main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Like Mother, Like Son (sequel to Guarding the Spitfire) J/Z AU *COMPLETED 6/6*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, Caleb won't be amazingly happy. Jaina's injuries aren't serious enough to kill her right now. Yeah, I'd love to have healing powers :D

On the J/Z front . . . maybe [face_devil]

I'm enjoying getting back to it :) Yeah, Faedra going back is going to get everyone into quite a mess [face_devil]

I make no promises [face_devil]

Yep :D I completely agree, and Luke is nothing if not a very good leader.

Yeah, they'll both have a little growing and rescuing to do :)

I relish the title :D I will :) I hate DRL :(

Well, mostly bad stuff awaits [face_devil] Yes, she wants Zekk :D

~~~

He couldn?t find Faedra anywhere.

Caleb had been searching the Academy all day, but he hadn?t seen her at all, and neither had anyone else he?d asked?not that most people usually paid attention to her, anyway. Jysella had told him to stop worrying, and that she was probably just in her room, but Caleb couldn?t relax.

Faedra hadn?t been in her room, or anywhere else, for that matter. Even Zekk hadn?t know where she was, though he had noticed that Cae was distracted.

?What?s wrong??

Caleb looked up. ?Huh??

Zekk sat down gracefully on the training room floor, gesturing for his apprentice to join him. ?You?re distracted,? he observed. ?Three blots from the practice droid hit you and you didn?t even notice.? Cae glanced at the droid, but his master had turned it off. ?What?s w

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Sorry I missed so many updates! [face_blush] I think I'm all caught up now. :D You have a really crisp way of moving the plot along and making sure all the pieces fall into place. :D

3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    ?I know what your mother said,? his uncle interrupted. ?And she would kill me if she knew I was saying this, but if you?re that worried, then Uncle Luke is the person to talk to.? Jacen gave a half smile. ?Your mom would understand.?

haha, oh boy, Jacen's going to get it ;)

Caleb?s face fell. ?She didn?t even say goodbye,? he whispered. ?She?s my best friend, and she didn?t say goodbye.?

:( awww, poor Ben! :(

4. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Zekk smiled. ?Go.? Cae was out of the room before Zekk could blink.

This made me smile. Zekk's a good master.

Jacen gave a half smile. ?Your mom would understand.?

*snickers* I don't know about that, but good for Jacen. [face_devil]

?She didn?t even say goodbye,? he whispered. ?She?s my best friend, and she didn?t say goodbye.?

Awww...*sniffles* Poor Caleb. All right, now Zekk and Cae need to go after their women! ;)

Great update. :D

5. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    If Cae is anything like his parents, that explanation isn't going to be enough for him. And I think he's quite a bit like them.

Hopefully Jaina wouldn't be mad if it was Luke who came to do some rescuing, though hhopefully Zekk doesn't mess up this chance.

Wow, did I say that- don't let the J/J police see that, please[face_praying]

More please... you have me hooked again. And you say I make evil cliffies...

=D=

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's okay :) Thanks!!! :D

[face_laugh] He probably deserves it get it every once in a while :p

Do you mean "Poor Caleb"? o_O

Yes he is :) [face_laugh] Yes they do. Thanks!!

Yes he is, and he'll be seeing her soon :)

:eek: How did you predict the next post? [face_laugh] Hey, I'm a J/Jer writing a J/Z fic. If I tried to turn you in, they'd get me when I told them where you said it :p

[face_devil] :D [:D]

~~~

Zekk shot upright. He had never heard that particular mental voice before, but he knew without a doubt whom it belonged to. ?Jaina,? he whispered, running for the door.

He dodged students and Jedi Masters in the hallways, muttering apologies as he raced toward Master Skywalker?s study. He burst in without knocking, and was surprised?and a bit dismayed?to see his apprentice sitting in a chair and trying not to cry, with the head of the Jedi Order kneeling on the floor, a comforting hand on Caleb?s knee.

Both of them looked up when he entered. Zekk was reluctant to tell Luke the news in front of Caleb; he didn?t want the boy to worry.

?Cae?? he asked, kneeling next to Luke. ?What?s wrong??

Caleb shook his head, so Luke answered. ?Faedra was called home in the middle of the night, and she didn?t say goodbye.?

