a meaner, uglier Liam :p

Alex: [face_laugh] No, Luke won't let anything happen :) Thanks!! :)

~~~

Jaina and Zekk were standing close to each other on the platform. ?Any brilliant ideas?? Jaina whispered.

Zekk shook his head. ?But I think we?ll end up running for it while your uncle holds them off with his lightsaber.?

?Great.?

?Five minutes.?

?I will not let you do this,? Luke ground out.

?This is my planet, Jedi,? Hiram replied, ?and I?ll do what I want.

?Two minutes.?

Hiram lifted his hand, and the guards on the platform moved Jaina and Zekk into position.

Luke grabbed his lightsaber.

?One minute.?

?Any last confessions, Jedi??

Luke?s lightsaber flared to life.

?Ten seconds.?

Luke started moving toward Hiram.

Then the bells started tolling.

?Go!?

Faedra burst out of her hiding place and ran into the crowd. ?Stop!?

Her cry got attention. Hiram turned toward her, as did the gathered guards and the Jedi.

She didn?t notice that Liam, Caleb, and Jysella had followed her out. Hiram was looking at her, surprise and hatred clearly visible on his face. ?You?you?you?re supposed to be dead.?

?Arrest the former regent for attempted assassination,? she said.

?On what authority??

?The bells just tolled,? Faedra reminded her uncle. ?I?m sixteen, which means I?m the queen, crowned or not. I have the power, and I was you in jail.?

Zekk was helping Jaina down from the platform as Hiram was swarmed and dragged off. ?Mom!? Caleb cried.

?Hey, sweetie,? she said. She ran a hand fondly through her son?s hair. ?You okay??

?I?m okay. Are you okay?? Caleb turned to Zekk. ?Is she okay??

?She?ll be okay,? Zekk reassured his apprentice. He nodded his head toward Faedra. ?Go help your friend.?

With one last worried glance at his mother, Caleb made his way back over to Faedra.

Jaina leaned gratefully into Zekk, letting him help support her weight. ?Thank you,? she said.

?For what??

?For everything. For coming after me. For helping my kid.? She smiled. ?For kissing me.?

Zekk gave her a surprised look. ?Yeah??

?Yeah.?

Zekk ran his finger down her cheek, ignoring the mayhem around them. ?You said that you weren?t over your husband.?

?I wasn?t. I?m still not, not completely. He was my light when the galaxy was pitch black. I don?t think I?ll ever be over him.?

?But you also said,? Zekk continued, leaning closer, ?that one day, if I was still free, we could give it a shot.?

?I did say that, didn?t I?? Jaina replied, a teasing glint in her eyes. ?So, are you still free??

?Oh, I?m still free.?

Jaina?s smile got wider as he pulled her closer. ?Then let?s give it a shot.?

16. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Zekk shook his head. ?But I think we?ll end up running for it while your uncle holds them off with his lightsaber.?

Hehehe, that's an idea! and a very good one too :)

Luke started moving toward Hiram.

Then the bells started tolling.

Yes!! Luke inadvertently stalled him for the right amount of time! Woohoo! [face_dancing]

Hiram was looking at her, surprise and hatred clearly visible on his face. ?You?you?you?re supposed to be dead.?

But she's not, which sucks for you, so go away *shoos him away*

Aww, yay! Very cute :)
    Of course she's not over Jag, but I'm glad to see she's moved on. That's always healthy :)

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SWpants666: Yeah, it's time for her to move on and be happy again :)

~~~

Three months later . . .

Jaina was still favoring her good leg when she walked, but she was off the crutches. Faedra thanked goodness for small favors.

And large. Jaina had opted to stay on Nymeria for a while to help Faedra become adjusted to ruling a planet. Faedra had already filed for admittance into the New Republic and had set up trade relations with Corellia.

Liam had been an invaluable asset as well. He had picked up more than he?d thought spending so many years with his father, and he applied to it helping Faedra put the planet back together.

?They?re getting here today!?

Jaina laughed. ?Patience is a virtue, sweetie?and if you keep moving, you?re going to get stabbed.?

Faedra stopped wiggling and held still for the seamstress who was making final adjustments to a dress. ?I?m just so excited. I haven?t seen Caleb in forever.? Caleb, Jysella, Zekk, and Luke had gone back to the Academy a few weeks after Hiram was imprisoned and Faedra was crowned. Jysella and Caleb had to continue their training and Luke had business to attend to, but they had promised to visit as soon as they could.

?Ah, young love.?

Faedra smiled. Jaina didn?t seem like her boyfriend?s mother; she acted more like an older, wiser sister. ?Did you feel this way about Cae?s dad??

Jaina smiled. Mentioning Jag didn?t hurt as much as it once had. And as great as Zekk was, she was pleased to share stories of Caleb?s father with his girlfriend. ?Oh yes. I couldn?t wait to see him every time he was away, even for a few hours. He was everything to me. That?s why I married him when we were so young. ?Not,? she added, ?that I advise you marrying my son so quickly.?

Faedra smiled. ?I won?t.?

Jysella found Liam quickly enough. He was in the part that greeted the group of Jedi who touched down on Nymeria. ?Hey, loverboy,? she said in a moment where she was fairly sure she wouldn?t be overheard.

?Hey yourself.? The redhead grinned. ?I wasn?t sure you would come.?

?I?m just full of surprises.?

?Oh, really??

?Mmm, yes.?

