main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Like Oiled Silk (Romance/Angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bant428, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Title: Like Oiled Silk
    Author: Bant428
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM to Ascension of Palpatine
    Characters: Anyeh Qizzaz, Otim Aylliw, Darth Sidious, Senator/Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine
    Genre: Romance, Angst
    Keywords: Palaptine, Sidious
    Summary: An emotional drama of betrayal and the loss of love, with a surprising twist
    Notes: Page breaks indicate the shift between past and present
    Version 3

Notes: Page break indicates the shift from past to present and vice versa. // indicates talk through the Force. Italics indicate internal dialogue/errant or drifting thought.

the night ? my haven
    it glides in stealthily
    enveloping me in darkness
    oh so softly

oh my love
    completion of my soul
    heat of my body
    you torture me ? oh so softly

you come to me
    in my sleep
    tiptoe oh so softly
    into my dreams

you beckon to me
    I heed your call
    I glide oh so softly
    towards you

my body heats and shudders
    my chest heaves, then quiets
    my hands anticipating
    stroking you ? oh so softly
    my soul threatening to shatter ?

? yet oh so softly
    you fade away
    leaving me behind

and so I think of you
    oh so softly
    as the sun rises and shines on me
    oh so softly

leaving me with nothing

[Part 1]
    Had I ever felt pain this way? Pain from my very center, the core of my being, the soul of my soul? Pain that walked with me, waking and sleeping, breathing, moving and in repose? Everything tasted of it: the food that I shoved down my throat along with the bitter truth, the liquids I downed that later poured out of my eyes, salty with dissolved hopes and dreams and loves. Everything looked like it: the clothes in my wardrobe rustling with my wish to stun him with my "beauty," the journals that smelled of musty, stale emotion, the flickering of the holoscreen flashing shows as mindless as my abandon of logic when it came to him. All voices sounded like his -- my own voice said what he said. He -- and the ceaseless pain -- was there everywhere I went, his thought so deeply mingling with mine until I didn't know my soul from his.
    I wish it had been love. This -- this was much more complicated.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had gotten to know him because of something so mundane I can't believe it led to the completion of my soul. We met because I couldn't get a schedule change.
    It was my second day of my first year at the Academy for the Humanities, a large school in Theed renown for its alumni who became famous in art, literature, music, drama, politics, and as priests and priestesses. Those of us with talent in one of those areas were pulled out of "general" schools and placed here as soon as our gifts were recognized. Some students were talented in many areas; most were on sponsorships. I wasn't. The daughter of affluent merchants, I got in because of my poetic talent, but many whispered that my parents' ample funds were the real reason. I still had many friends at the school, yet we never seemed to progress to a deeper level of friendship.
    I was arguing at lunch with "The Nerf," the smelly old woman in charge of the arrangement of classes. Her nickname had been used for so long, nobody knew her real name or was brave enough to ask.
    "I don't want to be in this Naboo Studies class," I pleaded, trying to remain calm. "I need to switch."
    "Why is that?" She looked at me, her eyes surrounded by unpitying wrinkles.
    I really had no "valid" reason, by the school's standard. I had a great reason by my own standards. Sergeant of Historics Goojiprat Kibop taught the other class, Nubian History. Kibop was half Corellian and half humanoid, a novelty on Naboo, charismatic, and young, and engaging. His name to the general student body was "Go-jeer-at Kibop." He was highly controversial, but definitely more fun than the Naboo Studies teacher, General of Historics Dofrey, a dry, senile, lecherous old man.
    "Ummm... I have to change my, umm, schedule..." I knew I had no case.
    "You have no case." I could ha

2. Bant428

Jul 22, 2002
    Please will someone read my story?
    =-(

3. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Interesting beginning.

I'm a little confused, but that's normal for the beginning of a story. Love the title, by the way - that's what drew me in. Keep it up!

Just Jill

4. Bant428

Jul 22, 2002
    What exactly confused u, Jill? I'd like to know, please =-)

BTW, I've updated the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.