?Aw, Cae.? Zekk put and arm around the boy?s shoulder. ?I?m sorry.?

Caleb shrugged. ?Her choice.? He looked up. ?I?m going to go find Jysella. Thanks, Uncle Luke.? He left the office, but Zekk didn?t miss Luke?s flash of pleasure at being called ?uncle.?

He turned to Zekk. ?What?s wrong?? he asked seriously.

?I heard . . . in my head . . . Jaina,? he ended lamely.

Luke frowned. ?What??

?She sent a message to me. She?s in trouble.?

Luke reacted instantly, reaching for his comm. unit and punching in Corran Horn?s number. ?Corran? It?s Luke. Jaina?s in trouble.?

?I know,? Corran?s voice came through. ?She disappeared on an assignment to Nymeria. Luke, didn?t you get my message??

Luke shook his head. ?No.?

?Natag asked me to call you and sent in Jedi. He?s worried, and so am I.?

Luke nodded, then realized that Corran couldn?t see. ?I?ll send someone.?

?Thank you, Luke. Let me know if you need backup. It?s too dangerous for me to send any more agents in, but I love Jaina like she was my niece.?

That stung a little, and Luke wasn?t su

7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

8. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    He burst in without knocking, and was surprised?and a bit dismayed?to see his apprentice sitting in a chair and trying not to cry, with the head of the Jedi Order kneeling on the floor, a comforting hand on Caleb?s knee.

Awww, I'm glad Luke still isn't too busy or important to comfort his students. It gave me the warm fuzzies. :)

Caleb shrugged. ?Her choice.? He looked up. ?I?m going to go find Jysella. Thanks, Uncle Luke.?

What? No, Caleb! Stay away from Jysella! [face_worried]

Luke grinned. ?I have learned a little bit from my brother-in-law.?

[face_laugh] I like devious!Luke. :D

It looks as if things are about to get interesting...[face_devil]

9. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Perfect devious moment for Luke at the end. And since there going to rescue Jaina I'm sure Han would more than approve.

I was a little worried there at how quickly Cae was turning to Jysella, but I'm sure a good trip with Zekk and Luke will snap him out of that idea.

Are you on spring break? Cause all these updates are almost too good to be true. [:D]

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I just about cried at Cae's disappointment and shock at being told Fae was gone - the disillusionment! :_|

And then, you follow up with a fabulous post that includes not only Luke and Cae, but Zekk rushing off to be the Hero - how can I not like that?! And Luke [face_laugh] He's so devious! Learning a few things about politics, has he?

I think between Zekk and Luke they'll be able to keep Cae safe - or maybe the other way around lol! And Cae can rescue Fae *grin*

Awesome posts, thanks for the PMs!

11. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Ooh, Luke thought up the perfect cover! And there's nothing like a good rescue mission to bring estranged relatives together! :p

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep :D

Luke's a good Master and a good uncle :) Can't promise that he will [face_devil] Oh yes, they are :D

He would, but he probably won't be in the story. Hmm, possibly [face_devil] Not making any promises [face_mischief]

Yep ;) :p Sadly, it ends Monday :(

:( [:D]

[face_laugh] Yes, he is :D and Zekk will get to be a lovely hero :D [face_laugh] He'll certainly see her there :D

Thanks!!! [:D]