?Well, then.? Liam extended a hand. ?I can be full of surprises, too.?

And then she was running so fast she thought she might fly, the wind whipping her hair back and Liam?s hand warm in hers.

It wasn?t a good image for the queen of Nymeria to go running when visitors arrived and throw her arms around them on the landing pad, so Faedra waited in her room, anxiously pacing the floor. She jumped when she heard a knock. ?Come in!?

Caleb slipped into the room and quickly found himself in her arms. He kissed her softly. ?Miss me??

?Yes.? She leaned against him, happy to have him with her.

After a while, they managed to make their way to the couch, where they curled up against each other. ?You?re doing okay here?? Caleb asked, stroking her hair.

?Yeah.? She rested her head on his chest. ?Your mom?s been great.?

?She?s pretty amazing.?

They were quiet for a while before Caleb said, ?I can?t stay.?

She knew what he meant. ?I know. You?re still training to be a Jedi. And we?re very young, as your mother has pointed out.?

Caleb nodded. ?I?m not ready to stay here. Someday though, maybe. It?s a beautiful planet. I think I could be happy here.?

Faedra smiled. ?I can wait.?

Their lips came together in a sweet, tender kiss.

Luke found Jaina walking down by the water?s edge. ?You look well.?

?I?m healing.?

Luke walked over so that he and Jaina were standing shoulder-to-shoulder, gazing out across the water.

?It?s been a long time, Jaina.?

?Fifteen years.?

Luke sighed. ?I made a mistake; I?ll admit that easily enough.?

?And my son almost died because of it.?

Luke looked at his niece. ?Yes, almost. But he didn?t. He?s alive and well. I know you were hurt??

The look in Jaina?s eye was one of anguish. ?You weren?t there. You can?t know. About any of it.?

?No, I wasn?t,? Luke agreed. ?And I can?t pretend that you weren?t in a lot of pain.?

18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Wow! I can't believe it's done!

?Not,? she added, ?that I advise you marrying my son so quickly.?

[face_laugh] No, they can definitely wait for that

?Well, then.? Liam extended a hand. ?I can be full of surprises, too.?

hehehe, that's so cute!

They were quiet for a while before Caleb said, ?I can?t stay.?

It's kind of sad, but I'm glad she understands, and at least they get to see each other every so often

He?d waited long enough. She was ready.

Yay! :)

Very great ending :) :)

19. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Writing Fest! *laughs* I'm thrilled you got the time to post basically twice a day - even if I was working and couldn't respond.

Wow!! What an ending! :D

Their arrival on the planet, Liam's force sensitivity, and his relationship with Jys had me grinning to the very end.

Cae and Fae are just adorable. I love how she told him that she likes him - and he had to respond. Jaina's approval of the relationship was priceless :)

I loved Zekk's rescue of Jaina [face_love] and the "execution" and how you adverted it :D

There were some really priceless one liners through to the end, but I'd be writing a novel if I quoted them all *laughs*

=D= Wonderful ending to a fun story. Great job!

20. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    [:D]

Yeah! Happy endings for everyone. I'm really relieved that Luke and Jaina made up. It was actually very nice to see her happy to see Zekk too. I guess one of my problems with them has always been that she never really seems happy around Zekk.

?But you also said,? Zekk continued, leaning closer, ?that one day, if I was still free, we could give it a shot.?

?I did say that, didn?t I?? Jaina replied, a teasing glint in her eyes. ?So, are you still free??

?Oh, I?m still free.?

[face_love]

Jaina will be a great advisor to Faedra too. And it will be good to get to know her prospective daughter-in-law.

I wonder what Corran's going to say about Liam?

Should we be looking to see this continued in some way? Now that everyone's in love, what next?

Whatever you decide, can't wait to read it.

=D= [face_love]

21. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, I'm gone for a day and I miss the rest of the story! :eek: It ended really well, though. I'm glad Jaina and Zekk could find some happiness together, and that Fae could get rid of her uncle and rule on her own. Not only that, but she got the guy, and Liam and Jysella seem to be good together. :)

Great ending! :D

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SWpants666: I can?t either [face_] Yes, Caleb and Faedra aren?t over :) Thank you [:D]

Jade_Max: Well, once a day, anyway :) Enjoying the time I?ve got and catching up for all the writing I couldn?t do this year. Well, once a day, anyway :) Thanks!! Glad you liked Liam and Jys :D Well, it wouldn?t be any fun if Jaina objected ;) Thank you [:D]

padawanlost: Yes, of course; I love happy endings :) She wasn?t really unhappy, but she didn?t know how to act around him because she still had feelings for him but thought that it had been too long, and that him training Caleb would make anything she did more complicated. Caleb and Liam will just have to get along :p Not the best of friends, but I think they?ll like each other. Corran, on the other hand . . . :p Not so much ;)

No, I like the way it ended here :) I don?t this I?ll be coming back to this storyline. Don?t want to mess up the happy ending ;) Plus, I already started another story that promises to be long :p [:D]

Emerald_Lady: Thanks :) Yes, I like happy endings so of course everyone had to get one ;) Thank you [:D]

23. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I've been on the periphery for a while so I haven't been real engaged in the boards, but I've got a little more time now and I remembered starting on this, and I'm glad I gave it a reread. It was a lot of fun.

24. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Awesome ending. Glad to see everything work out. Thanks for sharing. :)

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    N-P: Thanks!! I'm glad you finished it :)

j_o_e: Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.