Yep :D

~~~

Faedra took a deep breath and fought off tears. The doors to the throne room looked as imposing as they had when she was a child, and she was still as scared of the man behind them.

The princess fingered the soft gown she?d been thrust into as soon as her uncle?s man had sneaked her into the palace. What she really wanted to do was find her little sister, but Hiram had sent orders for her to come directly to the throne room as soon as she was changed.

The guards opened the heavy doors and the woman who had dressed Faedra shoved her in the direction of the dais. She stumbled a little before catching herself and walking slowly across the huge room, her feet clacking on the black-and-white marble floor.

There was a crowd in the room, a combination of Nymeria?s upper class and her uncle?s cronies, Faedra thought. They were all dressed very nicely, in expensive-looking dress apparel. She suddenly felt uncomfortable in the forest-green gown she had been forced to wear. It was pretty, but plain, and she would need to get used to wearing nice clothes and uncomfortable shoes again. The few months she had been on Yavin IV had broken a lot of her old habits.

Faedra headed directly for her uncle, who wa

13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Yay! I like your spring break too :D

It was pretty, but plain, and she would need to get used to wearing nice clothes and uncomfortable shoes again. The few months she had been on Yavin IV had broken a lot of her old habits.

It sounds like those habits needed to get broken out of ;)

Faedra bounded off to Sancha?s room, and Liam felt his heart twist.

:( Why? He's going to turn out like his father, isn't he?

Pacified, Sancha did so, and it wasn?t long before both sisters were fast asleep.

:) I'm glad they have each other

14. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    I have to agree that Liam has me on edge too. And if that nasty "Regent" thinks he's going to mess with even an apprentice Jedi, I hope he's quite wrong.

Though I will wait patiently to see him learn his lesson.

Cute sisterly reunion though- it's rare to see you end a chapter on a high note.

Where's the Jedi cavalry? [face_praying]

Great update =D=

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Yay for Spring Break lol!

Awesome update - Fae's insult to the Regent was awesome! :D You go girl! :cool:

I love Liam, contrary to popular believe, I don't think he's going to turn out like his father - personally I think he has a "thing" for his cousin. Maybe someone about "Keeping the blood line pure" like the used to do in old Roman times. A little one a squimish side, but not uncommon in Royalty.

Even if he doesn't (and I'm likely way off base - this is a PG board after all) at least he's openly happy with her about having her home. I can't help but smile.

And Fae with her sister was just too cute! Awwwww!

16. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Love your OCs! :)

?Probably fast asleep, but she?s in her room,? Liam said. He was very protective of the little girl, especially since Faedra had been shipped off.

I had sort of written Liam off as a silly, airheaded playboy. :p But now I'm really liking him. :)

?I?ll tel you about it in the morning,? Faedra said softly. ?Go back to sleep. I?ll be here when you wake up.?
    Pacified, Sancha did so, and it wasn?t long before both sisters were fast asleep.

Aw! :) But I have a feeling this won't last long. [face_worried]

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :D Unfortunately, it's over :(

I can't tell you about Liam [face_devil]

Nobody likes Liam :( The Jedi cavalry is on it's wyay :D Thanks!!!

Yay!! Someone does :) But you're a bit off track, there ;)

Thanks!!! Glad you do :) He's certainly a playboy, and he can be silly, but he's not an airhead :) You're right to worry :(

~~~

Caleb stuffed his duffle bag full, and tried to zip it shut. It wouldn?t close.. He tried tugging on it harder, but that didn?t seem to do anything but make it mad.

Jysella poked her head into his room. ?What are you doing?? she asked.

Cae looked up. ?Packing.?

?Or attempting to, at any rate,? Jysella replied, noticed that his zipping efforts were failing. ?Try using the Force.?

Zekk had said that the Force shouldn?t be used for trivial things, but Caleb was in too much of a hurry to care. He gave the zipper a Force-tug and it close almost more quickly than he could blink.

Jysella was still lounged against the doorframe when he turned around. ?So, where are you going??

?Um . . .? Caleb wasn?t sure he should be telling Jysella; weren?t missions supposed to be secret? But then again, his uncle was passing it off as an official visit, so it wouldn?t remain a secret for long. ?Nymeria,? he said. ?Faedra?s there, she?s going to be . . . to be . . .?

Caleb couldn?t seem to say it. His friend was going to be crowned. As in queen. She was going to be a queen . . .

He had been stunned when Luke told him. He had tried to deny it, but the look in his uncle?s eyes had been too serious, and the words had died in his mouth.

Why didn?t she tell me?? he whispered.

?I can only guess,? Luke replied, ?but I think she wanted you to be her friend because you like her, not because she?s a p

18. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Zekk looked at Caleb. ?What did she pack that?s so heavy??

Caleb gave a long-suffering sigh. ?Have the Temple.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

I don't like how Jys invited herself, I have a feeling that can make things get a bit messy. [face_worried]

19. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Packing half the temple sounds like me. But seriously, trusting strange hairdryers is worse than taking candy from strangers.

It should make for a difficult situation when Jys and Cae show up to see Faedra. She's not going to be very happy- of course who's to say she won't really need the help by the time they arrive.

[:D] and =D=, as always

20. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Caleb's mom is on the planet too? :eek: He and Zekk are really going to have their hands full. [face_worried]

I was hoping Luke would tell Jysella no...[face_plain]

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *snicker* Jys - of course - inviting herself along *laughs*

The "flashback" portion with Cae thinking about his discussion with his Unlce was great. I love how you used it where you did instead of having it as a scene to itself. Jys really doesn't know what she's getting herself into. She's a Wild Card, me thinks, who could screw everything up.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It could [face_devil]

[face_laugh] Yeah, my friends took hairdryers when we went to Europe last year rather than trusting the ones in the hotels :p

Not, perhaps, by the time they arrive, but shortly thereafter.

Yep [face_devil] No, he didn't tell her no. More fun for me [face_devil]

Thanks!! Glad you liked it that way; I wasn't sure if it worked well :) You are very much correct [face_devil]

Summer break in a week!! I hope to finish this sometime in the next month or two.

~~~

Caleb stared out the viewport at the blue-green planet they were slowly approaching. He couldn?t seem to look anywhere else.

Faedra?s there. Mom?s there.

Luke put a hand on his shoulder. ?It?ll be okay,? he said softly. ?Zekk will get your mother out.?

Zekk was currently hidden in the smuggling compartments on the ship, which were modeled after those on the Millennium Falcon, which belonged to Caleb?s grandfather. After they landed, he would sneak out and search for Jaina while the other three made an official visit.

Caleb nodded. ?I know,? he said softly. ?It?s just . . . I?m so scared. Mom?s all I?ve got.?

?It?s okay to be scared,? Luke replied seriously. ?But she?s not ?all you?ve got.? You have a big family, Caleb, and friends as well. You?re not alone.?

Caleb gave a shaky smile. ?Yeah, I guess so.?

Jysella bounced into the cockpit and took a seat behind Caleb?s co-pilot chair. ?Are we almost there?? she asked.

Luke gave Caleb a pat on the shoulder and nodded. ?Strap in.?

?Master Skywalker??

?You?re not pleased?? Liam asked.

Faedra shook her head quickly. She apologized as Sancha gave a quick protest of pain. Faedra tried not to yank her sister?s hair with the brush again. ?No, I am,? she said. ?I suppose. It?s just a little odd. He?s not a politician; he doesn?t usually do things like this.?

Liam shrugged and flopped down on an armchair, gazing at his cousins. ?Maybe it?s because you were a student of his. He could just be checking up on you. And from what I?ve heard of his, that doesn?t seem very odd.?

Faedra shrugged. ?I suppose.? She put down the brush and allowed Sancha to jump off the bed and give Liam a hug. ?I don?t really know what I want.?

Liam gave her and encouraging smile over an arm-full of six-year-old. ?You?re sixteen,? he said. ?Do you have to know??

?I?m going to be queen,? she retorted. ?I should.?

Liam shook his head. ?Don?t worry overmuch. What can you do? Just see why he?s here. And, ah, don?t be late.?

Faedra smiled. ?I think I can manage that.?

Luke, Caleb, and Jysella were led to guest rooms in the palace once they landed and told to make themselves presentable. It didn?t take Luke and Caleb very long, but and hour after their arrival, they were still waiting for J

23. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?I suppose. It?s just a little odd. He?s not a politician; he doesn?t usually do things like this.?

Yeah, but he knows about things like that.

Caleb watched Faedra?s face as his uncle referred to both he and Jysella as her friends, but she didn?t so much as twitch a muscle.

I really hope Cae doesn't take it personally. She's doing what she needs to do.

I hope Cae & Fae talk the next chapter though!

24. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    lol I like the image of Zekk hiding in the Falcon's smuggling compartments. I bet it's a tight fit for him in there. ;)

Darn Jysella! [face_frustrated] Maybe she'll see a cute boy on Nymeria and leave Caleb alone. [face_plain]

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Awww... poor Cae! He so wants to just see Fae and he can't because of everything that's happened. :(

So sad :(

You did well with the formal overtones and Cae's curiosity that comes with finding Fae sitting on the throne. I'd be curious about everyone around her too if I was him.

Now I'm really curious about 2 things. 1 - where's Zekk and will he be able to rescue Jaina? and 2 - will Ce actually get to talk with Fae or will she avoid him like the plague [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.